Tuesday, December 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, December 18

Good morning Rounders! No, I didn't sleep in, but I'm just now getting here.

DH and I put up the tree yesterday after lunch. It is so pretty. Now I'm glad I made all those ornaments because they fill up the tree nicely. The cinnamon ornaments still smell good and the cranberry garland looks so perfect with the coffee dyed muslin ornaments. It's sparkly with those snowflake ornaments and the tulle tree skirt looks like a big mound of snow underneath. How wonderful!

Tonight DH and I are going to drive around the community and see all the glitz and glam. Last year was a sight to behold, but I bet this year will be even more awesome. What can I say, it's cheap entertainment.

Today I have a grass transplanting chore to do and a trip to the library to get more books. I will let you know which ones are good reads Aunt Maye. Paula, the ones that take place in Washington are the J.P. Beaumont mysteries.

For dinner I'm making Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, bbq beans and sautéed spinach. Sugar Free jello for dessert with apples and walnuts.

I'll be back!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Karlinann Did you find out what was going on in the neighborhood yesterday?
    I have been enjoying my time off from work so far....Its been super busy....another busy day today...Not completely sure what I am doing today...starting with a work out...then an errand then I don't know yet.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet Beth, but I will certainly keep you posted. My neighbor that I was going to ask got taken by Fire & Rescue to the ER, I think. Didn't actually see them load him in, but I sure hope he is ok.

It is a slightly frustrating morning!
    I bought a couple of really nice cards for Becky's graduation last May and now can not find them! Her ceremony won't be until May and it will be impossible to find 2018 cards then...I knew exactly where they were, but then that first fire in the summer and as it got over into our county someone told me to be prepared to evacuate (I really should not have listened) and I grabbed the cards (?!) with other things and now can not remember where they are. UGH! They were from the papyrus store whichis pricey but it was the super cute Pugs in the cards and they lit up...I am just going to hope and be positive that if I can't find them today , her last day and real graduation date, that I will find them intime for the ceremony in May...

So I am a little frustrated. That said, I did have a beautiful card for her Birthday today and I have a cake ready for this evening. It is her last final and it isn't raining as she drives down to Chico.

Ok, now I have calmed down a bit and need to get going since I have used up all my extra time looking (and kind of wrecking) through my drawers, shelves and closet. Where did I put that bag??? And it does have some jewelry in it that I would like to find, too.

I hope your day is going much more smoothly! If it isn't a birthday card it would be a Christmas gift that I lose track of....and right now those are going really well. I got the two pair of boots for the girls in the family we adopted (from the fire) over to my friend's house last night. Wrapped pretty, too!
    and I have the gifts for the Veteran all ready for Becky to drive up to REdding tomorrow. And all grandkid gifts are either arrived or ontheir way. The last was mailed yesterday. It took awhile to get here since he wanted Super Mario toys that are no longer available and we had to go to eBay to findthem. And after my ordeal with my email getting hacked oneBay, I have Becky buy thngs and then I pay her. I deleted my Pay Pal account and will see if I want to open another at some other time.

Ok, you all are wonderful and I hope your day is, too!

Comment

Morning..it is cold this morning but warming into the 50s. Weatherman says no white Christmas for us but then we seldom have one anyway! We have had more snow this year already than we have most winters. I did read something interesting yesterday on the internet about snow and snow days. In this era of computers and internet they are thinking of doing away with snow days and when school is called for weather the kids are going to go on line and do assignments. What??! No more snow days? Everyone loves a good snow day or two. I remember as a kid that only the country kids got snow days and the town kids (me) were counted absent if we missed for weather. Then they got civilized and everyone got a snow day and I loved my kids having snow days then we stopped having snow and now Andrew has cold days...when it is just to cold for the kids to be waiting for the bus and everything is country around here and every kid rides a bus. AND we have some pretty darn cold mornings when you add wind chills in January and February. Oh well, that is actually all I read yesterday. Must have been a slow day...

