Thursday, January 31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 31

Good morning Rounders. I had a beautiful post written out and posted, but I had put the wrong date on it. Blah! I had to redo it. Today is the last day of January. I slept like a bear last night and got caught up on my sleep deprivation. LOL! I did get up for awhile around 1 am, but went back to bed.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your concern for me yesterday. I was so totally engrossed in that Thomas Perry book that I wanted to finish it, which I did btw. Aunt Maye the title is Face Changers published in 1998. It was so good and I highly recommend this book. We will go to the library today to replenish our books.

I sure hope all of you stay safe during this deep freeze and I pray you'll have the endurance to sustain your hope for a warm and lovely spring. Peace & Plenty. I'll be back later.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

The struggle is real. I don’t want to leave my house today!!! The students must eat so I must go. I will work out after work I think then come home and cover up.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth, I hope you find the inner strength you need to face the day.

Good morning.
    We are still having cloudy, dreary days. I guess that is the prelude to a possibly wet weekend. ☂️ Yep, rain is predicted.
    We will see how that turns out.

Nothing new to report here. I read about Detroit’s weather, so impulsively I went to Google maps to check my old neighborhood. Things look so different now. Someone else lives in ”our” house now. It looks different somehow.
    Across the street where my grandparents lived, the property was broken up. The house is gone and nothing but grass and 2 trees are left......my grandfather had 67fruit and nut trees, and the fruit trees are all gone. But his garden plot and the plot with a small cottage on it are gone, someone fenced it off and built another house. Many of the old homes have been restructured. The area is 95+% Arab now. The vacant lots that were play areas for the neighborhood kids are gone. Only the memories are left now. Such is the way of life.

i expect us to be busy with stuff today. We took a break yesterday. E wasn’t feeling up to par. So he tells me that I need to rest. Basically, times like this I am sitting with him. Makes him feel better.

I think I will make pancakes this morning. Yum! We will have extra that I can put in the freezer. I am trying an apple cinnamon pancake mix. My favorite spice!

I hope you all have a great day. Stay warm and cozy. ☕️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      That mix sounds good!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      In 2016 we googled all our former properties that we had owned and it was so sad. The beautiful little garden that I made behind our condo had been completely removed, even the 153 old bricks that I had carried to make the walkway thru it. They planted sod and had a big grill and that was it. These were on the pics for the real estate sale. They say to never go back to houses that you've sold and guess that is good advice. Shame. I loved that garden and it was just beautiful.

good morning. I am out of Zicam and yesterday I had three kids with awful coughs and one with sneezing. I was washing all day but should have put on a mask...I told one dad that his child probably should stay home and rest today. the little boy said his throat was hurting about an hour before his dad was due to get him. Two kids had been out on Monday but came back Tuesday. No fever so when the parent can't stay home any longer they bring them. Today I have the new baby for the morning and I will be jtrying to keep him out of the way of all the others although his toddler brother is starting to get the cough and cold. Anyway, I am running to the pharmacy right after daycare for cold meds.

The library is on my to Do list for Saturday now that I don't have a tax appointment. I want to look through the authors you ladies are recommending. I am hoping my mom will want to go with us because she likes the Southwest and has found some author before and read all his books.

I will be back later. Not much different here and need to get things ready for the kids and the day!

The temperatures are beyond awful out there. I am hoping the power stays on for all of you in the Cold Zone!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula, honestly you are working in a germ laden environment every single day. I hope you don't get sick. I got 5 Ridley Pearson books at our library this morning and I'm already hooked on one. It's titled Parallel Lies. Thriller.

Woke this morning with an upset stomach. Don't know how I could have caught anything... have not been out since Monday and no one in this house is sick. Anyway, this coffee is not settling and I think I will go back to bed for a while. Temp right now is 7* and suppose to finally warm up. Andrew is back in school today but I see a lot of areas are still closed. Every day is a day closer to summer....yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope it's nothing serious or contagious. Snuggle down.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxi I sure hope you are not coming down with something, but usually not being able to drink the coffee or tolerate the smell of it is my first sign of sickness. Feel better. Snuggle down under that comforter and sleep.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      On, no! Stay snuggled and do as little as possible. Just concentrate on getting better!
      Those - temps are unbelievable until you feel that chill freezing your nostrils!
      Take care!

Paula, it is a good pancake, but I will add more cinnamon the the batter. I like a stronger cinnamon taste. This turns out to be an oatmeal batter. It is a Fry’s/Kroger store brand mix (Private Selection). And I love oatmeal, too.
    I sure sure hope you don’t come down sick. I like DayQuil and NiQuil to get through sick days like that.

Maxi, I’m sorry to hear you have come under the weather. Get lots of rest and liquids. I hope it passes quickly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Not much heat with this sunshine. No school again. Wind chill was -23.

Yesterday was good, but exhausting. My niece Maddie came for the day, and we baked & cooked. Made 3 kinds of cookies, a dutch apple pie, and orange chicken. We then watched an episode of The Great British Bake Off show. We got some good talking in too.

Becca had an appt with a Neurologist for the first time. She LOVED HIM! He didn't poo poo her off. He's ordered an MRI, EEG, some bloodwork, and 2 Rx's. She's had this migraine headache for almost 2 weeks now. She has a follow up appt in 3 weeks. She's had a soft cyst behind her left ear for many years & the ENT didn't think it needed anything done with it. Well this is the starting area of her migraines, and the Neuro was upset that it was just fluffed off.

I actually slept in a bit this morning & work with lots of energy, which is unusual. I've been just motoring around cleaning. Blaise got away with murder as far as electronics yesterday while I was busy with Maddie, so today I took control back. Glad we don't have to go anywhere. Too cold.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad Becca found a doc that listened to her and is doing something about it. That is so frustrating when they don't believe you when you're explaining what you are feeling and just assume you don't know what you're talking about. Good for her. Hope she gets some good results.
    Working...
    X