Saturday, December 29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, December 29

I have Vertigo again and I don't know how that happened. It must have been from being under the ladder when DH cleaned out the gutters on Thursday. I did not feel at all well when I went to bed last night, but I got a good sleep and am better today.

Guess what? It's raining again. We finally got dried out enough to turn the irrigation system back on last night and now it's raining. I'm just going to leave it on. It goes off at 4 and if it rains barrels between now and then I'll turn it off.

I'm still not 100% so I'll be back later. Hope all of you are well. I'm back. I had some yogurt to soothe my tummy. It's still messed up from that greasy pizza. I sent a complaint to the corporation, but have not heard back. I have a very sensitive system and cannot do greasy.

I just finished another J.A. Jance book. I'm keeping a list of her books that I've read. Taking a tip from Aunt Maye.

Be sure to see my post today in the Subjects of Interest. Love ya.
    Last edited by karlinann; 12-29-2018, 06:39 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning....burrr! Temps are in the 20s and the wind chill is in the teens. Sure am glad I did not load my car last night and leave things in that cold all night. Not going to warm up much today or the next few days but the only four letter word I heard was 'cold' and not some other icky word.

I have been commanded to come up early since the little ones are coming in early an want to open gifts. That is fine because then I will be coming home early and before dark. Hockey on tonight anyway!

Sorry you had an attack of vertigo Karlinann. It must be miserable...you have meds? Need to get a move on and shower. Last holiday event of the year for me. Cannot believe how fast this Christmas season has passed. Andrew and his mom ran in last night to say hello and they are having their last Christmas today, too. Yesterday Sierra and I ran to the mall to return a pair of shoes Santa brought her and we had lunch at Olga's. We had to wait in line to get in and I was surprised at the people who just linger over lunch while a line has formed to get in. I am not saying gulp it down and leave but several tables were sitting when we were seated and still socializing when we left. It bothers me to know I am holding up people. I can not linger with a line behind me.

Have a great day and stay warm and dry if you are in the path of rain. Some bright hot sun would be wonderful....

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I do have meds and thank you. It bothers me also when people just linger after a meal and there is a wait to get in. How rude! Hey, I'm sending some Florida sun your way!

Good morning, everyone.
    Karlinann, I am sorry you are having problems with Vertigo.
    Maxie, have a great last Christmas today.
    Another year about to close on us, and I can barely remember where it all went.

It is 27° out right now. It may or may not hit 50 later today. We have overnight freeze warnings all weekend, and it looks like it will continue during the week.

We went to Big Lots yesterday, I needed a stack of birthday cards for family and hoped for a good discount. It turns out they don’t discount greeting cards any more. But they had some good ones, which would cost the same at any other store.
    I was hoping to find those packages of cards, 10-12 to a package at a lower price. Our extended family numbers about 40 now, plus close friends to consider. We also found some pretzel snacks, one E’s favorite, the other a different taste, to try. Plus a jug of caramel corn. Then E found a few odds and ends we needed. I had a bad feeling when I didn’t see prices on most of the stuff. But it’s a discount store, right? The prices I did see on comestibles were the same as my grocery store, the only bargain was Progresso Soups which we didn’t need. We were shocked at the final price, but E paid it and we agreed to never return there. Buyer beware. Funny, the Big Lots at the ritzy end of town is definitely cheaper, judging from the sales slip E dropped (he cruises through the Big Lots near my hairdresser when I’m getting my haircuts). Oh well.

So thats about all my news. I’m getting used to the Fitbit E got for me. I like it. It reminds me to quit sitting around and go do something. If I’m reading, I ignore it. I was surprised it lets me know when someone calls my cell phone. I know just how fast my pulse rate gets, when I’m doing stuff. And I know to quit and sit for a while til it passes. It also shows the amount of sleep I get at night, and how long each stage of sleep was....this I read on my cell phone app. I have gone from 350 steps a day to around a thousand steps, give or take. Right now my aim is at any point over a thousand steps. If I hit 2,000 I’ll be happy. They recommend 10,000 steps a day. But I’m not an athletic person, nor that young to have that kind of energy any more. I haven’t been to PT for 2 weeks, and my back pain isn’t returning. So I will continue exercises on my own, I think. And drop, or reduce the efforts, the aggravating ones. What can I say. At my age, just keeping all my parts in working order seems to be most sensible.

With that, I will close for now and read more here later. Time to grab a bit of breakfast, and take a shower.
    There are still crazy drivers doing crazy high speeds out there, so be very careful.

Oh, I got a glimpse of the block wall that lady hit on Christmas evening. I don’t see how she got her car to that spot, which is a big portion of temporary means of holding things together now, a LOT of damage....and she missed all the desert plants the people had planted there. The block wall was trashed at least 6 feet wide. It seems only logical she would likely have been coming from a party, full of “holiday spirits”, turning the corner too fast and “her brakes went out”. Like I said, I hope she and the homeowners both have good insurance policies.

Have a great day, everyone. ☀️ Stay warm!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Try the Dollar Store for cards...they are much cheaper.

Domino's just phoned me re: the complaint I sent. He said they use a garlic oil on the crust and they have been doing it for 4 years. He does not like it either, but says most people love it. The next time we go to get pizza we have to ask them to leave off the garlic oil and we will get 2 free pizza's. Whoot! Life is good!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

That is a great result from your communication with the pizza people, karlinann! Good for you and Good for them!

I slept in and it felt good. I took a PM Tylenol for hip pain and I think that is the reason. The two toddlers are taking a toll on my right shoulder and hip. I am going to have to rethink how I lift and sit with them. Especially, the girl who is much heavier than the boy and I tend to lift her twice to get her into the high chair correctly. She must have a different kind at home, because she is very smart and should know how to get into this one by now...
      Anyway, I am smart enough to figure out a better way.

I have an appointment at 10:00 and want to get to the PO before that. I have a cassette tape of an interview Gary did on the local radio station when he was voted teacher of the Year. I had borrowed a cassette player from my mom to play it (I had recently found it in a box) and after just a little listening to it I realized the tape was being scrunched. In getting it out of the machine it broke the tape.
      I was talking to Stuart and telling him I hadn't been able to get any help for it. He called me back a few days later and said he found someone who can splice it and then put it on a CD for us!
      It is Gary talking about his philosophy of teaching and even when the interviewer tries to make jokes about kids who can't be taught or parents that won't help, Gary answered so positively! I was so impressed and wanted my kids and grandkids to hear him. Just hearing his healthy voice would be something for them. Even the older one probably remembers him with his raspy oxygen voice...anyway, I am just so thankful I did not throw it away when I wasn't able to find anyone to fix it. (I knew it could be fixed!)

So, I hope your days go well. It is cold and sunny here and who knows if htat wind will be back? Jo, we have about the same kind of temperatures.

My chai tea is waiting and I better get moving! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, that is wonderful that he can fix the tape. It will be a treasure for you and your kids. Paula, I don't know if you realize it but you are a very positive person also. It comes through in all your posts. Many blessings.

Oh, thank you!

Comment

Thanks, Maxi. I will remember that.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X