Thursday, January 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 17

Good morning Rounders! It's 35 * here going to 68* today. And there is a full moon. I am looking forward to the Blood Moon on Sunday night.

Here is something to make you smile or laugh out loud, (like I did), from Pun Alley by Dick Frank. ~ The new baby was bawling in his crib as his five-year-old brother stood by. The five-year-old asked his mother as she started to attend to the infant, "Where'd we get him?" His mother said, "He came from heaven." The baby screamed again and the five-year-old said, "I can see why they threw him out!"

DH is already much improved with his OT skills since he has gotten the cane. I moved a sturdy chair into the bedroom close to the shower so he can sit to take off and put on socks, shoes, and clothing. I have to help him with the Boot though. It has a pump that pumps in air when you get it on and releases the air when you take it off. Genius! FYI ~ he is already having Pickle Ball withdrawal symptoms. I shall become very creative in the next 2 months to keep him occupied.

It's back to the standard bowl of oatmeal today. Love the Pumpkin Pecan. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! Warmer this morning, snow is melting but it is foggy. More weather going to move in for the weekend then horrible cold. We have not had any sunshine since last Thursday! That is a along time for gloom!!!!

Went out yesterday and looked at cars. Still looking. She wants her own car and I would like to have mine back. Normal is such a good word. Used to be when you were stuck at home you did not spend any money but not anymore! Now I can find MORE to spend money on while sitting home alone in my chair.

Karlinann so sorry you are going to be coped up with an injured husband. Hope he is a good patient.

Have no idea what to fix for supper tonight. Have to run out and meet Jon at 10:00 to bring him something he forgot this morning so maybe I will have time to run someplace and grab some meat or something.

Another gloomy day...anyone with sun think of us in the midwest. We are turning into mole people!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Bless your heart honey! I'm sending some of this Florida sun your way. Psswwssttt! There now. Definitely don't want you to go that long without the sun. If we wanted that we would live underground, right. Yes, DH is an excellent patient. He is doing so much better.

good morning,,

yes it is me,,, up early today.. and wondering what to do (first)... snow is predicted later in day.. David wants to go for Lunch.. it's become a Thursday ritual for him ....

will get sweeper out again and sweep up the cat hair from the living room carpet. ....
    Waiting and waiting on daug.Karen to drop in and select yarns for next crib size afaghan.. ..the All Yellow one turned out really pretty with the lighter shade of yellow Satan Blanket binding on it.

Karlin, I have known babies like that!!!!... none of mine were big criers.. Mike was a baby who preferred to stay up at night and sleep like a log in the daytime... surprising, he is still the same...... maybe it was being born at 2am. ....

HI to you all.. I enjoy Jan.... it might be cold, snowy.. but it is on it's way toward SPRING... as long as I can stay in and stay warm. January is a good month.. for you who have to get out to work. or shovel snow.. or drive the bad roads.. I understand how you don't like Jan..

take care and be careful.... see you later

ps. Hi Maxie!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning, Maye! I have to keep a lint brush handy because at night our cat sleeps on the back of the sofa. During Christmas I had a big Nordic patterned blanket on the sofa and I think that was what got him started onsitting up there.
      Enjoy your lunch out!

Good morning. ☕️
    Last night (at our bedtime) our youngest daughter called and we all talked for 2 hours! Wow! The girls enjoyed creating e-mail birthday cards for him. He loved it!

E said he had a nice birthday. He enjoyed sleeping in. We ate out (early dinner - or late lunch) and had free pie. The waitress had a good sense of humor and bantered with him a bit. Two ladies of color sitting across the aisle from us and called to him. He went there and they bantered a bit and made him kiss me. Then one insisted on giving him a birthday present of $5. She called me over and we talked a bit, and she insisted on giving me $5 as well. And gave me a great big hug, which I returned in kind. We really don’t need the money, but she would obviously be insulted if we didn’t take it. (It will be passed on to someone who really has a use for it. And if we see the ladies in the diner again, we may just pay for their meals.).

So after that we did go to Target. I got E some comfy pj bottoms and some new socks (they don’t carry the Bombas). Also bought some laundry detergent. I was tiring out, so we headed home, with a stop at the hardware store. I picked up several packets of garden seeds, all lemon flavored cukes. They didn’t have the tomato seeds I wanted....there is a tomato plant that produces cherry tomato sized fruit, but it is several varieties in one plant from regular red, yellow, orange, plus “heirloom” little tomatoes. These will be little gifts for daughters and friends who garden. E picked up a couple small bags of his favorite candies and that made him happy.
    I was too beat after that to grocery shop, so we went home. I must remember to mention to both the special pharmacist and my doctor about this shortness of breath I get....another med side effect.

Today it is currently 42° outside, will hit the 60’s this afternoon, and will surprisingly hit 70° today. Back to the 60’s tomorrow til Sunday which will grace us with 75°! Then after that every day will be in the 60’s again. Mother Nature must be drinking on the job again. Unbelievable.

Today E will go for an EKG. Not sure when he sees the cardiologist again. But he needs to talk to the guy about some other symptoms. This is not going to be just a simple passing thing, and I think he is beginning to realize it. This he inherits from his father. I wonder if it’s what his twin sister is dealing with.

Well, no other news here. If you have clear skies, tonight and tomorrow night hosts meteor showers from the Big Dipper constellation.
    I hope you all have a beautiful Zippity-Do-Da day! ☀️

Last edited by JoGee; 01-17-2019, 10:58 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      What a nice group of people sharing meals and good words! Tell E a belated birthday greeting from me!

