Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 31st, New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve Rounders!
    Now don't go making any resolutions that are impossible to keep. Been there and done that a time or two. Now I just aspire to do one thing better than the year before and that works for me. I will strive to be less impatient cuz that is my worst character flaw.

Remember how I wrote that it is warm here in the daytime in the 80's. Well, let me change that to hot!!! We went to Aldi's yesterday and when we came out it was so hot that we had to turn the A/C on in the car. The temp in the car said 75, but it felt hotter to me. I know all my flowers will pop up this week, but that is ok. They are the kind that do okay even if it turns cold again.

I know I will not be awake tonight when Anderson Cooper and that other guy host the NYE special, but I hope all of you Rounder's have a fun filled evening. I'm sure some folks around here will be shooting off fireworks, but I sure hope that person who had the music blasting on Dec 15 is not at it again. I found out from one of my neighbors that he heard it too and walked around the neighborhood trying to figure out where it was coming from. He didn't figure it out, but we both know it was not coming from the clubhouse. There was no scheduled party for that night. It sounded like a live band, but it had to be a loud stereo or music system.

Cheers!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning....I got home yesterday around 3 boy am I glad to be home! I really enjoyed my visit with my parents but I am glad to be home in my own space with Coriander. She was equally glad to see me.

Please pray for my mom and granny. So yesterday after we got back to Saint Charles my mom got a call from her brother...My granny's Oxygen Concentrator had quit working in the night..instead of getting granny onto her back up Oxygen the staff just shut it off...No one seems to know how long granny was with out her Oxygen...Mom will calling today and having a big ugly fit at someone...Granny could have died...There is also a chance that the assisted living will be getting hotlined or reported. It all depends on what my mom finds out...if it was me then they would already have been turned in. Then not even an hour later mom got a call that granny had fallen. She was making her bed and lost her balance. We are not sure why she was making her bed. The people were she lives are supposed to do that for her.

Today a major purge and cleaning of my room closestes and dresser.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG! Doe's the facility have cameras? You are correct, your granny could have died. I think I would be checking into that situation. Assisted Living is not cheap and the family members should at least have peace of mind. Sorry Beth and hope it all works out.

Good morning ☕️ to all.
    Another year about to bite the dust. Let’s hope for an end to the worst of it, and only better things to come. With that said, I hope reality is with me on that. Resolutions? Just to stay on the track of being the best person that I can be.
    Karlinann, I am hoping for a peaceful, restful evening too.

No plans for tonight. Would prefer to stay off the roads today. Out of the way whose Holiday partying constantly from Christmas til tomorrow. I am betting the people across the road whose fence (and house?) were damaged won’t be able to get repairs done any time soon. We have seen more crosses put alongside roads that are reminders of family they have lost. Don’t mean to sound glum here, but it is a reality.

This morning looks dreary with clouds and 20% chance of rain. But is supposed to get to 57° today (heat wave). Same weather for tomorrow, but it will be only 47°. Brrrrr. The nights will drop down in the 20°’s again. Staying warm is a priority.

Well, not much to write about today. Nothing new is happening.
    Have a fun and safe New Years Eve.

———————
    Sorry to hear about your Granny, Beth. I hope they straighten things out quickly and properly.
    Last edited by JoGee; 12-31-2018, 09:40 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a dreary one here. Yesterday was sunny but very cold.

Yesterday was good. After church & SS, Blaise & I went to Giant Eagle to get the pork for tomorrow's meal. I was wanting the pork butt roast because that makes the best pork & sauerkraut. Right beside it was whole pork loins for $.87/lb and a well marbled one just sitting there calling my name for $14. I should have had the slice it into pork chops, but I didn't know they'd do that, which the cashier told me they would have for free. I brought it home and did it myself. Some I made thin, but 7 I made very thick so Mom can make us stuffed pork chops some Sunday when we play cards. Also left some of it into roasts. Had pork chops for dinner.

Aunt P stopped by for a visit & we exchanged gifts. Lots of phn calls too. There is this elderly lady who calls our number quite often & it's a wrong #. She told me the # she's calling the other day, and it's ours. Obviously whoever it is changed their #. I try to be patient, but sometimes, it's a bit frustrating when I've stopped doing something to answer the phn. Watch the Steelers w/Cork and even though they won, they aren't going to be in the play offs. DANG! I finally finished the book I've been working on for months now.

This morning I've already mopped the sticky kitchen floor & iced a carrot cake for a customer. I think I've got all orders filled then. I've got to make my list of what I need to make for tomorrow's dinner at my brother's. Not sure what else the day will bring. I might start working on the Thank You letter for my customers and input their orders into the computer too. I'll print off the orders, cut them apart, and then attach their order to the letter. I then give them an incentive to order early. The same few do it. I wished more would do it. I'm not asking them to get their cookies immediately, and they can change it later. It would just give me a good idea what I need to make next year.

