Thursday, January 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 24

Yep, Maxie I know we have tropical temps, but tonight we are going back down to 36*. The weather changes very fast this time of year. It's raining now and 71*. Aunt Maye you and your other half are welcome anytime. I am almost finished with the Paretsky book and I'm telling you she is my next fav author to read. Wow!

I think I will go and get my blood drawn in the am for my upcoming PCP visit. I only have to do it once yearly and the lab opens at 6 am. That suits me just fine. My blood draw is not fasting, but going early means I don't have to wait long in the waiting room. I will have to wait until daylight though in order to see. I'm no good at night driving.

DH is getting around much better, but the bone spur still is quite painful when he bears weight on it. Monday is his F/U appt. and I will be going into the exam room with him if they let me.

Hey all you Rounders stay warm and safe. I'm coming back later to read all the latest.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

good morning
    been up since 4am... but I did some snoozing last evening and then dropped off to sleep at 11pm.. so I will be good until mid-afternoon..
    THEN I will snuggled down in recliner. to "read"..

Karlinann...I took a chance on another J.a.Jance book.. again an earlier one.. and it is good ..Trial by fire.. .. if and when you find a good writer , let me know ,I'm always willing to try a new author.....have you read any Thomas Perry books?.. read the older ones first.. the 2018 i did not like ,

I'm a mean judge about good writing as opposed to the writer who fills pages and pages of description of their clothes , or the house. or what they are eating...etc etc... I want the story to move with readable paragraphs.. ( and without foul language)..

back to the RT...
    hope to see Donna today,,,,weather permitting
    I do come read. and love your "books Paula..

gong to make chicken soup today..( thanks Karlin).. got chicken broth and chopped up meat ready.. won't take long to add all the other.

Hi Maxi, JoG. Bethina. and all the rest of this RT "Gang"......see you later

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look for Thomas Perry at our library. Thank you Aunt Maye.

Good morning...work today will be busy if it’s like last week today will be the busiest day we have in our week.

after work I have go to the foot doctor and have an ingrown toenail taken care of. A quiet evening is planned after that.

Comment

Good morning, friends.
      right now the outdoor temp is 32° again, but should reach 68° this afternoon.
      We will be heading to Phx sometime today, to see the kids and drop off some stuff they want. the weather there is slightly warmer, so we will have a few days that reach 74°, and the nights are in the 40’s.

I didn’t get much done yesterday. E said he would run the vac over the floors before I mopped. I thought that was nice. But then he gets out the new electric broom, which he hadn’t yet put together. (Not sure whenhe bought it.). So I waited, and waited...... and he finally he read the instructions (I think). And he did sweep the floors. By that time, it was time to cook dinner. Guess I will mop floors when we return.

I made tuna patties, using leftover mashed potatoes instead of cracker crumbs. Got a touch of “zing” I added one little squirt of mustard. I thought they turned out good. But E detected the mustard and didn’t care for them that much. Great. We have enough for 2 more meals, so he can put catsup on his. Ketchup is very forgiving on/in many foods. My daddy taught me that. I don’t waste food, I find other ways to serve it. I can also top it with cheese slices and make “tuna melts”.

So we pack small suitcase today, and load the car up. I have to keep an eye on E. He doesn’t yet seem to realize he is not Superman, so will try to lift heave boxes. Then he will have trouble breathing. He is going to have to accept some help from me. i will have to arrange who is getting what, because he doesn’t see most of the labels. (Note to me: Get red markers!). Have to pack the trunk for last-kid-first, and so on. And find a way to separate each kid’s boxes so E can discern who gets what, at a glance.

So thats the start of this long weekend.

Karlinann, I have to get the blood draw panels done every 4-6 weeks. They inserted a port in my shoulder area, as my veins started shrinking and they had trouble getting a decent draw. Also, I have “talented” veins that can wiggle away from the needles. That caused frustration to the blood techs, and much discomfort and bruising to me. The port saves from the hassle of it.

Aunt Maye, if you go to Donna’s, will you sneak me a GH cookie? I love gingerbread!

Well, you all have a great day. I wish you all sunshine and smiles. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, you have rolling veins, the scourge of nurses trying to get a drip started. Thank goodness they usually have one nurse who is expert and she or he gets summoned many times.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        And I Love the way you posted to tweak a gingerbread mix!

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a safe trip Jo!

Morning! We have honest to goodness, real full sun this morning....temps are in the 20s but sun cures a lot of chills. But....I did just hear that wind chills tonight will be -10 to -15 tonight. Then snow flurries again. We shoveled last weekends flurries!

I make all my appointments as early as I can to avoid waiting room sitting. Do you know how many sick people are in waiting rooms? Plus I am not a talker so the earlier the better for me.

Today is lunch with the school chums but I am not going. I do not know where they are going and I hate wandering around finding places. Sierra told me where it was and she is normally pretty good but I guess I just do not want to go. It is a long drive to eat pizza. Those women just love pizza! I can eat pizza at home! If I am investing that much time in a trip I would prefer something other than pizza...ya know?

So, it appears I have a free day. Jon is off so he can feed his kid. I made the best meatloaf last night and even Sierra had seconds and Andrew smeared catsup all over it. He ate a slice of catsup last night! Guess he needed room for that pie. There is one piece left after he took some home. I will try to save it for him but making no promises!! I saved the cobbler recipe Karlinann...how easy is right!

This is a good day to run the vacuum and mop the bathrooms. Probably won't but it would be a good day to do it since the sun is out and I can see the dirt.

