Thursday, December 13th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, December 13th

I'm almost finished with my book. It's a real page turner and I have recommended it to my DH.

I did walk around the house yesterday and nothing got frostbite. Yeah! It will happen though.

Nothing happening around here except that DH has a PCP appt this afternoon. I'm making Pork Chops, Wild Rice & Veggies, and Apple Muffins for dinner. Oh and SF strawberry jello with halos for dessert with dollop of whipped topping.

I'll be back later to read what everyone else has to say.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning, I think the sun is trying to peek out...I think I am finally catching up with a few things so my mind and stress level is much calmer now, LOL

Went and got my first shingles shot yesterday, hoping I don't get some of the side effects some people get...I did come home and take two Tylenol as suggested and again before I went to bed...my arm is pretty sore but no flu like symptoms..

Today I will dedicate some time to the house, it needs a good dusting so will be 'swiftering' away today.

Hubby said that most people at the luncheon chose liquor as their basket themes mine was the only homemade basket, they used the themed baskets as door prizes and professional bakeries for the auction things...hubby said one large apple pie went for $700 dollars!! And that other things had high money making bids also...guess it was a fancy thing...and money talks of course..

I actually think swiftering will be all I do today, after all the baking and cooking I need a break...so supper tonight will be pretty simple, grilled steak and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Also I plan on staying in my flannel pants and thermal shirt.. I do have cards I need to get done, we will see.

Have a good day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning! I think today will be my last day for the year! I am ready for a break and time spent with family. I am going to my parents two different times 3 days each time. The first time I will spend an afternoon at my old apartments building. The 2nd time I am back I will have dinner with my best friend.

Yesterday at work was not a good day. My job coach came by and she had major aditude with my coworker because I said something to another job coach about getting in my way. I am very ready for a break.

Comment

Good morning....
        The PT guy, yesterday, gave me an easier set of exercises, because I was sore for most of the week after the “challenge” exercises I got. But I slept nearly 8 hours last night (my average is 6 hours). So today I’ll have the energy to get back into the work that needs to be done for moving....mostly the discarding of stuff.

the temps last night dropped to near-freezing, and today’s temps will be only in the low 60’s. I need to get some laundry done so I’ll have my long sleeve tees. I hate feeling chilly.
        I doubt that E will want to go anywhere today, and that is fine with me.

so, not much new happening here.
        Those pork chops sound so good, Karlinann. Don’t know what I’ll fix today. Have to check my freezer and set up my crock pot.

To everyone, have a happy, beautiful day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning! I was waiting for karlinann to open up the day thinking it was Friday! I am not sure where that came from but I finally realized it was Thursday and the RT was started.

The baskets came yesterday afternoon! I let the kids take them out of the package and we decided what could go in them.
          Thank you so much!! That was a lot of knitting!

I have potatoes cooking right now for the potato casserole I am taking to the shelter tomorrow. I bought hams and potatoes last night at Walmart and the sauce ingredients and some wrapping paper and a gift bag and was out of there in 30 minutes. A record for me!

I have a bag of ingredients for a friend to pick up and she will make half the meal. Usually we have three of us cooking but my other friend's father passed away earlier this week and I am not even reminding her of the dinner or putting it on Facebook. A 4th friend makes the most delicious homemade rolls and a big salad.

So, running through here since I was peeling potatoes and such.

Sharon, you deserve a rest as do we all after those big projects. Homemade cookies and candies are priceless, if you ask me!

Have a good day and stay warm, everyone!

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so glad you like them. It's Crochet. I don't know how to knit. Never picked it up.

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            If I could do either a bit better I would have known what I was looking at!

Good morning...have a pot of spaghetti sauce on and want to mix up cookie dough so Andrew can bake and decorate cut outs this evening. Like Sharon we have stuff going on here and I handle things with anger. So...there is one bitchy lady living here! I have nothing happy or good to say so will wish you all a good day. Rain moving in for the next couple of days so at least it matches my mood...

