Sunday, December 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 30

Two more days and then we will be writing 2019. We've come a long way baby!

We had hot roast beef sandwiches for dinner and it was so good. I usually don't eat any kind of leftover meat, but I was so hungry from not eating the night before that I relished that sandwich. DH could not believe it.

Here are a pun from Pun Alley to brighten your day and make you laugh: Blooming Idiot ~ While attending a marriage encounter weekend, a man and his wife listened to the instructor declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other." "Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?" The husband leaned over and whispered to his wife, "Pillsbury All-Purpose, isn't it?"
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! The sun came out yesterday but it never warmed up. Have not heard any weather for today but looking out it is not very merry and bright. Our last celebration of the season was wonderful. A house full of people and food and happy kiddos running. Lots of holiday spirits flowing...not me, I was the driver designated to get myself home! And there was a lot of traffic so assuming lots of people had lots of places to be yesterday. Now it is doubtful I leave the house again until next year. The last Christmas cookie is about to go into my mouth so I have officially ended the season...

Today the plan is laundry and cleaning the kitchen. For people who have lived mainly on a diet of cookies and zuchinni noodles we sure made a lot of dirty dishes and filled the dishwasher and the sink. I am thinking as nice as the holidays are it is nice to be back to normal. Tree will come down tomorrow since Jon is off to haul boxes. The rest of the Christmas pretties I can dispose of myself at my leisure. Andrew is still out of school until the end of next week. AND no, I am not looking forward to cooking again even if it is back to normal.

Karlinann, loved the pun...how very true!

Well, the quicker I get the day and chores started the faster I will finish up and be able to relax. Have a wonderful last Sunday of the year everyone!!

Comment

It is a nice Sunday morning starting here. I woke up early and already have my hair half way done: washed, dried and the flat iron is heating up.
      The sky will be sunny when it finally comes up. When I looked out a few minutes ago there were the first pink streaks showing across the sky.

Our tree will come down tomorrow or the next. I want to go to HOme Depot and buy a tub or something to store the tree. And a tub just for the ornaments we used this year. Good intentions and we will see where that road leads...

Today will be church and then I have a planning meeting for an event for the older kids (11 year olds) after church that I will drop off Becky at home and then drive up to Anderson.
      And a friend called yesterday to ask me about ordering flowers for her daughter's wedding...By the time I finally figured out she was asking for my help, not just my ideas at the moment, I was planning the next big thing on my previously empty calendar. 2019 is already filling up!
      Luckily, this wedding isn't until February sometime, but flowers are always a last detail that you can't get too far ahead if you want them looking fresh.

That hot roast beef sandwich sounds like pure comfort! One of my favorite things to order when travelling.

The end of the year and the beginning of a new one: always something to look forward to.
      Prayers for you all today and every day!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, I forgot to tell you what planting zone I'm in. It's Zone 8. We are having what I call False Spring weather right now, 80's in the daytime and 60's at night. It makes things bloom early. I know we'll have more cold weather and we usually have a killing frost in February. But right now it is beautiful, warm, and sunny and I have several things blooming around the property. Did you know there are orange Poinsettia's? They are in bloom now also, but they are in my neighbors yard.

Good morning.
      last night I took a sleep aid because I’ve been getting just 5-6 hours of sleep at night, and have been dragging the last day or two. I slept 7-1/2 hrs last night and feel refreshed today.
      I have been reading the paper....just old news being rehashed. But at least the comic section was fresh. I haven’t done the cryptogram yet, though.

Speaking of puzzles, I have added the new “Happy New Year” mahjong and Majong Gold to my collection. I already have the Valentine, St Patrick’s, spring, summer, autumn, Christmas, the Classic, and the Cats. (This covers most seasons and events. I’m hoping to find a birthday mahjong sometime.). The Cats is the hardest of all, which I have won only 3 times, ever! That with a couple different solitaires and Scrabble, share my free time along with the online books.

Nothing much happening here. No medical appts til January 7th. New Years will be a fairly quiet time for us.
      The weather isn’t changing much here. Tomorrow a “heat wave” of a bit over 55°, though nights are still st or below freezing. The next day we plummet to high temps in the mid-40°’s and nights back down in the 20’s. This morning when I got the paper, the car was lightly frosted over.

Guess I will finish my tea and shower, and see what today will actually bring. ☕️ Have a good day and keep warm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee can you please send me the site for those games you play? They sound very interesting.

Good Afternoon! It's sunny at the moment but very cold. The wind doesn't help.

Yesterday was great. I finally had some energy & boy did I get things going. Started my day with going to town by myself after a customer came & picked up a PB pie for his wife's BD. Picked up Blaise's best friend on the way home & surprised him. Boys are noisy & rowdy. I sent them outside a couple of times to run off some of their energy. I came home to a call from a customer who was wondering if I could bake her 3 pies for the evening, which I did. Also baked off two kinds of cookie dough to start restocking my freezer. Spent the last part of the evening reading a book. Almost finished & will do that today.

This morning after church & SS, Blaise & I went to Giant Eagle to get the pork roast for Tues' New Years dinner with my family. Of course I found many other items to fill my cart. We stopped at BK for a quick lunch. Now to get the car unloaded. I need to ice a carrot cake for a customer. Then I think I can rest the rest of the day. We'll see how that works out.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Karlinann, I don’t go to a site for games.
        I have a Max/Apple tablet, so I go to my APPS to find my free games. I love my Macs.
        Then download them to my “desktop” and put them in a “Games” folder. I just go to my games folder and choose the games I feel like playing.
        Except the Kitty Cat Mahjong game. I think I got it from a pop up ad from https://clevermedia.com/
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, thanks.
      Working...
      X