Happy reading ladies. I did pull out my purse book to finish since it was getting good. We pass books around so I read what I get or will run out and pick up a mystery. I have always been more of a summer reader for some reason. Probably years of sitting in the sun...might be why one of those waiting rooms i sit in is the dermatologist.

Need to start my day. Have a great one.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        The sun is already gone...good thing i got up when I did to see it!

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your humor!
        Outside now because our high 50’s is now low 60’s!

Oh, Good Morning! It was 45* at 6:22 when I went out to the freezer. It will be in the high 50's but I am impatiently waiting (toes tapping) for the high 60's and low 70's that mean Spring.

I need to focus on the dates not just the days of the week. I have a DIL whose birthday is Today and I haven't sent a card or a check or anything! And a grandson who turns 13 on Ground Hog Day. Luckily, Jenni is very easy going and knows the budget stress I have had with plumbing and stove. but I just forgot to really look at the calendar. I have had my tax appointment looming in my head and that is about it.

Ok, I get it about the "book", Aunt Maye, so you don't have to explain it to me...I am reading a couple of good books right now and thought you were referring to one of them.

Oh my goodness! If any of you or your husband's like WWII history I am reading the best book! A Higher Call, by Makos (can't remember his first name). Even the Prologue is so interesting. True story and not gory or vulgar language at all. Not too sad, either. (Boy, have I gotten more emotional and sentimental as I age). It is the story of two pilots (German and US) who come together with honor and respect to each other in an air battle...
      I was telling Becky about it and she said that is the book she read last year that a friend of ours had recommended. (Now that I write this I think I already posted it. Such a memory...?)
      My husband would have loved this book!

Last night went to the Bull and Gelding sale for dinner...food trucks were there and after walking way back finally found the 2 Guys and a Grill truck that I was wanting to try. Really good gyros! I had the traditional lamb and beef meat and Becky had the chicken. My mom had pulled pork and Bruce had tri-tip.
      We had to walk back to the indoor pavilion area which is a ways past the rodeo arena where you normally find the food vendors during the fair or the round-up. It was worth the walk. We shopped around the vendors and bought fudge and divinity to take home. The cattle dogs had been doing a show and the sale and auction for bulls and horses and dogs goes on all week. We walked past so many Nice trucks and motorhomes and trailers that the parking areas alone had millions of dollars worth of vehicles (all owned by people attending) and then you figure the value of the stock they are there to buy...the dogs go for Thousands!!! Like in the 20,000 and up (They are still cheaper than paying a cowboy!)

Ok, local history lesson is over. I will let you all go to your next class : cooking with Donna, Travels with Jo, Gardening with Karlinann...
      In other words: have a great day!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a wedding card for my nephew that has been sitting here for months. I find it every time I clean my desk! It has been signed and has a gift card inserted but never made it to the mail box. According to my schedule you are doing ok with missing a birthday by a few days!

Good Morning! It's snowing. I think we've got more than we did from that HUGE snow storm last weekend....what a joke that was.

Yesterday was sort of productive. Did have to go anywhere, so I worked on icing GH cookies. Got done what I had to for the 2 orders due this week. Blaise & I watched the movie Wrinkle in Time. It was good. Think we'll watch it again. Now of course it has to come with a discussion about God because it was all fantasy. Cork came home feeling sick, so went straight to bed. Requested eggs & toast...easy! I still had the hankering for Orange Chicken and has sauce left from the weekend, so made myself some of that.

Blaise & Xander got these talking Minions for Christmas from Kathy & Matt. Well Blaise requested to bring home his gifts from there a couple weeks ago when he visited and just FINALLY brought them in from my car last night. Well he had a blast playing with that thing. It's a hard plastic thing, but Blaise took it to bed with him & had it wrapped in his blanket. So cute!

Becca texted me a picture from her Tuesday adventure at work. They have a kid that bites while being restrained. She got bit by him several weeks ago, and then on Tues he bit her twice on her leg. They are trying to get him removed from their facility, but they have to wait for a court hearing and the state put him in kiddie jail for assault. It's no wonder people get burned out so quickly in these types of jobs and they have a HUGE turnover. Her supervisor talked to her last week about an opening coming up that would be a promotion for her & out of that unit. She'd be a counselor. Normally you need to have your masters before you can apply, but since she's over halfway there on hers, they may consider her. She also has a work history with them. She's been with them almost 3 years now. She started at the bottom & is working her way up. Very proud of her. I want to see her stay with them until she finishes her Masters since they are paying for it. She likes what she's doing now, except when they get an exceptionally bad case. This poor child is sweet but then something triggers him & he goes crazy on them.

Today is another stay at home day. More baking & icing. Got some laundry going too. Aunt Janet MIGHT come, depending on the snow & temps. Unfortunately the temps aren't to rise today, but rather fall all day. The snow has slowed down though. Cork called & he may come home early since he still feels sick & they are just cleaning. They won't lay them off, so they just keep sweeping & cleaning the same areas. Drives him crazy!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        A Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite books ( read as an adult) and one of Gary’s to
        Read to his class. Then some decision that the 4 th grade classes claimed it and so he had to find others.
        There were four great books that he lost to the 4 grade and he was
        A little mad about it!
        Stuart still has books that Gary gave him when Stuart went into teaching that Gary had used in classes.
        Books create such good memories for me.

Aunt Maye, the Sara Paretsky book does have strong language near the back of the book. It does not bother me, but I thought I'd better warn you before you got into the book. To me it's still a very, very good book.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
      X