Monday, January 07, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, January 07, 2019

I ended up making spaghetti meatballs for dinner last evening. DH likes big meatballs so I made them big. I baked them in the oven and they turned out perfect. We have plenty leftover for 3 or 4 more meals for each of us. I froze all but 4. Let me just say that I have not made homemade meatballs for many years. Our house smelled wonderful for hours after dinner.

Yesterday I added 3 more boxes of salt to that stump. It's working, but I want it to work faster.

I took Mucinex and Dramamine together before going to bed and I won't do that again. Boy was I drugged up. I don't like to feel that way, but I got 11 hours of sleep. Yep! Told you that med knocked me for a loop. Never again! But the good news is that I feel better this morning, refreshed even. I think the stuff has settled in my chest though. Hope not.

There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. ~ Alexander Hamilton
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's a dreary one here & sleeting. Yesterday we had sunshine....yea!

It wasn't a super productive weekend, but it was good. I started working on the box of eyeglasses Sandy brought me. I beg off doing it during my baking season(s), but I try to make up for it during the winter months. My Mom was here yesterday & spotted the reading glasses. Found a couple pair for her to try. She in turn is going to donate some of her old glasses....kind of a trade. Win...win!

Played cards last night for the first time in a month. Took off December from our Sunday evening card night. We went to my SIL's Mom's house last night.

Well we got a phn call/msg from the school district already this morning. Apparently a student was arrested for a threat to the school district, so the schools are on modified lockdown for the day. No visitors permitted in the schools.

I'm HOPING to get something accomplished today. A little cleaning, a little bill paying, some eyeglasses done, mix up some cookie dough....dinner & karate tonight. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...waiting to see if I am working out this morning. If not I will start my day slowly. This afternoon or at some point I have to go out and get all the stuff to teach my class tomorrow evening. The class I am teaching is a wrap making class.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to sit in on your class!

Loving the patriotic quotes! I went back to making my own meatballs when I moved in here with the kids. I had gone back to just making meat sauce but the kids kept asking for meatballs. When I bought a bag they were horrible so I went back to the good ole days when the boys were little and I actually did cook. Always make up 5# and freeze them. We had spaghetti and meatballs this weekend too!

Today we are going to the dentist. Sierra's teeth have been sensitive to the heat and cold and Jon called the dentist again and they are getting her in today. This is on the side she had that big jaw bruise. She has been headache free since Friday so we are on the mend.

Yesterday she ask to go to Kohl's so off we went. I had bought her a pair of Nikes for Christmas but they did not fit. Depending on the shoe style she is a 6 or 6 1/2 so she sometimes has a problem with fit. Anyway we shopped at Kohl's and then ran into Bath and Body. Her bottle of spray was broken in her car and now she can't find it in the store so I will have to make an order. Hate to order just one bottle of body spray that is seasonal. But I am sure once I get on line I can find a few other smellies to buy...always do! This online ordering is just getting to darn easy!!

We had a very nice weekend and the weather has been unseasonably warm. No sun yesterday but no rain...suppose to rain today and this will be out last warm day. Need to come up with a bday gift for my BIL's surprise party on the 19th. I won't get him a gag gift but he is one of those who will wear those wild printed Hawaiian style shirts so think I will start looking for one of those. This guy has been so good to me through the years.

Well, gotta get my shower and start the day. Dentist is back home so have a drive. I would plan on lunch but that may not be a good thing after a dentist visit. Gonna rain here today and we are so muddy already but it is suppose to freeze mid week so that will take care of the mud. Have a great Monday.....

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        If I can't find a seasonal item in their online store I check out ebay...

Good morning and it is back to our regular routine, almost. Two school kids because the teachers have inservice, but everyone will be here at the normal times. That is what makes it my regular routine. I have to be in the daycare with lights and food ready by 7:15.

Maye, I like your spending the vacation money on dining out!
      Yesterday at church Becky was asking for some meals to be taken in to a woman who had just go tout of the hospital.. She saw three ladies who always sit together, all widows, and approached them.. When she asked, she said, they all smiled and just said, We don't cook!
      It was so funny when Becky retold me, with the inflections she used. Like they were surprised she thought they cooked! One said she could if she could just bring something she bought at Walmart. Absolutely! A deli sandwich and pint of the soup is my idea of a good meal.