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            For me Maxie I think they take advantage of my good nature and always think of me last thinking "who is the easiest one to not care about"!! Well I am sick and tired of being considered last, I spent my life making sure said daughter had a good life now she acts like her Father is the one and only to have her and kids on the 24th & 25th!! Her husband is taking care of the arrangements 'yeah right', and they will be in town from the 24th -27th and they will 'stop' by on the 24th to have Christmas with us... We both live here in the same town, only across town from each other so its not the driving thing...and her hubby is the biggest liar and thinks I believe his bull*hit..They will be in town before the 24th as I well know...so that is my anger...but the other two will be here to have some fun on Christmas Eve before said other son goes across town to spend time with his Dad before his two hour drive back home..

Fun Pics and Stuff. 1.7M likes. A Fun Place for Humor and Plenty of Happiness with over 33,000 Fun Pics! We sincerely hope you enjoy our page! ~With warmest regards, Robert Fendley and Mary Margaret...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

‘‘Tis the season, folks. Be ready for family, relatives, and friends - - - the good and the bad of them.
            Why do we tire ourselves out with worrying about it? They do not always make our holidays perfect. Is “seldom” a better word?

I was ticked off when I’d found the perfect gift for E, a set of shave/aftershave of a scent we both enjoyed. Our DD saw that, and started giving it to him just before our important occasions. Difference is, I get it on sale at a regular store, where stock gets moved quickly; she gets it at the cheapest discount places....and it has gone stale. Phew! Well, maybe she meant well, but we sure dislike that scent these days. Now (he now gets his own). But I know he will get another cheap set of something else from her, and thankfully they stopped making that original one. And I wi’ll get another cheap set of something else in scent. We just smile and say thanks. And Goodwill will get them after the holidays. We also usually get a cookie tray from her...she “experiments” a lot and let the little kids and others have a go at it first. We get odd tastes from much of it.

Another daughter makes us another cookie tray. She hates cooking or baking....a shame, because her foods are really great. It’s the only time of year she bakes, but just for us though.
            One girl gives us an Amazon card. Another DD gives us nothing. Ever. Or visits, either. (“Ohhhhh, you are soooo farrrrrrr away!” A 2 hour drive. ). LOL. Of all the kids, half are in AZ, one in WA, two in TX, and 1 in NM.
            One stepD might, but not usually. The two other steps, zilch. Grown grands, only one giveth.

So mostly we make our our own holiday. Things might change a bit when we move. We will be closer to most of them.
            We will make our own plans, as usual. They can work it around our plans. We don’t take any of it personally. Really. In some ways it is a blessing. We will be cutting down holiday gifting next year, maybe birthdays, too. We have always been pretty generous to the kids and their families. Regardless.
            Last edited by JoGee; 12-13-2018, 12:00 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Ok, feeling somewhat less angry with the world. Communication and an explanation go a long way. Sierra passed her certification test. However she got a C in the class so has to retake it since she needed a B. Never mind that she took the test with a migraine...this is not nursery school ya know? So she is certified but cannot intern until she gets a B or better in this class. Back to school next semester for 2 points. Oh this was the precertification class that helps you study for the test to be certified!

Then my sister calls to say my Texas brother will be around for Christmas and wants US to go to HIM to see his entire family who will be up here. He wants us to see his kids and grands....never mind that our kids and grands were not invited. But this is the same brother and SIL who thought the world stopped here when he wasn;t around and when he came home stuck his nose into Dad's affairs after I had been handling them all that time. My sister handled the medical part and I did the rest...however this brother was sure everything stopped until he came back. I am really upset over his attitude with OUR kids and this sounding like a command. I'd rather wait and read the braggy Christmas letter they put out..which I am sure my SIl will pass out before we leave.

Then my eldest is going through some personal difficulties plus a new job. I hate when he posts these cryptic things or sends texts then will not talk. Tomorrow I am having this procedure done so will end up with stitches next week on my ankle when I have all this other running to do. It just seems like everything landed last night right smack on top of me. Not much in the world of horrible things happening around me but enough to upset my little world.

Comment

Maxie, I can relate. Everyone has their own agenda. They don’t care about the agenda others may have. Or about the weather interfering. After the rare occurrences of being around all the family, I knew I should have taken a cruise instead. LOL
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X