Monday, January 21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 21

It's a cold damp 36* and I slept in this morning. I did look at the moon last night, but there was a cloud cover so the red didn't show up too much, but I was able to see part of it. It was still worth the look and I was the only one on our Cul-de-sac out there moon gazing. Lol!

We have a freeze warning in effect until 9 am. My To Do List for today: Laundry, Library, and Chicken Soup, not necessarily in that order. If I can throw something in the oven today I certainly will. It will heat up the house good and proper.

I'm just finishing up a J.A. Jance book, Remains of Innocence. It's a Sheriff Johanna Brady novel and it's so good. Aunt Maye I highly recommend this one for you. It will grab you from the beginning.

Be warm, be safe, and God bless.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I woke up in a very bad mood! I really don’t want to anything at all today! My sinuses are a mess. I am just not ready for another stressful week.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Now the sun isn't bringing any heat with it though....just 5 degrees out there now. They predicted this massive amount of snow over the weekend, and we got maybe 2 or 3 inches. What we did get was lots of rain, but because it was cold, it didn't melt the snow that was already there. Churches were closed all over the county and the main road going by our house was eerily quiet.

Yesterday we just stayed in & hunkered down. I finally got around to mixing up the cookie doughs I need. Baked off the Gobbs. Relaxed the rest of the day. Worked on multiplication with Blaise.

Not sure what today will bring. If the roads are OK, Blaise & I might go in town to Arby's for lunch and Becca meet us. We'll see. I'd like to get the gingerbread dough baked off into groundhogs. There is karate lesson tonight. I really should cook a real meal since I didn't last night. I'm still craving Orange Chicken. I ate all the leftovers already.

Hope you feel better soon Bethina!

Have a good one all!

Comment

good MLK Day to you all! I am open but will not have as many kids. I am hoping to rearrange the daycare room today with less kids and an idea that has finally jelled! It means changing where I have my fire extinguisher, but it really is not in a good place if I need it, just a good place now to show I have it...so I will move it and have a crib on the wall where it was. I just can't think about a heavy duty fire ex. over the end of a crib!

I have my soup vegetables simmering now. I am making corn chowder and adding chicken to it. Grilled cheese sandwiches with a couple of different kinds of cheese and that is what my brother asked for: a meal we all loved as kids. My mom always made good homemade soups and my dad was the grilled cheese guy, always offering a grilled ham and cheese, too.

I am not sure what our weather is for today. Last week they said no rain for a few days, but then changed it yesterday adding thunder and lightening to our Sunday. We watched Netflix.
        The WEst Wing! I am not sure what was on that I watched in the late k90's when this first was on, but I never did watch it. Now with Miss Political Science major it is a big hit! Until she has to pause it to tell me how in real politics something could not happen because "it doesn't work that way" and if I am lucky, she doesn't go into too much detail aabout how it should work...but we are really liking the series.

This week the temperatures are to start going up and yesterday I saw my first violet in the yard!!! I am taking down all the evergreen and red berries I still have on the piano and I am going to start putting up Spring decorations. Slowly but I need jto think it is coming!

Becky is making some kind of cookies today. Your Ground Hog cookies sound so cute, donna. The pictures I have seen of them are proof they are.

I hope you all have a good day and Beth, deep breaths and focus on something happy. I will be thnking of you.
        And all the rest of you, too!
        Karlinann, thanks for always starting us off on such Positive notes!

Comment

Morning! We are matching Cookie with the temps...4 this morning. Yesterday the chance of flurries needed to be shoveled. They are saying more weather this week but I gotta tell you I am not interested!!! Jon said the snow was turning into ice as soon as it hit the roads yesterday with the temps being in single digits. I wouldn't know because I never left the house and only left my chair when I needed to switch out laundry. Winter sure does suck! Especially this winter...

I think Sierra wants to go to Kohl's but she will have to get up first. She needs interview clothes for this computer class. They are even giving them a lesson on luncheon meetings. She has great manners but those clothes....well glad they are going to dress her up a bit.

Have a concoction in the crockpot but only Jon will be home tonight. Andrew has no school because of MLK day. Sierra is working 40 hours most weeks on top of school so isn't home but two nights a week. There is a hockey game at 3:00 so looks like an easy day. Well, I got nothing to talk about. The house needs a good cleaning but this is a holiday. Stay warm and keep sending that sun. Yesterday you needed to push it harder north since it only last a few hours before the snow came back.

Comment

Good morning.
            There was a beautiful azure and salmon sunrise this morning; the colors spread across the east horizon. Absolutely gorgeous!

We peeked outside last night, hoping for a clear sky and a glimpse at the eclipse. We had a little luck on our side. We saw the moon (smaller than I expected, though), and it was bright and looked very “3-D”. We saw the red color filtering in. It didn’t appear to be as bright a red as I expected, but then I realized that the clouds had begun to obscure it. So it actually must have been redder than it appeared. In just minutes we saw only the clouds, which appeared pretty bright with the moon behind it. A few minutes more and the brightness was gone. But I’m glad we had a glimpse of that eclipse.

My Fitbit said I had nearly 8 hrs of sleep, just a couple minutes short of that. I couldn’t believe it. I was far more aware of being awake a lot last night. But I do feel strongly well-rested. Normally I wake somewhere between 5-6 hours.
            Today it is 45° now, high temps drop to the high 60’s, then tomorrow the mid-50’s, and go up again after that. I shouldn’t complain, but the night temps are in the 40’s and I wake up to a cold house and turn the thermostat up. I don’t like the cold weather much.

Today nothing special is going on. This weekend E got the chills several times (they last about a minute), sometimes felt palpitations. He has no idea when the doctor wants to see him next. He did get an online hospital “how are we doing?” questionnaire. I told him to list his comments and complaints, and emphasize it it CAPS so they don’t overlook it. It is a heart problem, and he feels ignored as if it is nothing. Plus, I want him to call his doctor today. You’d think I was a drill sergeant, the way he said “Yes Mam!” I was a bit annoyed, but I know he was joking. In today’s world, if you have a medical problem, you need to let them know you are serious. Him, he tells jokes throughout his exams.

I need to look up if our trash day day is delayed again, today being a holiday.
            I need to sort some more stuff. I’m surprised to see how much stuff I actually have here.
            Well, it’s supposed to be a sunny day ahead. I will like that.

Have a good day, everyone! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Only one toddler showed up today. He has love watching me tear things apart!
              and has helped!

Comment

Working...
              X