Thursday, December 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, December 27

Paula, yesterday was our trash day too, and today is yard waste pick-up. When it falls on a holiday they come the following day, but that was not necessary this year.

We bought pizza from one of the pizza places and apparently they are doing it differently now. The crust was laden down with margarine and salted with garlic salt. Too much salt and too much margarine. The box was just so greasy with it and even though I only had 2 pieces my pulse jacked up immensely. We will not get pizza from there again. That combo will kill you in a heartbeat, pun intended. I really like the pizza at Aldi's, 5 cheese. You can add whatever you want and it tastes really good.

I got 4 more JA Jance books from our library yesterday. I intend to read them all and our library has a bunch of her books. The one I'm reading now is the next one in the Ali series that I just finished. How lucky can you be?

I did some research on the root system of Avocado trees and it says not to plant them within 30 ft of a building. Guess what I did? I went out and pulled the 2 little trees that I had and dug up the seeds of some more that I had planted. From now on I will only plant flowers. No more trees, bushes or shrubbery. Our yard has enough landscaping now and I just need for it to grow and fill out.

Today we may go to the thrift shop. It is supposed to be 80 degrees and I'll be getting out there in some of it. Be back later...
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! It is rainy and windy this morning but suppose to dry out and be close to 60. I'll take that in December!

Yesterday our evening was fine. The elusive nephew was not going to come in until around midnight so we missed him again. Guess there is always next year. One more Christmas to go and this one on Saturday I am looking forward to.

There is nothing going on here...my stitches finally come out tomorrow and they are a aggravation and need to go. No plans for today. Have an exciting day or have an exciting relaxing day..you choose!

Comment

good morning! I have two friends texting: one about the very cold weather and the other about her upcoming Disney cruise...while I am sitting here reading and getting ready to start the daycare day. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Not much going on today. I will have one school boy and the two toddlers for sure and probably all the regulars. It is sunny and cold here, but not the ocld it is where some of you are. Probably more like karlinann's cold.
      What planting zone are you in, karlinann? I am in zone 9.

My big issue yesterday was finding out that absolutely my package from Donna I orderd had been delivered on Monday morning (Christmas Eve) and had been stolen off my porch 45 minutes later, just before I turned onmy phone and saw the notification and went out to get the Amazon box. I thought it had two items in it (it was sure big and heavy enough) but when I opened it yesterday I saw it was only the one 50 pound bag of dog food...My neihbors across the street looked through their security camera footage and found the exact times the USPS delivered and exactly whent he low life guy came up to my house and picked up the two smaller packages!!! I could see there was some kind of writing on his hoodie but it was across the street and not good enough to see his face. I had already gone to the PO to make sure it wasn't delivered to a neighbor and they pulled up the GPS picture of my house so no doubt there. I am going to file a report with the police just to be on record about it. A former daycare dad who is with the PD here told me to when his wife told him what I had said happened. ANd we were up at this time but I was in the bathroom and Becky was in a different bathroom doing her hair. Pretty brazen! Like Donna said, I was feeling some pretty nageative things and hope there was not a market for drug money in my cat food and her wonderful cookies! I called Amazon to tell them about the cat food (just to be on record about their USPS delivery which I think is too early) and they said theywould send another case right away. I had no idea that would happen, so that says a lot about their service.

I will be thinking about how to make things safer and for now I am jsut very grateful that all the packages I sent were received.
      For all the things I love about my town the rise of drug related crime is taking a toll on my town spirit. WE see a lot more police driving through, but the night shift has way less on it than the day...

Yikes! I did not mean to get so negative. It will not effect how I feel. I choose to be happy!
      Hope your day is full and good and you know how much I appreciate you all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG~ what is the world coming to? Yes, file the report and what about getting that security protection they have that shows up on your phone? If you live in a high crime area it would be gold to have.

Good morning, friends. ☕️
      it’s a cold, 39° morning here. We have nighttime freeze warnings until after the weekend. The days’ temps are in the 50’s for now.

margarine on pizza, Karlinann? Who has that recipe? Italian pizza is supposed to have olive oil on it, and not very much at that. It keeps the crust from being too dry.

