Saturday, December 15th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, December 15th

Would someone please send me an ark? It rained all afternoon and into the night. It was a hard rain too. We even turned off the irrigation system that was set to go off this morning. I think we no longer have a rain deficit. Guess what, it's raining again.

Good morning Rounders. We ended up not going back out yesterday so I made French Onion Soup for dinner. We had gone shopping at Aldi's and gotten the big 5 cheese pizza and made that for lunch and there is always half left over, plus neither of us wanted to go out in that pouring rain. I only wanted the soup.

I've started on another J.A. Jance book and it's not as captivating, but it takes place in Washington and is going to be a good read.

I'm off to do DH blood glucose finger stick. Yesterday I did 3 super loads of laundry and today I'm takin' it easy.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning.

Karli, I'm using my ark so can't accommodate you at this time.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning! I slept in a bit today.

Paddle your arks in my direction....it’s dry as a bone here. You might even find it warmer here.
      Our forecasts dropped overnight, pushing the 70° weather another week away, unless the climate change hiccoughs.
      but it is in the 60’s. Nights are back up to the 40°’s, though. I have coffee, mocha, and a few delightful teas to thaw you out .

E has put off taking me to get shoe inserts. But he mentioned going today. They will be made to fit my feet. He doesn’t believe in the ready made ones.

I mentioned last evening my credit card has been cancelled. Someone in TX has been using my #. The bank let us know. I guess the thieves thought all the $1 purchases wouldn’t be noticed. Good thing E & I have different card numbers. Funny thing, he uses his everyplace, almost. I use mine in 2 places...make that 3, as I now get my newest med at the hospital. Anyway, I still have the checkbook, so we aren’t destitute while waiting for new cards to come. I think they want him to have a new card, too.

No other plans today.
      Hope you all have a good day. Keep ☀️ warm.
      Last edited by JoGee; 12-15-2018, 10:51 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        How scary with the credit card. especially since you can trace back where you have used it! Hope you get that straightened out soon!

No rescue from here either Karlinann...Only good thing about this rain is that it isn't snow or ice!

I am incredibly sore and having a hard time moving. Looks like nothing will get done today and it also looks like laundry will be on Sierra if she wants clean work shirts. With our Christmas being next weekend I have a lot of stuff going on this week plus lunches and a shopping date...this was not a good planning deal on my part. Stitches stay in for two weeks! I am planning a good Christmas Dinner for next Sunday with ham and the works and thought I would make Italian beef sandwiches for Saturday night with salads but that got poofooed by two kids. They want their dad to grill. And now that I think about it he can grill and we can still do salads and I am off the hook for a meal! BUT I have to get this planned out and a shopping list made so I can send Jon out shopping and he has only one day off from now until next weekend. I know it gets done very year and it will this year but I also know my own laziness and lack of motivation and very poor planning put me in this situation. I have only had a year to plan for Christmas and evidently it was not enough time...ya know?

Maye, I also do not like cooking and I am not going to tell you I tried to make cupcakes last week from a box and over filled the papers and well you can imagine the mess because if I tell you that you will think I had a senior moment and I am pretty sure it was not senior but a long time since I even baked a box cupcake! I was hungry for red velvet cupcakes and the walmart bakery is questionable in taste. This is not the house you come to for grandma's fresh baked cookies...this is where you bring your own and hope she leaves you with a crumb. As for meal cooking....left to me my entire SS check would be going straight to McD's. Getting old did not make me more domestic or lovable or cuddly. Crabby is a nice word!!

Well, guess I'll go and limp into the kitchen for more coffee. Jostoy, how are you healing? Any nibbles on the house? Karlinann, bottle some of that energy and happiness and goodwill. Happy to see you start each morning here..

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Bones are starting to mend. Wear the full cast for another month then see if it comes off and a splint goes on. No offers yet.

Rainy morning here, too. I am ready to go out for an appointment and then back here to get Becky and pick up a lady who wants a ride to the church Christmas Breakfast. Then it is just my normal Saturday To Do list which means I can add whatever I want to.

What is the name of that book, Karlinann?

Maxie, after two weekends of doing ham I am going to do a turkey for sure for Christmas. I know we took way too much food to the shelter, but the manager told me food for 30 and there were only half the amount of beds set up. I didn't notice that but Becky did and she has volunteered at the shelter and said that is a sign of how many they have been having.

Ok, I have to go and will check back later.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        The 1st book I read is Day of the Dead and the one I'm currently is Betrayal of Trust. It is the one set in Washington State. I do like it, but it's kind of slow.

Good morning..fixing to make home made meatballs for the first time. Also making candy both for church

Comment

Good Afternoon! A very wet one here too.

Guess what I've been doing? Bet you won't!!!! BAKING!!! The light is starting to shine at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday Sue packaged the last of the orders we had so far, and I worked on other cookies. I then baked 10 pies last night for a party today.

One of Blaise's teachers stopped by to pick up her two cookie trays after school yesterday. I ask her about Blaise. She said she has a real heart for boys. We joked about his writing. She said she ask a friend of hers who is an Occupational Therapist if she'd stop by on Monday to check out his writing. She said he may need a little help, which is fine. I appreciate that she cares enough to do this. Took him to karate since Kathy didn't show up on time. Surprise! When we got home Kathy was there & in a grumpy mood since we didn't get home in the appointed time. I stopped & got him dinner at Subway. Anyways, on his way in side, he slipped & fell in the mud....in his WHITE karate uniform. He went home with her and we'll pick him up tomorrow morning after church.

This morning I made the last pie...lemon meringue. Sue came and we drug out all the cookies and sorted them into orders. She then boxed up some extra cookies & is taking them to bingo tonight to see if she can sell them.

I have my work cut out for me for the rest of the day...baking & filling cookies. I REALLY want to get these cookies done. Next week I'll be making the choc rolls, pumpkin rolls, & nut logs. We'll also spend a day creating trays. It'll be like Grand Central Station then for the next week with people picking up orders. I've already got 3 panic orders today from people realizing Christmas is only a little over a week away.

Good to hear from you Jostoy!

Have a good one all & stay dry!

Comment

Working...
        X