Sunday, January 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 13

Morning all Rounders! I am still hacking, but that is part of the healing process.

DH hurt his foot playing Pickleball so I asked him to not play for a few days/week so he can heal. Hey, I made a pun, heal/heel.

I asked my doc about the Handicap Parking placard and he told me you have to get the form at the Driver's License office. It's a misdemeanor and he has to sign that you are telling him you are unable to walk/drive for any distance. Well, I am not that bad yet so I will bench that task until I absolutely have to have it. Hopefully nothing happens to DH that he would be unable to drive. My leg is better and who knows if I'll regain the full use of it. We can pray!

Some of those tv commercials are getting ridiculous. I hope I win the PCH sweepstakes so I get afford TIVO! LOL!

We are having hot roast beef sandwiches and homemade coleslaw for dinner. I walked around the yard yesterday afternoon and none of my plants were killed by the frost yet except for the Canna Lily's, but they got bitten early. They always come back. I checked the big Tea Tree Olive bush and it looks fine. The transplant shocked it, but it's ok. Also, the Camellia branches that I stuck in the ground may be growing too. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I've bored you enough. Peace out.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning back to work today

Comment

Good morning.
      What a surprise I had this morning. ☔️. Mother Nature changed the rain forecast from 10% to 60% sometime in the very early morning hours. I went to get the newspaper, and it’s still dark outside.....but everything is so wet, and the curbsides of the road are flooded (only underneath our car in the driveway is the ground dry!). Well, we certainly do need the rain. I noticed the weather report has 50% chances of rain on Tuesday and Friday, with only 10% chance in between.
      It would be nice if Wednesday stays dry. We are thinking of going out to lunch or dinner, and we get free pie that day. It is E’s 82nd birthday. He doesn’t look it, though. Where does the time go?

Nothing much new is going on here. I’ve been sorting through my baking stuff. I’m giving Goodwill a lot of it. Some to my girls. I’m trying to keep only a minimal amount of it. I was surprised to find a Star of David bread pan; it’s going to the granddaughter who married a Russian-Jewish guy. Definitely! The wedding cake pans go to a daughter who still has a couple more unmarried girls. I already gave her the cake stand that creates “floating tiers”, so no messing with sticks to keep tiers from sinking into the lower ones. She has a touch for easily making things look more elaborate. the daughter who eloped on New Year’s is supposed to have a family reception later in the year when the weather is nice again.

Karlinann, we were watching TV and E pointed out how beautifully landscaped the movie sets were. Lush...very!!!
      I could have wrung his neck. I did well with base housing we have lived in. Even when we retired from service to Phx, I kept up a good yard. I didn’t do badly in SV or here, although I had severe health problems since Phx. But here in Tucson there’s not much in the ways of lawns, unless you pay a fortune. So many plants do not take to a caliche (hard clay) ground. We do have trees planted. I had large pots of flowers, but flowers didn’t last or come back, so I used artificial plants these last several years. I don’t want cactus. Since my Cancer bout, I have been unable to landscape, and don’t have the strength for it any more. He has never had to do the yardwork, growing up in a rural area with woods around him. Nature did it all there. Oh well. The place we choose to stay when we leave here, it will have nice grounds to stroll through. Maybe have a chance to see how much work the caretakers put into it. Maybe he will appreciate the work I had done inside and outside of the homes we had lived in.
      But your plants sound just wonderful. Would love to stroll through your yard some time. But fat chance of traveling anymore. Sharons yard sounds amazing as well.

Well, I finished my cereal. The plastic newspaper bag is dry, so I can open it now and see what in the world is going on.
      have a hood day everyone! ☕️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there a link to see the place you chose?

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, JoG you are so sweet to say that, but my yard will not be up to par for a few more years. I am slowly building the sandpit into sustainable soil for growing things and it will take time for my little shrubs, bushes, etc., to fill out and look amazing. In other words it will have great bones no matter what time of year. I hope you both like your new home.