Maxie, I can imagine how anxious you are to get those stitches out. Not everyone gets 2 christmas’ to enjoy. I’ll be waiting to hear about it.

Paula, sorry to hear about the package theft. I noticed that the delivery guys no longer take the time to ring doorbells before they take off. But USPS here cant seem to get deliveries started before 9 a.m. ....... that’s the earliest we have seen them out. We are lucky to not have had any packages stolen here...knock on wood!

nothing interesting going on today in this neck of the woods.
      Hope the rest of today goes a whole lot better. ☀️ Stay warm!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a brand pizza company which I cannot disclose because I wouldn't want to get into trouble and yes it is oleo. Not butter and not olive oil. I know the difference. This is something new. The inside of the box was very greasy from the overflow of the oleo. I guess they slathered it on with a brush around the crust before putting on the other stuff. And it was just loaded with that garlic salt. I will try to find out what is going on and make a complaint to the company.

Good morning..not a real good day for me. I started my day with a phone call that a friend died at 730 this morning. I am sad but ok with it. He hasn’t known any of us for years. He had Alzheimer’s.

Today i I am spending time with my mom preparing for Granny’s Christmas. I am also meeting my bestie and her boyfriend for supper.

Comment

Well, just got back from getting nail (s) removed from Sierra's tire and am now going to be the proud owner of two new tires! Geeze, how can you get ahead? We will be going back to pick up her car later. Getting pretty darn sick and tired of supporting her and her car. Tuition is due when we get the corrected bill. This retired grandma is going to need a job!

It is so windy out and rains off and on. It is warmer outside than inside! Temps are going to reach 60 today so hoping with this weather it doesn;t blow in storms or tornados this afternoon.

Well, I am going to sit here and feel sorry for myself. Jon is getting x rays on his knee this morning and this is his bad knee and already has screws in it. Nothing is going my way today and I am wondering when I get my reward. My mom used to say you will get your reward in heaven...well, I'd like a little of it now!!

Paula I do not understand a low life who steals. People have no morals anymore and I do not understand the need to take something that is not yours. I do not understand taking poor children at the border to punish the parents and I do not understand lying politicians. Morals and ethics seem to be a thing of the past like manners and common sense. Just read something about how much money panhandlers make. What are we doing to this generation coming up? Most of us kill ourselves raising good decent kids and then they go out into a world of cheating and lying.

Obviously I am not in a good mood so will go soak my head in something warm and maybe it will reach my feet. That garage was freezing but the funny thing is my credit card is red hot!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxi, I too am devastated by what is happening in our society and around the world. It is awful, and I sure hope we have some changes soon. It's downright scary.

Maxi, my middle daughter gave her old car to her daughter, with the stipulation that she had to put aside part of her own paychecks for gas and car maintenance. Well, the girl didn’t save. Got in an accident. No money to fix the car. She spent her extra money on coffees at the QT gas station. So her mom didn’t want her walking the dark streets to and from work, so had the car fixed. But her daughter had to make payments to her mom every week til she was paid up. Now she is saving for her car needs and emergencies. I don’t think she drinks those expensive coffees any more. They have a plain brewer at home.

When I drove my parents’ cars in my younger days, I always replaced the gas, at the very least. I was never given a car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Sierra does put gas into her car and she does pay her car insurance but I am making the payments and thus the repairs. It just seems to always be something. They took us back to look at the tires today and thought someone may have lost a box of screws from a truck because she had a total of 7 short screws in her front two tires. We were lucky they did not go flat at midnight while she was coming from work! So she has two new tires and a recommendation of replacing the other two 'soon' because of wear. I bitch but I do because that is what you gotta do...

No, I just saw your comment and question: I made cornbread stuffing this year. I think. Am better at doing what I have always done.
        The new cranberry sauce I made was a huge hit. Cooked the cranberries in apple cider with lemon zest and orange zest and juice added. Also a pinch of cinnamon. And some sugar and cut up apples. That recipe is a good one for us.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          You sound like a real suzy homemaker. LOL! That cranberry sauce sounds delicious. I have always made my cranberry sauce. It's so easy and quick. I love hearing the berries pop. I have one more bag of cranberries in the freezer and am going to make cranberry preserves.
      Working...
      X