Monday, December 24 ~ Christmas Eve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, December 24 ~ Christmas Eve

I'm reading another J.A. Jance book, Deadly Stakes, and it's so good. I know I say that every time, but it's true.

Good morning Rounders. Merry Christmas Eve to each of you, and to all our guests. I hope some of the guests will become members so we can get to know them. The more the merrier!

I have a mammogram at 7:45. I know that is early, but I'd much rather have my appts. early in the day. There is less chance of getting sick from the masses of people in the waiting rooms at this time of year, and in the summer you want to get er done before the sun gets too hot. I'm an early person anyway so it's a win-win.

I found out how to make homemade tomato soup. After I try it I'll post the recipe in the kitchen if it's worthy.

I'll be back later to read all the posts.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! The sun is trying to peek out.

Yesterday was a good day for the most part. Blaise was still sick, so Cork & I took shifts going to church. I came home & took a nap. Finished up MY gift wrapping. Found the last gift I was missing. I "mysteriously" appeared. I think Blaise had it, but I could be wrong. It was one of Xander's gifts.

Becca came down and went with me to a local nursing home. My SS class did their Sunday service. We had some extra people come this time and helped with the readings and singing. Of course we always bring cookies and our class chipped in and got a small gift for everyone....toiletries mostly. When we got home, Blaise ask Becca if he could come stay with her. She'd been promising him another sleepover. I took him to Urgent Care while she did her last minute shopping at Target. He did have an ear infection, so we got meds for that. We stopped and had supper at Arby's and then each went our separate ways. I came home and got started on the pies for today. Made 9 pies. Took the last ones out at 1am.

At 1:30am Kathy called. Calls in the middle of the night are never good. Her boyfriend's Dad got killed in a car accident. She's now not sure if they'll have Blaise overnight tonight. Whatever. I was kind of sad that he wasn't going to be here anyways. Becca is coming down to go to church this afternoon with us. I LOVE the candlelight service. Becca and Ollie will be staying overnight for the next 2 days. That makes me happy.

This morning customers will be coming to pick up their pies and cookies. I told them they had until noon. I do have two other pie orders later this week, but I won't make them until they are needed. We did get the tree decorated yesterday, so I guess btw that & the gifts wrapped, I'm ready for Christmas.

Like Karlinann says...I'll be back later. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. Merry Christmas Eve! I must have been really good! I got a COACH wristlet. I love it! I never would by something like that for myself. My visit to my parents has been pretty good. Today we head back to my house. I will be glad to see Coriander

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh! What color coach wristlet did you get??? I love coach!

Good Christmas Eve to all.

Finally got to go to Church yesterday. Then went to the Cantata last night. Talk about being good. I don't know how they will top that one in the years to come. The entire cantata was the birth of Jesus from the time Joseph and Mary arrived in Bethlehem. I don't think not a child who goes to our Church was left out of the program. And the singing was so good. Even the kids had a song to sing in the play.

My only regret is that we will not have a candle light service tonight. I have always enjoyed that as well. They just figured with the cantata last night, that could replace the candle light service for tonight.

Today I have to go get a few items at the store to make a couple of things to take for the Christmas night supper at E's daughter's house. Then I'll make it tomorrow morning, that is if I figure out how to stir with 1 hand and 4 fingers. Sure hope this cast gets to come off on the 4th of Jan. Even if I have to go back to the splint for a while, maybe I could at least take it off to shower. Everything right now takes 2 times as long to do.

Hope all are with family and enjoy your Christmas time. Maybe next year I'll be with mine.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Merry Christmas!

Well, you have had a busy couple of days Cookie, Your life is way to busy for me! Things will be quiet around here now that our Christmas is over. Scott will leave this afternoon and Jon is working. Sierra is working tonight and I have no idea her plans for tomorrow but I can guarantee she will not be here. Now I have a fridge of leftovers and a bag of cookies and am a pretty happy camper.

Andrew left yesterday at dark since he and his mom were baking cookies. We played cards all afternoon and he is so improved and can hold his own. I didn't have to throw a game..turns out I am a natural loser! LOL! Jon said he was all excited telling his mom about Christmas here. He always goes in with Andrew and they talk and pass information and drama. Always holiday drama someplace!

Sorry to hear about Kathy's bfs father. I always loved the candlelight service. I understand your wanting Blaise tonight. I know it was always selfish on my part but I put in the time and effort all year and on the best nights and mornings they are whisked off.

Karlinann, you have convinced me to pick up Jance. Who knows, maybe I'll get back to reading. I have a purse book started and a car book started and one sitting here on the table AND all I do is watch tv...ok there may be a nap or two but they are not that long! I am a binge reader and this may be the author to get me back although I am sure I have read her before.

To each and every one of you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy your families and friends and have a peaceful holiday.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't it a big let down when gifts are opened, and nothing to look forward now? That's how I always felt. Did the BF come and get his gift?

And a very big MERRY CHRISTMAS to you also ,Maxie.