Yesterday I told Blaise he could pick something for his New Years Eve "celebration" and he picked Chef Boyardee ravioli, and I picked the ingredients to make spinach dip and a loaf of pumpernickel bread. YUM! Invited Becca down, but don't know if she's going to come or not. A friend invited her down to her place in Pittsburgh.

Sorry to hear about your Granny, Bethina. The Lord must still have plans for her! Karliann….I remember watching NY Rock, and swooning over KC & the Sunshine Band. Oh those were the days,

Have a fun & safe day!

Comment

Morning and a rainy morning at that! Cannot believe this is the last day of the year but to start a new year is nice. No resolutions for me..they never make it through the first day! Pathetic I know. I also, would like to be a more patient and considerate person. Maybe a little less my way or the highway type of person although going down my highway is the quickest, easiest and much better way. Ya know?

Going to take the tree down today. Maybe make a pot of soup. I do know I will not be out celebrating the new year or even up when it is rung in. I also know it will take me 6 months to remember to write 2019!

Karlinann, hope you have a quiet night. Beth, what a terrible experience with your grandmother. Hope she is ok.

Have a wonderful New Year each and every one of you special people.

Comment

It is cold out but sunny and a little windy. I can leave the wind in 2018, if that is possible.
          Today we have a list of errands that include visiting a friend in the hospital, taking craft materials to a widow, buying that tub at HOme Depot (finally!) and taking books to the library for their book sale. they are all children's books I was given and these are the ones I don't want to keep. The widow lost her husband a few months ago...they had moved up here to be closer to family. My daughter went ot visit her a couple of weeks ago because she had had surgery and said her house was really cold. Then I heard her saying at church that her power bill had been 400.00!!! And she has a little house, so I am hoping we can convince her to have the power company check thngs out. Something is very off if she is cold and her bill is that high.

Bethina, I hope your mom gets answers about your granny. We all know that not getting the O2 she needs can be life threatening and have awful results when the brain does not get enough.

We have already been hearing a few fireworks in the evening and a friend said she heard such a loud bang (thought it was an explosion!) in her neighborhood that she called the police. I wonder where they buy something that loud? We stay in and try to keep the dogs quiet. They are so afraid of the fireworks and the occasional gun shot!!! ugh.
          I watch Anderson Cooper and
          the other guy" (Andy Cohen) on the EST zone. I see the ball come down and I am good. The noise around the neighborhood doesn't allow for sound sleeping but we try.
          Tomorrow is the Tournament of Roses Parade. Every year I say, Next year I am going to go there...just to see those floats and afterward you can go see them up close as they park them for the public to come. But, the TV will have to do. Iwatch on HGTV so no commercials.

I am taking my mother to lunch today. I think she is somewhat depressed form her cousin's death. Becky set her tree up for her but she never decorated it beyond the candy canes and Nativity ornament I bought her. She did not put out all her Nativity sets. One day I asked her if she wanted me to come over and help decorate the tree and she jus tsaid, No, I'm good...that was all by text, so I didn't notice that she wasn't doing it until the weekend when I went back. I want to mention it to my brothers but not make more of it than it is, ya know? Nothing they can do, other than keep in touch, which they both do. I am the one in the same town, so they pretty much do not worry...

I usually make a really yummy but very carb heavy pot of my friend's version of Hoppin' John. rice, tomato sauce, bacon, kielbasa, black eyed peas...If I ahd a house full like I used to I would be in the kitchen right now. But, I will be lookin gfor a slightly healthier, (only slightly, it is a holiday) New Year's meal. That pork roast and sauerkraut sounds good, Donna! And I need to go to the store for milk...

My day is waiting and the work is not doing itself. If you find a way to get that accomplished, please let us all know.

Have a great day and ring a few bells!

Comment

Arrrrrrg! I sent off my son’s birthday check. I wrote 2018 on it, even though I wrote 2019 on my check register. My first (and hopefully last) bad check for the new year! Oh well....I guess they get a lot of those in January and hope they will ignore it!
            Thanks, maxi.
            Last edited by JoGee; 12-31-2018, 12:45 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• karlinann
              karlinann commented
              Editing a comment
              JoGee, you wrote the check in 2018 so wouldn't that be correct? Oh, I bet you wrote a January date. My bad!
              Last edited by karlinann; 12-31-2018, 01:55 PM.

Karlinann, I date the check on their birthdays.
            If I have a big batch to send out, I date them the first of the month, an note the date on the front of the envelope where the stamp will go when I mail them. Either way, it’s on the month of their birthday.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

could he write the 9 over the 8 and just put your initials or whatever you do when you correct a check you have written?

Comment

Nope. If the bank sees a write-over on a check, they won’t cash it. Plus our pens would be different....I get one particular brand that he is very unlikely to have, and mine is particular to prevent check altering.
                I think at this time of year the banks understand the error; anything else that looks questionable, they will call me.
                Once they have even asked me about my handwriting, and I described certain letters and numbers. Then they cashed the check.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X