I bought my ham and if I spent $30.00 I got my ham cheaper per pound...who ever goes into a grocery store and DOESN'T spend $30.00? I can spend more than that when I just need bread and milk! All that stuff just jumps into the cart, ya know? I need to call for a haircut but time is getting close around here. Need to mop some floors and get that cookie dough together. No Paula, they do not sell unadorned cookies around here unless maybe I ask? Noticed there is low water pressure this morning and that is disturbing. I always worry if it is my problem or the city's. I have lived long enough to know that it is normally my problem! AHHHHH!!!!!!

Well, worrying about getting stuff done and then sitting here complaining about it is not getting anything done. I make grocery list so maybe I need a priority list around here and on top of that is cleaning...and a haircut! There is enough spaghetti sauce left to make something quick tonight and if I get the dough mixed up I know Jon and Andrew will bake. So I am off to force myself to do and maybe I will enjoy it and get a spurt of energy. Doesn't everyone love mopping floors?

Karlinann your tree sounds wonderful and looking at the lights. Some people really go all out. Have a wonderful day people...

Comment

Good Morning to all...I got up at 5:30 but got started and just lost track of time, much to get done...my computer desk was tops on the list...so darn dusty behind all the 'stuff' that is on it...also papers, papers and more papers...I got a bunch of gifts wrapped yesterday and some cards sent out...Made my return labels before I started...
        Today I need to get the Oreo truffles made and potato candy, these are two things the youngest one really likes...

Major surprise last night, my daughter called me and we talked for about a half hour, no mention of Christmas except to say she would see us soon, not staying here, staying with her Dad, and we will get to see them a few times....going to let the Grandgirls have some one on one Grandma/Grandpa time...works for me...

There is a guy my husband is dealing with and he is driving me crazy with his phone calls all the time, and he is such a big grump, and has a stalking charge against him from the place he is lot renting from, they evicting him...so hubby just sold his trailer and he is mad because he doesn't have another home to go to. He thinks the world is against him, nothing is his fault..

karliann, your tree sounds perfect, a bit nostalgic..

Well time to get busy again.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooohhhooo! A Stalker. Scary!

Good morning.
        We still have our relatively cold temps. We will have rain Christmas Day, if the forecast is accurate. I will consider it premelted snow.
        I don’t recall any snow days in MI, when I went to school. However, when we moved here from NJ, the next winter it did snow in Phoenix. Not much, but it was snowing! The kids in Phx got a day off of school to play in the snow. One church school used to send a truck to Flagstaff (where they do ski !) to haul back snow for the kids who never saw snow.

Yesterday ay I found a kielbasa in the freezer. I threw it in the crockpot with chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, baby carrots, and quartered Yukon potatoes and a cup of water. Some people add broth, but I like to preserve the individual flavors. It cooked all afternoon. E loved it. Me...I can take or leave kielbasa, or any sausage. But he was so happy with it. My grandma always fried kielbasa with onion and potato. I like it better cooked.

Karlinann, your tree sounds so pretty.
        Paula, I hope those cards turn up soon.
        Maxie, it’s amazing how stuff finds its own way into shopping carts. We get that same problem.
        Beth, have a good day at work.
        Boffler, that guy sounds scary. Don’t let him in your home! I never have had potato candy. I wish I knew someone here who does make it so I can try it.

Hope everyone has a very good day. ☀️
        Last edited by JoGee; 12-18-2018, 11:17 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I just had to post again because I have lots to tell. One of my neighbors drove by on her golf cart when I was out there working in the yard and wanted to know the scoop on what happened yesterday with the weirdo's down the street. I had not made her acquaintance yet cuz she is a snowbird. She is very nice and we talked for a few minutes and I told her I was going to ask my neighbor right beside me when he came out to walk his dog. Well that is when the Fire & Rescue truck pulled in front of his house and the 2 EMT's got out and went to his door.

