Sunday, January 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 20

Good morning Rounders. This morning the moon was hiding from me behind clouds, but now I can see a crescent of it.

Yesterday was another gorgeous day and I sent sun to you Maxie and all the rest of you who needed it. Tonight we are supposed to have a freeze, 32*.

I will make spaghetti & meatballs for dinner today. This is my day of rest, but I've already made the meatballs and all I have to do is make the sauce and cook the pasta. Tomorrow I'm going to try to make some homemade soup using black beans, chicken, etc. I'll have to find a good recipe, (easy). LOL!

My back hurts today due to sitting in the patio chair for a few minutes. Those chairs are very deep and offer no lumbar support. I always pay the price, but I wanted to sit out there and read for a bit.

Hope your day is filled with love, peace & plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning.

Today will be surprisingly warm @ 77°, but cloudy. That doesn’t seem to bode well for seeing the eclipse tonight. But I’m hoping...... Tomorrow temps will drop again.

When i can see some light outside, I will be bringing in the Sunday paper. It is Sunday, right? The days seem pretty much alike. Except on weekends we don’t get all those telemarketer calls. We usually get 3-10 a day. E looks up the caller numbers, and believe it or not the calls are actually from other numbers. The caller “rent” various numbers from somewhere, and the real caller hides behind that. They are spammers or scammers or both. E now recognizes sets of numbers that do not actually exist.

I made pasta last night. Rototini (sp?) cooked in beef bouillon, with a can of seasoned diced tomatoes, half a jar of spaghetti sauce, and half a jar of sliced mushrooms. It was very satisfying and E said it was one of the best. The corkscrew shaped pasta seemed more substantial than spaghetti.

Tonight Im thinking of pork chops with apples.

Nothing much new here. Hope winter storm Harper won’t be as bad as expected, though I see a whole bunch of flights have been cancelled.

Stay warm and safe! Have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      My nurse told me that the Rotini that was different flavors such as spinach, etc., was fewer carbs so I will be buying that from now on. DH likes it also. The wind is very powerful here and it's so cloudy. I sure hope we get to see the Blood Wolf Moon tonight.

Good morning. It looks like the storm completely missed us here. My parents just an hour from here got nailed hard!

I am headed to Bible Study in about an hour. I wish I could stay home.

Comment

Good Morning!!! Thank you Karlinann....we have sun this morning! It is also a wind chill of -4 but the sun is shining. May not be sitting in a patio chair but will certainly be looking out the window. Yesterday we missed all the snow and ice but the temps dropped all day with horrible wind. It is wonderful to see the sun and maybe all the snow will finally melt.

We did not go to the party yesterday. We were afraid of getting caught on the highways with ice forming so played it safe and stayed off the roads. However, with a family like ours there is always something to celebrate and we have a 40th birthday in February. Always a reason to gather!..

No plans but laundry today. Sierra is working and I have no clue if Jon has plans...going to be a snuggle in Hallmark Day for me.

Thank you for the sun Karlinann! It is so exciting to see it shine after so long. Have a wonderful day everyone...

Comment

good Morning ,,, still morning for a bit longer

Karlin,,, take some pills with you to the deck chairs , stuff behind the middle of your back. homemade soup sounds so good.. but don't have a chunk of beef in freezer to start it with.. ( wrote that down on my groc list,)
        JoG... I think I will drop in and visit YOU today.... 77,, perfect temp.
        Bethina,, enjoy your Bible study.. went to many many of those.. its good to share with others
        Maxie, no laundry and fewer folks at the house..... a mini vacation for you!.... Sandwiches and coffee all day long!...

think for lunch I will make one of the frozen pizzas I have in freezer... a little salad, dish of fruit and there is Dinner..

I will settle in after lunch and watch the two playoff football games..... I can't believe I said that..... BUT. will try to crochet and watch at same time..
        ... I have decided of all the sports on Tv. football is the one I like the best... lady soccer game was on this morning... BORING,,, and (sorry,Donna,) Golf is the Mostest boring of all.. to viewers.... probably a real challenge to the Golfer.. but boring to watch on TV.. anyone of you watch Football on Tv. if so who's your favorite.... I should be a Steeler fan...but...NOT....

time to be thinking lunch... no church for us today.. snow total was maybe 3-4 "... Neighbor has cleaned the driveway and turn around.. but not going anywhere.. David too wobbly to attempt slippery ,possibly ice parking lot.etc.

~~~~~~~ to you all who come later...be back to read

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Never been a football game on any of our tv! Now you wanna talk hockey or baseball?

Enjoy your afternoon!

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not a sports fan but tend to watch the Big games. And your big games! Spencer has us cheering for the Baltimore teams, but if the Olympics are on, I am there! And ice skating...

Good you got that sunshine, Maxie! karlinann and I were sending it from both directions! I sent it while I was in Sacramento yesterday. Somewhere about half way the rain stopped and the then a little closer to the airport the sun was coming through clouds and in Sacramento it was full on sunshine and 70* temperatures! So nice. And on the way home right about the half way mark, we were back in clouds and misty rain. On the way home we decided to have a dinner of chicken and a homemade coleslaw so I went to the store for chicken and a few other things. The misty rain had stopped, but we had too much cloud cover to see the moon last night.

church this morning and then some things to do around the house that didn't get done yesterday being away. And the ever present tax prep!

Maxie, the orchid was a super pink color when I received it, but now the blooms are white. I will post a picture on Facebook. I want Ali, who gave it to me, to see I am still keeping it alive. It is the only reason I am keeping the garden window in my kitchen. I don't like it; it is old and when we had the double paned windows installed, the guy selling discouraged me from doing that window because it would cost 900.00 for it. Now I wish I had done it! Anyway, that seems to be the place the orchid likes and so it sits in my kitchen.

I am off to fix my hair. Not a lot to do when the wind and the rain are going to undo it, but I give it a good dose of hair spray and jus tgo with it.

Hope you are enjoying the sun (-3*, yikes!) and the movies.
        Jo, the food sounds good. I need to venture into the pork section and do some pork chops and homemade applesauce.
        Beth, once you get out to Bible study you will be glad you did. People around and good conversation, I hope.
        Karlinann, I saw some primroses planted yesterday and now I know some of what I want for added color!
        To all Rounders, have a good day and relax a little! Or a lot!

Comment

Karlinann, we like the rainbow rotini as well.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X