Tuesday, January 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, January 15

Well good morning Rounders! My leg hurt a long time after going to bed and I suppose it was from the good workout it got yesterday. I still woke up before 3 am and I'm happy to say my leg is better.

DH had a difficult night and has had bkfst and gone back to bed and is snoring! I'm going to the thrift store to look for a cane when it opens. Wouldn't it be awesome to find a Hurry Cane?

Aunt Maye that is essentially the amount of time they told DH he would be wearing the boot. I'm praying for strength in my leg so that I'll be able to drive and take him to appts., Day Surgery, do our grocery shopping, etc.

I am keeping close by and fetching things for DH because I don't want him to fall.

Have a great day everyone. Beth can't you retire yet? I remember how I hated going to work that last job I had. I feel the pain.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Hello Hello Hello! I am back!! Lost my internet Saturday and just got it back up last night. I am behind in reading here but have no time this morning. I have my semi annual with the Dermatologist this morning and Sierra has another follow up with the doctor on her hand and somewhere in between there I have a haircut. Sierra's appointment was added last minute so am guessing if time becomes a factor I will not be getting a haircut.

Be back later to catch up...just wanted to check in.

Comment

Good morning. No Karliann I have lots of years of work left in me I am the baby of the board.

I finally got to talk to my granny last night. She sounded really good. She doesn’t hate where she is just liked being more independent.

after talking to granny I went be bed at 7 and asleep by 930. I still feel tired and my feet are hurting bad.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you have to stand on concrete floors all day. What kind of shoes do you wear to work? I can highly recommend the Skecher's Elite. I have owned a pair for several years and don't know what I would do without them. J.C. Penney's is where I bought them.

Sketchers for shoes and Bombas for socks! I received some for Christmas (the socks) and love them. I gave some to Stuart and will be getting some more for myself. My brother who gave them to me said that is all his wife (who works at Disney World) wears.

I was thinking of how to rearrange the daycare for better placement of a crib and for changing where kids sleep and got up this morning and started in. I took out an area rug that was showing its age and then had to sweep and sweep under it: the dirt that sifts down through them is awful. I will be moving rugs much more often. I have taken out two now and am thinking about the third!

I realized after reading your information Karlinann, that I have been siting more than usually do and will make a better effort to move around more. At night I tend to sit and watch tv or read.

We have high chance of rain all day. It isn't raining right now, but the ground is wet and the forecast is for rain and wind. the wind is what keeps us inside and not able to play on the covered patio. I totally forgot I wanted to go to HOme Depot and get some of that plastic fencing to keep the toddlers on the patio...but today will not be an outside day.
      Tents and lots of moving activities to keep the energy from going the wrong way.

I am still in need of doing my hair and a little makeup.
      Beth, do they have the gel mats for you to stand on at work? I bought one for the area in front of the stove where we bake and mix and it sure is nice. But shoes are the most important part of your "uniform" when you are on your feet a lot!

Have a good day. Hope your husband is able to rest and let his body heal,karlinann. and I bet you will find a good cane. Each of our thrift shops has a lot of them in the back and when people ask, they take them to see them. Too many to keep on the floor. And I would ask on FAcebook if you don't find what you are looking for. I keep a wheelchair and a walker to loan when friends need them.

Everybody: have a good day and take care of yourself!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
        ☕️
        My stomach bug returned for a few hours yesterday. Today I feel past it again, so it will be a good day.
        Yesterday I accomplished nothing. Today I will be busier.
        yes, Karlinann, I do have a “grabber”, but a broom handle will be better if I can get on the floor, due to the size and shapes and weight of some of the stuff that got pushed back in the lower cupboards.

I am glad to see you back, Maxie. I was starting to worry about you.

Beth, standing on your feet all day can be tough. Shoes like Sketchers is a good start for relief. There are two other things that can also help. Dr School’s shoe inserts are supposed to be good....make sure you get the ones for your problem.
        What my doctor recommends is mild support stockings. You can find knee-high, thigh high, or full pantyhose styles. I have worn the knee high often, but for all-day work I liked the pantyhose style.

Well, nothing exciting happening here. Today is our trash pickup day. The last couple of weeks E has accused me of the bags weighing 150 lbs. (What does he expect!). Trouble is, I have to remember he gets heart pain now from low reaching, or heavy lifting. I am used to counting on his strength. He is wearing a heart monitor this month. So I’d better find another solution for my heavier discards.

Well, back to the old grind!
        i hope you all have a wonderful day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, I think we were typing together again.
          Those Bomba socks are well worth the cost, then? I wonder if Costco’s price might be a bit cheaper?

I found that all of my sport socks shrink in the wash and get too tight for comfort, especially since my feet will swell. I have taken E’s darker sport socks and they are better. Great, I wear men’s socks. Mrs. Bigfeet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Guess what? We have a medical supply closet right here in our community that lets you borrow whatever you need and you can keep it as long as you need it. I had forgotten about that until DH saw it in our newsletter this morning. I called the guy and he said some lady dropped off 2 canes yesterday. I went up and got one of them and it's perfect for DH. I'm so glad he saw that ad before I went to the thrift shop.

Paula, when you watch tv just get up and walk around the house for 3 minutes during the commercials. You will be amazed how it helps take that pressure off your hips. That will alleviate the sitting too long problem and perhaps prevent a sudden flare up.

Beth, take the advice that JoGee gave you on the support hose. Almost all the nurse's wear them and they are so good for your legs.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

do they have Bombas at Costco? My 3 pair have been washed and still
              feel good on my feet. When I wore boots the other day I wore them and it helped my fashion boots feel as good as they looked!

Comment

I did see the Bomba Socks at our COSTCO. It is worth a look in case yours does.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We are back from our running. Dermatologist got me in early since it was doing a bit of freezing drizzle this morning people were running late. Only found 2 pre cancers this morning but one is one my lip. That is going to be as pretty as the one he took from my nose last time I was in. Called my hair girl and she got me in an hour early so I am freshly cut and my old beautiful self again. Sierra got in early for her appointment but then we waited forever at the hospital for the x rays so that threw off the morning but was also our last stop. She is getting ready for work now.

We will be looking for a new car as soon as the weather clears a bit. More nasty stuff predicted for tomorrow and again this weekend. We are not used to winter weather anymore. My grand kids have no idea the snow that we used to have. There was an older gentlemen getting his hair cut this morning and we reminiscenced about the old winters. Shoveling snow
                  was a part of winter but now these 10 inch snows are a novelty and people cannot drive in them. I'm waiting for sunshine!

Paula did your son like the hockey game? Wahoo...I did! Watching from a suite is wonderful. Sierra and I saw a playoff game from a suite and it is living the good life!! Much warmer than sitting on the ice too!

Andrew did not have school yesterday so today I am back to cooking. Pork chops and whatever I can find to go with them.

I saw bomba socks advertised and wondered if they were really special...maybe I'll give them a try. Hope to do some catch up reading. Being without internet was almost a crisis around here....I needed to order more coffee! Tv was out until Saturday night and I like having all the conveniences. Spoiled much? You betcha!

Comment

Working...
                  X