Friday, December 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, December 14

Good morning Rounders. It's raining. My plants are happy. I actually slept in today, plus I found another new game on AARP that I love. They put on 30 new games and took a bunch of games away. I love the Holiday Mahjongg Dimensions. Whoot!

DH is not playing Pickleball due to rain so we have a free day to do whatever. He is taking me to early dinner at Cheddars. We know if we go at lunch there will be a line.

Guess what? Remember those Apple Muffins I said we were having for dinner? I made those for breakfast yesterday and they are so good. I got the recipe on the back of the pancake mix from Aldi's. I tweaked it a bit by adding chopped fresh apples instead of applesauce and they turned out so good.

Aren't you glad this is Friday the 14th instead of Friday the 13th? Whoooooh! Spooky!

I did get up during the night for a couple of hours and watched Cuomo on CNN, but he and his guest speaker were talking over each other so much I couldn't make out what was being said. I hate it when they do that. That happens a lot on Home & Family show too.

What is going on in your neck of the woods? I'll be back!

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Rainy morning here too Karlinann...rained all day yesterday in a nice steady rain and more today. Beats snow! Need to be quick this morning and start laundry since it may be a day or so before I get back down the steps to the laundry room. Also need to find some tape to stick that darn Elf to the wall. Yesterday he put a bag on the Nutcrackers head and tried to strangle him and today the nutcracker stuck him to the wall and is shooting nerf arrows at him. I know, we are not politically or socially correct but this has turned into a big game around here with how outlandish we can get. We have been doing two part episodes with him. The other day he had looped a string up the tree and climbed it and the next day he was laying at the bottom all bandaged up. Putting a sling and splints on a stupid elf is harder than it looks!

It's Friday...yay!! I thought it was Friday yesterday so not sure if this a bonus Friday or what. Have a great day all of you. wish I liked to cook Karlinann...in fact I wish I had some of your energy. Jo is that netflix movie?

Comment

Good Morning.
      Today we will have warmer weather than yesterday, up to the 70’s instead of 60’s. Mornings are colder; we have been getting overnight temps in the 30’s but tonight will be in the 40’s. A bit better. Cannot believe I grew up in the Midwest, and walked through snow to school rather than take the bus. But living here for so many years, where 3/4 of the year it is in the 90’s and 100’s (been up to 122° once or twice), so this current weather is winter-cold for us now.

Yesterday ay I cooked up a pork loin, throwing some cranberry sauce and orange juice in it. I cooked peas and baby carrots, then threw vege-rigatoni and a bit of flat noodles in the same pot. Lovely colors to the pasta and veggies. So this weekend I’ll be slicing the loin and serve with some other veggie mixtures.

Maxie, yes we found that movie on Netflix. So glad we did. If anyone doesn’t get Netflix, you can probably call whoever rents movies and ask for it.

Karlinann, those muffins sound so good! You can make them with pancake mix? Geez, I didn’t realize that. But we don’t have an Aldi’s out here. Will any pancake mix do? If so, will you post the recipe please?

Nothing much new here.
      Guess i will have some cereal, and a cuppa whatever is handiest.

Have a great day ☀️!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Friday...like Maxie I was looking for Friday yesterday, so I guess today is a bonus!
        I haven't read the post about the movie, yet, but if it is The Christmas Chronicles, I loved it! It is a made for Netflix and was much better than I had hoped for. A friend's daughter was on speaker telling her mom and me about it and I decided to check into it during nap time for the kids. I watched it in spurts and told Becky kI will watch it with her as soon as her finals are over.

We also want to go with friends to see the new Mary Poppins Returns. Two papers and two class finals to go!
        But, it will not be over...
        Grad school!

Tonight is our shelter dinner. Ham and cheesy potato casserole, green beans and salad and rolls. Becky and I are going to stay and help serve. I want to see how many are being served and how the manager is treating people. I have heard some reports from other volunteers and just want to see for myself.

Tomorrow is a Christmas Breakfast at church, in lieu of the dinner that is usually held. I am looking forward to it, especially since it was announced no one has to bring anything. All the food is being provided and cooked at the church. When it was first planned there was a sign up sheet for breakfast casseroles and I had signed up for one.

It rained during the night and there is more predicted for this afternoon.

Oh, that talking over each other drives me crazy, maxie! I thought when that happens they should put up sub-titles, but the speakers are usually spewing things out so fast I wouldn't be able to read it all anyway.

Did I say how much I am enjoying the book about GHWB? It has so much about people we have heard about and a lot more about politics that did not make the news...very tender when the part about his 3 year old daughter getting cancer and dying. After hearing his biographer speak in the WA ceremony I decided to buy the book.

Wow! I have been busy with getting food ready for the shelter and didn't see the time until now.
        Hope your day (and mine) goes well...for me that means less crying kids and enough food for all at the shelter!

Comment

Good morning.....Staid in bed until 830! It was so nice....I am leaving in a bit with my sister to go work out and run to the store I need to pick up a few things. Stuff to make candy for Sunday and stuff to serve my appitizers on for the christmas dinner at work...after that party I don't have to see any of those people until next year Not that I am excited about that or anything...I just really need a break from some of them.

Comment

Paula, I wonder if E would like the new Mary Poppins movie. Can they outdo what Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews did? I saw the previews, and I think there is a good chance that they might.

I am still smiling over that Christmas Chronicals movie. It has all the Christmas magic a child could possibly dream up. Plus.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• karlinann
              karlinann commented
              Editing a comment
              Your wish is my command My Lady! Going to the kitchen now to post that Apple Muffin Recipe.

Ooooh,thank you so much for the recipe, Karlinann!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Back home and ready to be waited on hand and foot...only problem is no one is home to do it! Sierra drove me home and immediately left for work. Going to be a Hallmark afternoon with my foot elevated then back into the trenches tomorrow.

Still rainy here but mostly foggy and misty. Miserable day where you just feel cold. Wish we had netflix so I could watch that movie. Oh well, at this stage in my life I will forget all about it in a couple of hours. Hockey tonight and I can crawl into a warm bed and watch. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Comment

Good evening

you all sound so busy!... so I feel like the Scrooge... I don't like cooking any more... nor baking. so a decent size cassarole last for days....do not like to spend time in kitchen.. don't make dessert ,hes a diabetic and I weigh too much. ( my knees are rebelling)... and I'm grumpy..because Im tired and old .
                .. a few good swear words fit in here ... but I will not print them... I don't like shopping... or driving in all the terrific and parking in tiny parking slots.
                ...... sigh... I thank you all for listening to me grumble. I do know I'm so happy I can come here and read what all you are doing... my bright spot of the day!!!!...

see you tomorrow.. maybe in a better mood... hugs to all..

Comment

Hi....I got a notice from the bank this afternoon. Did I give anyone in TX permission to use my credit card. No!
                  i turned it over to E to straighten it out. Whoever it is at 3 gas stations and 2 Quick Mart in TX , spending $1 at each place. The bank caught it. So that card is now cancelled and another on its way. I only use my card in 2 places.... my hairdresser, and Amazon. I doubt the hairdresser was responsible, but we will give her a heads up. Otherwise it’s an Amazon problem, and they will soon be alerted. My card is in a special protective sleeve, and in a wallet, and deep in my purse which must have a dozen pockets.
                  E uses his card all the time, and hasn’t had a problem like that.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X