Saturday, January 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 19

I just found out a few days ago that if you put an ice bag or pack at the back of your knee, (in the bend of your leg), that it works to cool the blood down that goes to your feet to increase circulation. This is for people with Neuropathy, but it could also benefit people with Sciatic Nerve pain. Now when I get in the shower I let the first water, (cold) run on the back of my leg and it really seems to work. Who knew?

We have the full moon again this morning. Lovely. The grocery trip went okay, but I was exhausted afterwards. I found some wonderful discounts in the produce and fresh fruit sections. They were out of my fav oatmeal, but I bought a dozen eggs and am going to try to have eggs again for bkfst. A couple of years ago I had to stop eating them, but it will worth a try again.

I sincerely hope that all of you stay safe and warm this weekend. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! I heard that trick when Scott had his ankle surgery and couldn't lay the ice on his stitches. He placed it behind his knee for 10 minutes every hour. Worked for him!

So far the weather has missed us and we are just getting rain but temps are going to drop into the 20s and teens later. That means it could make some slick spots but I think we will go on to the birthday party. Once we get there getting home is not a worry with the space they have in that house! And we COULD leave early. I am looking forward to it anyway.

Other than that there is nothing going on. Need to gather all that needs returned, etc., to my sister. Books I have read, cookie tins to make sure they will be filled for next Christmas, a gift for Jan that came home with Jane so need to make sure my sil gets her Christmas gift from one of the nephews. I know what it is and she will love it! We always have a stack of things to exchange.

Thank goodness the snow missed us but the cold is also a bother especially with the wet roads...I would not go at all if I had to drive. But I am going and going to have a great time even if it is another day of no sun. We are like 10 days without a peek of sun. Have a wonderful day and go sit in the sun if you have some.

Comment

Good Sat Morning

we are "waiting" for the big Snow... and waiting and waiting,,, might? start this afternoon.. or????.. we are prepared , neighbor will clean driveway after wards..I have food in the cupboards. and hope,pray the electricity doesn't go off.... ( that takes the furnace ,water pump, and lights out).. that is overcome with little propane heaters, saved gallons of water, to flush with,, but there goes my coffee, and it is hard to read by candle light. ...

Karlin, wonder if the ice bag trick that would make my knees feel better? will have to try it.

Safe traveling Maxie,,, and enjoy your visit.

hi to one and all... be back to read later.

Comment

Good morning.

I woke to dreary gray skies earlier this morning, but now it’s blearly blue skies and supposed to be a sunny day. Again, I didn’t see the bright moon due to overcast conditions. It should be 70° here today, but nights are cold (40’s, going to the 30’s again). However, I’m thinking of those of you today that the storm path will hit. I hope there are no road accidents or power outages. A lot of snow and a lot of really cold weather in that storm’s path. Stay warm and safe.

So, we made no progress here yesterday. I had stomach distress again. E mostly sat with me and we talked a lot.
        Today I think my body has settled again. I wonder if the condition is another side effect of my med? The symptoms are on the list. But for the most part, it makes me feel better, and my thinking is clearer, and for the most part most of me feels normal again. I know the Myelofibrosis Fibrosis will win out in the end, but the med does far more good than not.

Karlin, I will have to give that Ice or cold water treatment a try, to see how it affects me. Thanks.

Maxie, I really enjoy hearing family stories. I have one brother. Over the years we drifted apart, and it wasn’t til our mom died that we had a long talk and found how our mom got between us.
        [Mom created conflicts. He thought I was the Golden Girl he couldn’t live up to, I felt like he was the Only Child because he was the only boy therefore very special. She also got between us and out kids, telling our kids we were horrible parents and don’t listen to us. My brother ended up estranged from all his kids. But she had no real effect between me and mine, as we always lived at least 1,000 miles away from her, and her ways only made my kids dislike her.]. So I like hearing about other families.

Well, this week I’ve not been able to sleep very well, and got 5 hours or less sleep at nights. Am feeling tired much of the time. Not sure what that is about. Can weather conditions cause such a thing? The thermometer seems like a yo-yo at times, and I wonder it it will explode! No, it is a digital thing.

We have seen a few butterflies here this week. White ones. It surprised us. The birds haven’t returned yet. But a lot of construction is going on around us. Businesses being built, many new homes, plus road reconstruction and repairs.... much of it in our immediate area. A lot of precious trees destroyed and land cleared for new communities being built. I see dozens of birds down the road, sitting in “their area” on the telephone wires, or power wires. Just sitting there. No place to go. No trees to move on to. It really hurts my heart. This “progress” is destroying the ecosystems. I haven’t seen bees, or even wasps in our area for a number of years now,

Oh, a new season of Gracie & Frankie (or is it the other way around?) is on Netflix. They are so funny!
        We have trouble getting the local channels to work, and the main one we like (featuring NCIS) keeps disappearing. E is good about trying to put the channels back in place, but that one is areal doozie. Hate starting to see a show, then the pixels jumble up and fall away. Our cable service is terrible...both of those companies are hopeless. But Netflix has a lot of new stuff on this season, so we get our evening entertainment. A few nights ago, we saw an old Hugh Grant movie I hadn’t seen before. E knows the stars I love to see!

So thats my book for today. Why does one blabber on when they feel overall tired?
        You all have a good day/weekend. Stay warm and safe. I care about every one of you. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am going to try the ice bag trick, too! We are going to Sacramento for family today and that might help in sitting so long. We stop at the half way point for a restroom break but I still start to feel my right leg. Last night at my nail appointment my friend told me about her massage therapist who really helped with her shoulder when she fell a couple of weeks ago. I am ready to try it. The therapist worked for a long itme at a physical therapy office and is more than a spa type massage person...anyway, I am working on getting this leg and hip under control.
          '
          Have a good day! We are ready to go!

Comment

Good morning...waiting in the weather..waiting to hear if I have a movie date tonight with my youngest niece.

Comment

Working...
            X