Good morning, and Merry Christmas Eve to you all.

Nothing special going on here. IT is in the 40’s outside right now, supposed to be in the low 70’s this afternoon. Tomorrow will be in the 60’s with “pre-melted snow” falling. It won’t be a white Christmas here. After Christmas the temps will be ranging in the 50’s, for the foreseeable week. Brrrrr.

I think today I’ll go through my closet again. I am sure I have more stuff to donate. And I want to dig out whatever sweaters or sweatshirts I have left. then I willl get back to sorting stuff in the craft room. Or maybe kitchen drawers and lower cupboards.

We will visit the kids in January and give them stuff they wanted. Then recheck the few senior apartments we are considering.

So that is our lookout for the days ahead. Maybe roads will be safer then. There seem to be a number of drivers of what appear to be new cars, who seem to be driving at super fast speeds (not yet breaking the sound barriers). They frighten me.

Karlinann, you seem to be quite a reader. I used to read faster, but either age or a hacking hubby slows me down. I do have books on 3 different devices, though. I did find a JA Jance book I had previously missed on Kindle, and am trying to get into that story.

Cookie, I hope Blaise’s medicines will now get him feeling better.

E is doing good. Still some throat problem, though. I heated the leftover kielbasa for a sandwich for his dinner. It was really juicy, so that grease was soothing to his throat, and he enjoyed all the flavor. Don’t know what I will come up with today, but I have various leftovers to choose from. A chicken-veggie soup sounds good, I think.

Have a beautiful day ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        We are gong to move both our garbage cans to the patio for more closet binging, drawers included! How we can have so much to donate and get rid of is beyond me.. but then I look around my mother's house and see that I it must be in my DNA! She has even said, I like my little knick knacks and you and your brothers will get to decide what to do with it!

good Christmas Eve morning! Kind of an oxymoron, there, but the wish is sincere.

I slept in till almost 6:00 and told Becky I am taking my time so she could shower, etc, first. I am enjoying my tea and a no stress Monday morning.

I am so sorry to hear about Kathy's Bf's father. I can't imagine how a sudden death right before Christmas would be...Prayers for them.

Stuart told me his MIL fell while hiking (slipped on ice), But, it just happened an orthopedic surgeon was in the same area, saw and rushed over to her. He checked her, did something and called his office and told them Not to go to Urgent care but to go straight to the hospital and he arranged an 11:30 appointment for her to be seen and scheduled for surgery! Talk about a tender mercy! If EMT's are close by I would think I was blessed, but this was really great. She can't use her arm for quite awhile, can't drive and Stuart's wife goes over to their house to help her mom with everything the dad can't do.
      So, first time ever, in almost 19 years of marriage, Jenni is doing Christmas dinner. I asked Stuart right away, Who is cooking? and he said, Hormel Black Label! They are having ham and we all know that is pretty easy with very little guesswork for the cook. It is really good that they live so close (7 miles) to her parents. She is the only daughter and the only child that lives in WA.

OUr Christmas service ws so good yesterday, too. We combined with another congregation and did not have Sunday School. Music and sermons were good and afterwards a social get together with both congregations.
      We came home and later had my mom over for a belated birthday dinner for Becky.

We have had rain almost non-stop! I like JoG's "melted snow" name. WE very often have fog and our family always called that a California White Christmas, but it is horrible for holiday travel so we are thanakful for rain and no fog.

I am reading a book titled Holly and Ivy. It is a Christmas light Hallmark movie style fiction. Not the children's book from the 50's. I can just picture it coming out next year or so as a movie...light reading and a good vacation book.

I hate to get up from here, but I will be coming back to see what else is going on.
      I need to go put on the Christmas music!
      Enjoy your decked halls and winter wonderlands!

Comment

Paula my wristlet is black with silver sparkles.. my new back pack purse is black and white. They look good together

Comment

Jostoy, no let down yet! The big Christmas with my family is Saturday and that will be a house full at my sister's. Wednesday is the command appearance at my Texas brother's mil with his 'entire' family. He had 4 kids and they all have families and the last time we saw 3 of his was at my dad's funeral. One is rather elusive but will be around with his new wife. It is always nice to see them but then my brother makes a crack about my driving at night. Didn't I have cataract surgery? Well, yes,, but I have two damn eyes and one wasn't ready then. Ya know? So my little brother and sil will stop by to pick me up. So this visit is not a let down but a big fat chore! and I have a big gathering to look forward to.

I am not sure what a wristlet is...a small purse?

Back home all the churches participate in a Christmas Cantata the Sunday before Christmas. Our church did both a kids service at 8;00 then the candlelight at 11:00. It actually depended on the age of your kids which one you did...if they were young enough for kids. I much preferred the later service.

Your son's MIL was very lucky to fall when and where she did Paula. And that a doctor stepped up to be in charge.

Sierra is up and getting ready to leave and I have laundry going. Dirt and dirty clothes do not take a holiday! Rats!!

Comment

Working...
          X