Friday, January 18, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, January 18, 2019

Hey, I saw a full moon again last night. Did I say that DH is improving? What a difference a few days make. He can get around with that cane and I set a chair out on the front porch for him yesterday afternoon so he could catch a few rays. Our FP is very small, but it's uncovered. It got up in the 70's and was just a beautiful day.

I think I'll make a trip to Aldi's today. That's all I have on my list.

Wherever you are in this big country of ours I wish you peace & plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...work today then 2 days off.

Comment

Good Morning! Spitting a bit of snow & ice is melting. Suppose to get a butt load of snow tomorrow...we'll see. I'm kind of looking forward to it. Good excuse to stay home.

Yesterday was sort of OK. I just didn't feel right until late afternoon. I thought I was coming down with something, but I guess not. I got my grocery shopping done in the morning, but took a while to get it all unloaded & put away. In very slow mode.

I'm so so thankful my cell phone appeared. I KNOW I looked on my car seats every time I searched my car, but that's where it appeared. God is a sneaky booger. I did a LOT of praying for it. Hey, if He can handle the piddly stuff, he can surely handle the big stuff too.

My energy finally kicked in around supper time, and I made orange chicken. Oh was it good!...if I should say so myself. Blaise even ate a fair amount. Now I don't put the glaze on his "orange" chicken. Spent the rest of the evening working on homework with him. He has to be the worst writer in the world. The teacher was rather frustrated with him yesterday. He wasn't being disruptive or bad, he just wasn't doing the work. He was reading & drawing.

This morning I'm heading back into town to pick up candy eyes for my groundhog cookies. I think I have to make 22 doz so far. Might start working on them this weekend. I should be doing paperwork, but that bug hasn't bit me yet.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...another morning of no sun but I think they said there was a chance this afternoon.....Finally!!! Then icky weather for tomorrow. My bil's birthday party is tomorrow and Jon is off to drive so I stand a better chance of getting there than driving myself in snow. Still up in the air but I will run out today for a card and look for a gift. Andrew has an early dismissal so maybe I will just meet the bus and start running. Car needs an oil change but with me not having control of the car maintenance is falling behind. Our dealer called to say he has a car for us to look at coming in early next week. I feel confident that he knows what we want and will take care of us....we have dealt with him a lot of years and he has sold this family a lot of cars!

Well, seems I put all my news is one paragraph. Sad when life is so dull and boring. Evidently everyone will be home to eat tonight but I had already planned breakfast. No one complains much about breakfast for supper!

So sad the horror stories of people caught in this shutdown. It is not right to go to work and do your job every darn day and KNOW you are not going to be paid. When government workers need to use a food bank there is something wrong with the mentality of our politicians. That and the fact that they are all above how normal people live. Why are the people in control of this still getting paid? If the Senate wants the wall so darn bad take it from their pension fund like they have robbed Social Security all these years. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Well, think I will call my sister and get her thoughts on tomorrow. Cookie, I am sick of cold and snow and ice and wish we were over it but more predicted for next week. If you enjoy it then good for you cuz it is coming your way!
        Karlinann, glad your hubby is better. I cannot imagine sitting in the sun...I'd get a wet butt because all my chairs are full of snow! Have a wonderful Friday dear people. Hello Beth.
        Last edited by maxie; 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I know the call (nagging) of the paperwork, Donna! I was checking my bank account for deductions and had a good list going until I realized I was writing down items from This month...2019, when I am looking for 2018. I took a different route and went through my amazon orders for the year (you can filter your orders by months or years). Wow! I have a good amount of supplies and food items that are included in my Food and Supplies deductibles. No wonder why Amazon likes me and sent another box of cat food. I have to start on my food and supplies going through my bank statements...I also keep my receipts in case I am ever asked to prove any purchase.
          And thanks for the reassuring words the other day when I was talking about the licensing agent who came. We also have a food agency person who comes once a quarter. She could come at any time, but since I always feed the kids with the right amounts and kinds of food and I am never over my limit in number of children I really don't worry about her visits at all.

