Wednesday, January 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, January 16

Hey there Rounders, good morning! We finally had to break down and turn the heat on last night before bed. It's 38 degrees going to 61 degrees today. Yesterday was nice and sunny, but that wind was very sharp and it started getting really cold around 2 pm. I don't like winter.

I was hungry for a hot bkfst so I made biscuits, gravy, sausage and butter and Strawberry Preserves, sugar free of course. Wish I could remove the carbs too, but what can you do. I had just a bowl of soup for dinner and that is why I was so hungry. I sure hope my bad cholesterol is under control when I have my blood work drawn before my PCP appt. Last year they wanted to put me on a med to lower it, but I refused to get it filled. I may be in trouble if it's still elevated. I just don't want to end up like so many people taking too many Rx's and not getting any better, not to mention the side effects of said meds. Whooeeee! It's enough to make your head spin. I am the one who needs to take control of my health and be accountable. I know I can do it.

I hope this day brings you peace and plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I have been telling myself that same thing, Karlinann. I can and must take control of my own health. I made sure to not sit as much yesterday and to do stretches and pause the tv...Just walking into the kitchen for water helps.

The garbage truck has come by and the rain is coming down. Ugh. I will have to go out and bring the cans in so will get my hoodie and get it done when I am finished here.

Maxie, Spencer did enjoy the game! A catered BBQ feed and a warm suite made for a good game for my kid! This was a business perk from some group that wants to join with Ciena, so it wasn't even Spencer's budget that was paying for it.

Not much different today with the rain and more wind. I am changing the daycare around a bit and that is giving the kids something to work around. Today I (and they) will change out the art area and that will get everyone interested and involved. Funny how that works: kind of like when we clean out drawers and closets and "find" old stuff that becomes new again. I realized they aren't using the art drawers and it needs to be changed so they "see" it again.

I had soup for dinner, too, and woke up hungry. It will be eggs and bacon here for me and the kids. Nothing like the welcome aroma of bacon to bring them in!

Two friends gave me lemons and that is another sweet smell that makes my day easier.

Becky is taking my mom up to Redding this morning. In the rain. My mother accidently (?) bought a new phone and now has to go to the real AT&T store, not the little one we have here. She does not shop online so I wonder how it happened. My brother who is helping with her finances is the one in FL and he doesn't realize when he says, just take it back, that someone has to take her because she does not drive out of town anymore. I am glad that Becky has the time to do it.

I hope all is going well with your schedules and day! take care!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are people still picking lemons? I mean is there a season? Any lemons we get have spent a lot of time on trucks and in produce bins...not much smell left when we get them home!

Was all ready to sign off and I lost the entire message. Good thing it was short and sweet! Nothing is going on around here. Weather sucks and more predicted with single digit temperatures this weekend. Not much to look forward to...

Hoping those of you who are sick or in pain start to feel better. If anyone has a sunny day go dance in it and think of those of us looking at snow and ice and cold. Have a great day people!!

Comment

Good morning. I lost my 1st post.
      It is sunny and 48°, going to the mid 60's or so. When it hits the 60's I'm sure the winds will keep it cool anyway.

Today E is 82. I won't ask him to do much today. He has already decided his heart monitor is a nuisance, especially at night. And he says it itches. When I tested that kind of monitor for the doctor, I realized that state-of-the-art thing was a nuisance early on. I didn't find itchiness, though. I wrote a couple pages of what I thought about it when I sent it back. E is only proving I was right, but I hear his complaints. Told him to make notes for when he sends it back. I think he goes for an EKG this week.

Today, also, we are going out for a birthday lunch/dinner...our diner will give free pie today. Afterwards we will do some grocery shopping for a few things, and maybe I will get him a small cake. Maybe we can stop at Target first, and see if they have anything he needs. I will also see if they have Bomba socks. Get us each a pair or two to try.

I have have one pair of neuropathy socks.....fabric outside, but rubbery inside. Not sure what they do for neuropathy, but they sure are warm on my feet. I got them from a Sunday paper ad, now I forgot the address. The receipt wasn't in the pkg.
      there was a second pair, but I found the hard way that they are not machine washable when they came out totally wrecked.

We had soup for dinner the other night. Generally it doesn't fill you up as a meal would. But my appetite is dropping.
      However, I had a container of cooked macaroni that I added to the soup when it heated. (If I do chicken soup, I add a lot of veggies and a little rice or pasta as well. Thanks to frozen mixed veggies!!! It is filling!). Otherwise, a grilled cheese sandwich is easy and a good go-with.

We have a trunk of stuff for Goodwill while we are out today..
      Geez, E is sleeping late today. I will give him another half hour to wake on his own. He had a restless night. So did I, but I don't sleep when the sun is up.

Have a great day! ☕️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday to E!

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy B'Day E! And many more!

Good Morning! It's been a messed up one already. There was a 2 hr school delay, and that just kind of messes up my day & rhythm.

Yesterday was OK. Got good news from the Radiologist when she read my breast ultra sound. It was the 2 yr mark & everything looks status quo. My SIL & niece took me out to lunch and a movie for my birthday. We saw Upside...funny movie. Didn't cook dinner. Took Blaise to karate and relaxed the rest of the evening. Got a couple of phn calls with well wishes. Had a nice chat with my youngest brother.

Like I said, this morning just is messed up. I have all but one company contacted & my credit card info switch to the new #. What a pain! I'm waiting for a call back from the last place. It's a donation, and I'm going to cancel it. Our church is in the midst of a big building project, and I could use that money to donate to that.

Took a roast out to thaw & plan to make that for dinner for myself. Will make the guys a different meat. Want to do some pick up, laundry, and then maybe some paperwork before Blaise & Cork get home. That's the plan, but my new book I started might win out.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Did I miss your birthday? Hope it was a good one!

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy belated B'Day Cookielady!!

Belated Happy Birthday from me, too, Cookie.

Ladies, E thanks you for your good wishes, too.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good evening

got engrossed in a good book and read the day away..... well, after I had run my new sweeper in the two big bedrooms... you know, the real sweeping.. move everything setting around and get into the corners......the carpets were full of dust and Cat Hair!!!!!>.. had to empty the sweeper container twice... but will be nice to know I really did a job that will not get done again for a while!... exhausting tho'.....

may have to check into those neuropathy socks. Jo.. thanks for the other information too.

Karlin you just made me hungry for Pancakes!!!... tomorrow's lunch!... with bacon , lots of syrup. yummmm

Maxie , keep sending those wishes for nice winter days... the kind with bare roads.. lots of sunshine.. and very little snow.... the temperature in the 30's and no where to be ( for some appointment)... and I can read, crochet. snooze.. sigh....

better go check D.. I hear him in the kitchen hunting????????. see you tomorrow ,God Willing

Comment

Working...
        X