Sunday, December 16th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 16th

Our Lanai leaks and there was a 5 gallon bucket full of water yesterday waiting to be emptied after all that rain. It's never been that full, and probably not even a quarter full. I was shocked. And guess what? Our shower is leaking again. It's so very slow of a drip, but it's a drip. If that piece comes undone we will have to have the whole shower remodeled. I won't pay good money to fix bad when the parts are old, the tile is pitted and has tiny little holes in the grout, etc. That bathroom should have already been updated anyway. I didn't want to start remodeling, but sometimes it's necessary. Right now I'm just going to pray that it holds up until spring.

You know those tins of popcorn you buy at the grocery. They have it at Aldi's for only $3.99 and it is so good. We are both popcorn lovers and it was a good day for it yesterday with all the gloomy, dreary weather. Love the White Cheddar!

Okay, there was loud music somewhere in the community when I went to bed, but it was off in the distance and I thought someone had their stereo turned up and was entertaining a few quests. When I woke up at 11:30 it was blaring, with a loud drum beat and I knew it was a live band. Then I figured it out; it was the community center at the bottom of the hill having the annual Christmas Party. It ended not long after I got up. I was all set to complain about it to someone today. Hah! See Maxie, I am not always sweet & kind. My DH says I have extra sensitive hearing and he could barely hear it, but he is the one who was caught ramming Q-Tips into his ears as a child and damaged his hearing. Believe me that music was loud. I hope they had fun!

No rain expected until Thursday. I will have a peaceful Sunday and maybe get out in the sun today. Be back later to read what's happening in your neck of the woods.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Sun is shining and temps are suppose to be in the 40s and 50s all week with a slight chance of rain mid week. All in all that is a great forecast for around here in December!! I was up early but laid around in bed and watched some news and channel surfed until the urge for coffee hit me. Came out to find two loads of laundry finished but not folded. You gotta love getting up to finding the laundry fairy has been here! Plus Jon took the grocery list shopping and promised me a trip back home to pick up the meat for next weekend. Sooo I may be behind in my planning but my son is obviously on top of it.

Nothing planned for the day except an afternoon hockey game. Yesterday got up and did a bit then rested and today I am feeling like I could run a marathon...ha ha,,like I ever could or would! Need just 5 more days of elf antics. I cannot believe how fast the Christmas countdown has come. Remember being a kid and thinking it would never come and now it is coming faster and faster. Probably mentioned that our Christmas is the 22 and 23 since Jon is working Christmas.

Karlinann it isn't my hearing that is so strong but I can sure sniff out a scent or aroma or just plain old stink! You can hear 'em coming and I can smell 'em!

Hope the rain has cleared up for all of you wet people. I wish each of us could have an 85* day and walk in hot sand. That is my perfect thought!!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      maxie, maybe your elf could write a letter on the last day and say what a great Big boy Andrew is and the elf will be retiring now or being assigned to a little child ...
      Also: in a world of all sorts of smells and aromas, I am still debating on whether the good ones out number the bad. (Remember I am in a daycare 5 days a week! Donna's house would win hands down for the good aromas and I might be pulling up the bottom of the list with stinky smells!)

Good morning all.

No Church for me again today. I guess the flu is running through the Church. Since I don't get a flu shot....I'll just stay clear. Even if the flu wasn't running around, my neck still isn't up to par. Still can't turn it from side to side, but it is getting better after a few treatments. All I can say...don't try ramming your head through a metal storm door. This all happened in F.W. when I fell breaking my wrist.

Just can't figure why the neck problem didn't show up until 3 weeks later. Oh well...sh*t happens.

Everyone have a good Sunday. It is to be in 50's here with sun shinning. To bad I can't get out and drive the roads a bit. Have only been driving to Dr. appointments.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
      Didn’t sleep so well last night. Must have woken up a hundred times. Well, too often,in any case. Maybe I heard that party going on too, Kalinann, and I’m even a bit hard of hearing. Boy, you sure had a LOT of rain there! We could use it.

Hope we get sunshine today. Yesterday was totally overcast, and a grey dreary day. We ended up just staying home.
      I do see a bit of blue sky now, as the sun just started peeking through.