No rain right now and the sidewalk looks dry, so none in the last few hours. The river is very high and so are the creeks. Yesterday morning both the interstate (!) and the state highway were closed for high water. I have no idea if cars just had to wait or if there was some detour. I know if Becky was going to Chico for school, she would not have made it.

The corned beef I bought at Walmart is not spiced enough. It had spices in the wrapped meat, but not the extra packet that is usually included in the packages I have bought in the past. It wasn't cheap, either. but very disappointing and I will not buy any form Walmart again.

I read a post from a border Patrol wife yesterday. It really put a face on the shutdown: here is a good family with a dad doing a dangerous job (he has to rescue those who come in by boat and get into dangerous situations as well as on the ground patrol), and Not being paid. they are lucky to have some savings and family support, but so many do not. I am not being political, just so upset over this situation and feeling like there is nothing I can do about it.

I am hoping to see the moon and all the stars tonight. These rain clouds have kept us form seeing some of the great night sky as well as the smoke we had which kept us from seeing the last big moon...whatever it was.

Karlinann, glad DH is getting better! I was watching a yard makeover show last night and thought of all you do in your yard. It made me decide to get some more flowers into my yard this year. coneflowers and more colors and the ones that attract butterflies. I have trees on either side of my yard (neighbor"s) that have trees that really attract the bees,so it doesn't matter much if I plant flowers that attract them. I don't put them in the daycare play yard. I am constantly telling the kids to not touch the plants. I have cala lilies and some roses on the kids' side of the yard, but I can usually stay close enough to the little ones to keep them from picking them.

Beth, enjoy your two days off.
          Donna, so happy you found that phone! And that orange chicken is so good!!!
          I hope everyone who is typing now (maxie, Jo) and all who come later will have a good day!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️

Yesterday started out nice, but the clouds rolled in and we were supposed to have rain in the evening. Not sure if that happened. Couldn’t see the moon.
            E had his EKG....they took 99 pictures plus a contrast. He was amazed at the equipment they have.
            Then he did some shopping....2 stores.....geez, I wish I could have been there. And I’m supposed to be clearing out cupboards! He will get plenty of PBJ sandwiches! I do not like certain jams, and he got some big jars of PB. He has no tastebuds! Honest.

Today is another heavily overcast day. We tossed and turned last night, finally gave up and got up at different times.
            he bought us new pillows. I don’t like mine. Too flat. I took my old memory foam pillow back, and finally fell asleep.
            Anyway, it looks like I will miss the full moon again.

I looked at the weather report. I think we should have a warm weekend. Sunday should be nice for everyone. But the vortex of the Arctic storm has broken, which means next week will be very cold, lots of snow in the Midwest and North Eastern states. The south probably will be feeling some of it, too. And CA as well. Not sure what it means for the SW, it wasn’t too clear. I’d say stock your cupboards before it hits, and be ready for power outages. Plan to stay indoors a lot.

I feel so sorry about all those unpaid workers. There is no good reason for that. The cartoon character we have in the WH says he can “relate”. Yeah, sure, not in a million years. Asked if he was going to restore their paychecks, he just said “”They will adjust. They always do.” That is relating? Even agencies created to give help, will not be able to. They are about out of funds, too. Sorry for the rant, but it’s heavy on my heart.

Today more of the same as we have been doing. I miss the strength I had back in the day. It has been replaced by back aches and arthritic problems. E will try too hard to do his share, but he knows what will cause his chest pains and such.
            eventually it will get done.

DD in WA said she is thinking of coming to visit us at the end of Feb or sometime in Mar. It has been too long. I miss her, she is our “baby” even if she is in her mid 40’s.

Guess I should close. That’s all my news anyway. And I need some tea and breakfast.
            Hope you have a wonderful day. ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I forgot one piece of happy news: my orchid has three open blooms and three big buds!
              not earth shattering but sure brightens my day!
              it was a re-gift from a teacher friend. End of year gift that she e joyed for awhile and then gave to me to keep it alive!

Jo, you and E take it easy.

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                That is big news..I can't get one to live around here. They must like happy little places! Bet it is beautiful..
            Working...
            X