Well, it is Sunday and it will be a busy one. I am going to a different service today than Becky. I am in a presidency that is over the children's program in our church area and we are going to Corning (18 miles south) to have church with them and see their Primary group. (children's program) Then this evening we have a presentation for the 11 year olds. That is why I went to Costco and bought two cakes. All the 11 year olds and their parents and church leaders, although I doubt everyone will be there, but you want to have enough in case they do all show up!
      That presentation will be in Anderson (18 miles north of me), so between the time I get home from Corning and the time I need to be in Anderson to help decorate and get everything set up there will not be a lot of time at home. I already have a lunch ready...Becky is making a hamburger soup she found on Pinterest and that will be good for whenever I get home.

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Blue sky and we could see all the way to Mt. Shasta. I can't remember the last time we had clear skies with all the smoke and then clouds, but I am pretty sure I mentioned it here. So quite awhile back. When you are used to seeing the two mountains we use as directions (Shasta to the north and Lassen to the east), and then you don't see them for months...well, it just makes things seem a bit off.

I heard an ad for the Cancer center store yesterday and something finally clicked with me. I am going to call them and see what items they accept and then Becky can take things the next time she goes to Chico. She will be going sometime soon to get her Honors certificate and medallion.
      And thank you for the kind words; I read your messages to her and she said a big Tell them thank you!

I have a niece who makes quilts from tee shirts and I am asking my sons and others who have one to donate for a quilt for Becky. We have a few from school but are not ones who hold onto things we can donate...I do have one from Chico State U and one from Disneyland but I am hoping to get one form DC from Spencer and something from Portland or the Columbia gorge from Stuart.

Ok, I am off to gather my purse and phone and get myself a bit more together. It may rain here but that is the least of my worries today. those two big cakes and the decorations I need to take later are on my mind...I want to find a way to secure the cakes so they don't slide around the back. they are too big to be on the seat and yesterday I had other things to keep them steady. Another reason I need to slow down!

Jo, you sound like you are chugging right along with the donating and downsizing. I am doing one shelf at a time and slowly making some space appear and getting things sorted and taken care of. Just too much and not being used.

Karlinann, the camellias around here are all covered with buds and and next month the almond trees will be blooming. February starts me thinking Spring but it isn't until March that we get the real thing.

Take care and have a great day. to all of you: I appreciate this board so much!!!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Here they are in full bloom and we also get spring in March, but we can have a killing frost even after spring starts. The snowbirds always wait until after Easter before going back north to their summer homes. Wouldn't it be nice to have a summer home by a lake.

Hey! Wonder if Maxie got snowed in? We got some of that snow, but only 2.5" of it. A friend at church drove home from a baby shower that was down in Virginia yesterday. Driving home she said the roads in VA were HORRIBLE and there was very little traffic on the roads. Life stops down there when it snows. They don't have the equipment to handle it....boo hoo...feel sorry for us. They have been getting snow for years & I'm tired for feeling sorry for them. Buy the equipment and deal with it. As soon as they crossed into WV then PA, the roads were just wet and they saw State trucks all along the way dealing with it.

Yesterday wasn't super productive at all. Did bake an apple pie for someone first thing in the morning. Took Blaise to karate then onto get our hair cut. He looks so handsome & grown up with his short style. His bf's Dad came & picked him up around 3pm, and didn't bring him home until 8:45pm....nice break.

This morning was church & SS. Took Blaise down to Kathy's for the afternoon. Hey...we made FB with one of her whoa is me comments because we didn't walk up to the door with him. Blaise didn't want me to come along, so we just waved and left. Whatever. We don't care about her. Yea, that's why her Dad has worked 2 weeks fixing everything on her car, and I took 2 containers of soup down to her earlier last week. Such terrible parents we are. She is gracing us with her presents at my brother's. We are having pizza & cake to celebrate my birthday, then playing cards. She hasn't remembered my BD is years. Sorry....I'm ranting. I just HATE her airing her "stuff" on FB for everyone to comment & defend her & feel sorry for her.

My goal this afternoon is to bake 4 carrot cakes for the freezer and Corky's food for the week.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Oh Boy.!!!
        I am late..AWOL...
        I been working on some pillows...I am going applique...I found old patterns ..I thought i could do some..Vintage...I hope pretty soon..I hope i will go on Etsy..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, sassy, I think applique is beautiful but oh, so hard! I hope you tellus your etsy name so we can all see your work!

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A...thank-you...It is not that hard...I sure will.

Hi Sassy! You are one crafty, busy, gal. It is good to see you posting.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello JoGee..thank-you..
      Working...
      X