E looked up that orthotics store on the web. Apparently only the first customer liked it. He read me the next 20, and said the rest were the same way. Some people didn’t get rid of the foot pains, the refund policy doesn’t cover getting your money back, sales persons with bad attitudes. One guy asked why the inserts were so expensive (over $300/pe), and the sales person just folded up the box with his foot impressions and tossed it in the trash and walked away. E said we will find a good podiatrist. He has a flat foot and other more minor foot problems, and had considered shoe inserts, too.

No particular plans for today. I need to get my heavy robe and get the newspaper.

Hope you all have a fun Sunday, or a restful one, ☀️ whatever is appropriate.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee, check your private messages.

Good Morning! Another wet & dreary day here. BLAH! Personally I'd rather snow than this cold rain.

Yesterday was a busy one. We got all the cookies sorted into orders & back into the freezers. I then spent the afternoon baking. Took a few breaks and watched a couple episodes of NCIS with Cork.

This morning we went to church, then headed down to Kathy's and picked up Blaise. He wanted to come home yesterday, but I made him stay. Mean grandma!

Once I find some energy, it's back to baking. The guys are going at some point and get us our Christmas tree.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I will call you later today.

We are getting rain and it is really coming down! It will be an umbrella day for church.
      Yesterday was overcast with rain here and there, but every time I went out there was no rain.

The church Christmas breakfast that has always been a dinner went really well. and attended by all the regulars. The past dinners (and Halloween parties) are usually over attended (does that sound bad?) and we always end up putting up more tables and chairs and not sure who all everyone is. Part of me thinks I should delete, but I will say it isn't that I don't want people to come or bring their family and friends, I would just like an accurate count for planning...so it has always been Plan for Lots! I am sorry if I sound uncharitable.

It is 49* now and I just looked and it is supposed to rain all day. A possible break at the time we go to church...I don't care about when I am gettingout of church; I would just like to get in with my hair dry and in the same style as it was at home (instead of whipped all over.)

Friends for dinner today. It will be meat loaf, the cheesy potatoes I made for Friday (saved in the refrigerator for today) and cheesecake for dessert. Rolls and green beans but no salad...I just want easy and yummy.

Donna, the pies sound like heaven!
      Wish we could all sit down and talk and snack together.
      Have a good day and take care of the aches and all that is going on.

Comment

I have always said Donna's house must be what heaven smells like! And yes,Paula we are ending this Elf crappola this year. It is a lot of work for the entertainment of a 12 year old who has critiqued some of what we have done. If he can do better he can do it next year for us!! Jo, My sister had some very expensive inserts made for her work shoes and she loved them..not sure where she got them but it was an orthodotics store. Sorry you are still recouping from your fall Jostoy. But very glad you are taking it easy for once!

Just took a shower and would milk my injury but no one is here...Sierra is going to leave early to do some Christmas shopping before work but first needs to get her work clothes dried. She must have put them in with washer last night when she came in. Wish she would bring lunch by before leaving town but good thing I have a box of cereal. Someone has a lawn mower going so must be the guy that got a new one this fall mulching leaves. He does love his new mower and runs it every chance he gets. We are those annoying people who burn the leaves and only enough to keep the storm drain open.

Going to kill the rest of the morning with Hallmark until the hockey game starts. Life would be perfect if we had a maid!!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie, dear, where have you been hiding your head? Andrew is your answer to the future. Encourage him to watch the Food Network when the kid chefs are cooking. I bet he will get very interested. Lot's of Master Chefs got their start in their grandma's kitchen. It's a thought.

Donna, when it comes to feeding large groups/families, whatever, you really NEED a number guideline...or have people call in an RSVP and have them be sure to give the number in their group. Or, mark each year’s number of attendees each year for a general idea.

Maxie, even elves get old and need to retire sometime. One of our Elf years equal 10 Elf years, right?
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoGee, check your private messages. I sent you info on the orthotic inserts.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I got it, thanks. Did you get my reply?

”Thanks, Karlinann.
            There is also a balance issue involved, apparently, according the the PT tech. So I need to ask a podiatrist or orthopedic doc if there are any other issues I need to be concerned with.
            Our insurance providers are Tri-Care For Life (military) and Medicare, and the only paperwork is the Medicare Card and Military ID card. It covers almost everything.”
            Last edited by JoGee; 12-16-2018, 02:32 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

No, I did not get anything but that is ok. Just talk to your doc and they will tell you everything.

Comment

Working...
              X