OMG, I hope he is ok. He is retiring at the end of this week. Anyway the lady asked me if I wanted some plants and that she had a bunch of stuff she could give me and I said YES. We were at her house gathering up Agave, succulents, and a Beauty Berry bush and I didn't see if they loaded him into the truck. Drats! I sure hope nothing is serious. She has lived here a long time and she says it may be a BP check or something like that.

I planted all of my plants and she also gave me a Coleus to root in water. It's the green and purple.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Some of you guys have the nicest neighbors. I seldom see any of mine.
            well, the one on one side of us works nights. The neighbor on the other side used to foster puppies. They were adorable, but I’m not up to pets these days. (Besides, I’m a cat person.). When she found it was hopeless to interest me, she just waves in passing now. Sorry, but I had some long stays in the hospital, and more recovery time at home....the poor pet wouldn’t do too well with that.
            The other neighbors pretty much just stay indoors or in their backyards (I smell the grilling!). Don’t even see them to wave at.
            So, no sharing of plants, ideas, or anything else here. Some families may well be military, and so there are always people in and out of those houses. But I see only the moving men. Kids don’t often play in streets here. Probably because parents have seen the speeding cars.....despite a policeman living down the road.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

What a difference a few hours makes in a days schedule. I have done nothing much which I am sure you all agree is par for me. Jon called to say he is meeting the bus to take Andrew to the clinic. His mom called and ask Jon to handle that since she does not get off work until later. So he tells me not to cook. That just leaves me more time to work around here. Sierra got up and wrapped her Christmas shopping so naturally I needed to find everything she needed. That cut into my extra time. My sister called so we had to handle the world's problems...a burden we bear! The neighbors dog was lose and had the nerve to bark at me while I was inside my own fence in my own yard so I kicked the fence and used my bad foot because I have anger issues and do not think before I act. Limped back inside and resting until the queen is finished in the bathroom and I can mop and disinfect in there then will move into the kitchen and tackle that floor. Is there a reason people cannot hit the waste can? And that they cannot bend over to pick it up off the floor? Oh and the surprises when you move the can! But the Elf is hung on the fridge and has put back all the ornaments on Andrew's advent calendar. He has had that thing since he was big enough to remove the ornaments and does not want anyone to touch it. Ha! 3 more days of this Elf.

Yes Karlinann, you tree sounds nostalgic and I envy you weather to do outside work. Paula don't you hate when you do that? I used to stash things I had picked up through the year for stocking stuffers and found an ornament I bought my husband 3 years after he was gone. I have stopped doing that but then again I can lose something bought yesterday! I do not eat Kielbasa Jo but my guys love it...I fry it for them. Sharon so happy you talked with your daughter and will be getting grandma grandpa time.

Time to put on the hazmat suit and hit the bathroom. Have a beautiful day people.

Comment

Paula, do you have a filing cabinet? I would look there first. How about a safe storage fire proof container? I'd look there 2nd.

Comment

Oh,fun! My microwave seems to have bit the dust. Conked out. E is going through the manual. If it is something that can be fixed, he will do it. If not, well, I will just wait til we move before replacing it. I do use it. But I can make do without it.
                  One less thing to move with. Right? Get a new one at the new place.

My last PT tomorrow. Yay. I will ask if he can recommend my continuance when we move. I will be near a sister hospital to the one I have.

My my pulse rate climbs high lately. Not just at PT. But drying and styling my hair made it soar. When I walk, do chores.
                  Resting is avg 72, but it got over 120, which I feel beating in my throat. I see ,my doc in early January, and we will see what's going on. I really don't need one more thing, like this. I hope it isn't a heart problem now...if is, I will wait. The heart doc I have had to see before just seems too anxious for surgery, because he wants to see the back of my heart, which means crunching rib bones. In the meantime, I will try to be just active enough as to not push my luck.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X