Speaking of: our neighbors down the street called and asked if I wanted clam chowder. Oh, yes! He said come on down and met me at the driveway and handed me a large quart of clam chowder and a bag with hot corn muffins and four chocolate chip cookies! It did cross my mind that I should take it to that woman at church, but Becky assured me she had food coming in for the next 4 days...
      It was raining all day and the wind was and still is blowing, so soup was a good comfort food for the day.

Saturday, not sur eif I said this yesterday, I drove a friend up to REdding to take her dog to the only emergency weekend vet in our area. He was getting sick and her car was being used. The rain was horrible. I was kind of white knuckling it as I drove, but kept my speed down to 65 most of the time and thought of all the driving maxie has been doing in worse weather.

I hope you all have a great start to the week. My first 5 day week in awhile and I am going to pace myself. Indoor weeks are not fun unless I can think of something. Making snowflakes is on the plan...

Take care and keep your head up!

Comment

Good morning ☕️, Everyone.
        Yesterday was wet, dreary, and uneventful. And I wasn’t feeling good all afternoon. Nonetheless I did 2 loads of laundry. I feel like I have a cold, runny nose and all. Then one side of my neck and that shoulder began to hurt. The pain also eventually dropped down to my lower rib. I ended up asking E for a non-aspirin pain reliever, so he knew for sure I felt rotten. I went to bed early with a sleep aid. I had almost 9 hours of sleep! Must have needed it.
        E thinks the street behind our block fence keeps either of us from sleeping well. It’s almost a main road now. Trucks have to use it as a detour from the road construction that has been going on all around us. Those big trucks and motorcycles are not quiet vehicles. So consciously I can ignore them, but the subconscious mind hears it almost constantly. My conscious mind tells me street noise shouldn’t be so bad, since I grew up across the street from a railroad that had a good number of trains (transporting people, but also loaded cars for business deliveries).

I do not have to be at the Cancer Center as early as I thought. Labs are just before 11 a.m., and doctor at 1 p.m. I was very picky about having a full hour for lab work to get to the doc. The receptionist insisted that the results are returned in half an hour, and I told her that only PART of them get to my doctor on time. The white count and platelets take twice the time, so she seldom gets a complete reading at my appointments any more. Well, anyway, she was pretty nice about it. Last month I had a heck of a time finding the new port draw lab, being told it was at a certain Pavillion, which told me it was “up front”; nobody described it as between those two points, and unmarked at that! I was shaken and near tears, so I guess she took pity on me. The regular nurses were especially understanding. So I’m hoping it goes better today.
        i also need to stop by the pharmacy at the main hospital, as they have not called about my prescription, and I’m on my last pill today. As it is, we might just have dinner out if my exam takes any time. We also need to bring up our moving plans at this point. And E wants to get a paper copy of our medical record, maybe not today though because we expect it to be a day-long job.

It will be an unproductive day at home today.
        today should be 63 and sunny. Tomorrow begins 3 days of the low 70’s which will be welcome. Then back to the mid-low 60’s again. At least we get a bit of reprieve. (Is shivering ever considered an exercise?)

i hope you all all have a wonderful day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Ok, back from the dentist and the dollar store and getting gas and the grocery store. The dentist coated her teeth with something and would like to see if he diesn't have to grind them down. They will not be level with the rest of her teeth and then he would have to fill the worst one. Looks like we are waiting to see but she has had them looked at.

Paula I have never shopped ebay. I have also not gone on line to check out bath and body. Somehow her smelling good is not as important to me as it is to her. JoGee hope your test turn out all ok without much hassle. Tonight we are having tuna casserole. I do not like it much and Andrew hates it so this is the perfect night. The other two gobble it...go figure different tastes in a family.

So now I am off to take a coffee break and relax then makes beds and finish laundry. Sierra picked out ice cream but she can't eat for a few more hours and it is killing me knowing it is there and I cannot eat it. Mommy dearest called while we were running around and ask who she was with...me! we a joined at the hip. I take her everywhere and eat when she is hungry. Lots of togetherness around here..

Comment

We like tuna casserole. In fact I have some leftover tuna casserole to reheat for tonight.
            Thanks, Maxie....my tests came out really well. I don’t need a redo for 6 weeks. Then we can talk about this weight gain.
            Its part of the “magic meds” I am taking....side effect.
            We talked about our intention to move when we get our house sorted —- more emptied.
            But when we are ready, she has a couple of very good referrals for me.
            E needs to see a heart doctor soon for the SVT he’s getting. His PCP left him a message this morning that the referral has been given, and they should be giving him a call soon.
            Between the both of us, this moving will be going slowwwwww.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X