I am making corned beef because I want corned beef sandwiches on rye. that is what's for dinner here.

It rained all night and the wind blew and at some time the power went out,but it looks like just for a minute or two. The clocks were not off by much; they were flashing, but not the 12:00 flash they do when the power is out for a long time.
    I woke to a text from a friend who is new to the area in the last year and was stressing about flooding because there is a creek back and down from their house. I texted her to let me know when they are up, but no houses have flooded in her neighborhood while I have lived here. (there is always a first time,I guess.) but they should be fine. Of course, no one thinks to get the free sand bags the city offers (bring your own shovel) until the storm really starts in.

I think all my screens stayed on through the wind. We had gusts up to 60 mph and sustained at 35-40.

another inside day and I may be breaking out the ipad and ABCmouse.com! the kids call it dot com...It means I sit right next to them and I will have to mix it up with activity to keep my hip happy.

Yesterday in the middle of loud music time and indoor fun exercise (aka the kids were acting crazy) I heard the door and opened it: there stood my licensing agent! What a crazy day to have a visit. I just greeted her and gave her my facility binder with all thekids' information in it and started trying to reel them in...then smelled something yucky and had to start diapering three to find the one who really needed it. All the while hearing the two older kids who were not quieting down, and making sure I was doing everything by the State's protocol...Thank Heaven there were no bottles sitting around or sippy cups left around. toddlers do not respect the "put it back" rule! Anyway, all was in order: my smoke alarm and carbon dioxide alarm were working when she tested the,; the fire extinguisher had been checked and tagged; my CPR card was on the front of my binder, and I had my flu shot receipt in the first of the binder along with my Mandated reporter certificate. She said, Oh, nice! You have your certificate...We were told we had to have the course taken and passed by March 31, 2018! Why would she be surprised that I actually did it? It is a very upsetting and kind of depressing course that is new for this year. I hope it is a take it once and be done like the Boy Scouts require and not something you have to repeat like the CPR. The new sleeping regulations for babies is so crazy. The worst part is No Blanket at All in a crib with an infant...I am going to ask some out of state daycare providers if they have all these regs...the parents don't even do what we have to do. I will be buying some blanket sleepers, which so far, no one sells them in stores around here.

Maxie, I shop a lot online and in this weather, I am very happy to have it available.

Sorry for going off on the weather and daycare. I made some tea before I sat sown here and I amready to start sipping it !
    Hope you all have something to warm you up when the air chills you!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Going off on the weather? I do think I have gone off on the weather for months and I am not seeing it doing anything but getting worse...AND I will continue to give you weather reports of my personal misery. As for daycare...I am so glad I am not involved in children other than my own. I do not have the patience for other peoples kids but am very glad others are kind and giving for the sake of those kids. You are a hero!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds to me as if you aced it Chica.

Paula, relax! Do not worry so much. Do not take the inspector’s comments so seriously. You know the rules and obviously keep things in order as much as possible. The inspector probably has some people who are more lax about their daycare....maybe even that was the last one she saw before she showed up. Hot tea is good, and good for you to relax.
    Kids have a lot of energy, and the fact you did not have cups or bottles around is a testament to your teaching the kids good habits. Perhaps a word with the rowdy kids about doing something quieter when a visitor/inspector visits? Because big kids can be thoughtful? Anyway, the inspector should understand how antsy kids can get. Right?

A few days ago I looked at the radar weather map, and you still have storm fronts on the Pacific Ocean to get through. There were 3 at the time, all at once. Rain. Winds. Possibly even snow again. Depends on where the winds take things.

Thank you. I will pass your good wishes on to E.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a dreary cold one here. I NEED SUNSHINE!! Suppose to get lots of snow in the next several days.

FIRST....GOD IS GOOD! I have not been able to find my cell phn. I have searched & searched multiple times in the same places. I've been praying about it. Just got home from Aldi's, picked my purse off the front seat, and there was my cell phn...stone cold & dead. I looked in that car at least 3x. Thank you Lord!

Yesterday was a fairly productive one. Cleaned & organized. Bless my husband's soul, he tries. He's been doing some of the laundry lately & when he brings it up, he just stuffs the pile wherever. I unstuffed all the said places, sorted the piles, and put everything back in order. I also refolded as I went along. I don't complain, because I appreciate the effort. Reorganized Blaise's book shelves also. Cooked a real dinner. Made myself a chuck roast. My middle brother Ray stopped by to give me my birthday card, and I invited him to stay for dinner. Nice. Had a quiet evening.

This morning I headed into town to pick up some groceries. Now to put them all away. Not feeling 100% today. Glad I don't have to take Blaise to karate. Informed Kathy that she wasn't getting Blaise this weekend because I wasn't going to drive in the crappy weather. Found out he doesn't have school on Monday.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Men and laundry! My husband used to wash it then bring it up in a basket and dump it on the bed for me to fold. Finally had to tell him if he found it on a hanger to put it back on a hanger and that saved a lot of folding and ironing for me. But I was grateful he tried. Now if I don;t wash it it doesn't get washed. Funny how that washer and dryer hide and I am the only one to find it. I have lost car keys and found them in the most unlikely places! Glad you found your phone. Tonight I am cooking a junk meal...kielbasi and mac and cheese. I won't touch the stuff but the guys think it is gourmet. This weather seems to be trailing from us to you. We are not very adept as other parts of the country and certainly feel your pain about the sun!!!
    Working...
    X