December 11, Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 11, Tuesday

Good morning Rounders. I had a spell of Vertigo last night so I took a mucus relief pill as soon as I got up today. It's probably from picking up the leaves from the Sycamore without wearing my mask. I'll be ok.

I made the Potato Candy yesterday afternoon and man is that stuff sweet. I have a feeling that the Irish used a lot more than a quarter cup of potatoes though for the original recipe. It's so rich that I have to cut a piece in half.

DH brought some free books home from one of the Pickleball guys wives. I picked up one by J.A. Jance and started reading it, Day of the Dead. It's interesting and I will finish it, but the other two are not appealing to me and they smell like cigarette smoke. It makes me sick so those went back into the bag and will be taken to the library.

There is a new restaurant, Cheddar's, in our neck of the woods. We tried to go before TG but the line was too long to get in the door so we turned around and went to our favorite eatery, Sammy's Italian. We will go to Cheddar's after the holiday rush. You would not believe how the traffic triples here when the Snowbirds come down for winter.

That is about it for me except to wish you well, peace & plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..I am feeling better this morning not as much coughing in the night...work today...cooking a big dinner for my family tonight...hoping for left overs for the next couple days...I am making spagetti and garlic bread and maybe salad.

Comment

good Tuesday, folks! I have some extra plans for the day since one of my toddlers will be home with his mom today. He is my little "Cling on" meaning he clings to me and whenhe does venture away if he sees another child next to me he has to get right back. So we will be doing some ornaments with beads. With just one toddler I can manage to keep tihngs straight...I think.

It is't supposed to rain for a day or two so it will be a good day to have outside time. I will go out and sweep away any water still on the play mats and bikes and that should help keep down the mess. Most of my kids live in the country and their moms are always posting pictures of them splashing through puddles and mud. At home it works but it sure makes for a lot of extra work at daycare.

I hope all of you have a good day and get done whatever is on your list (and don't make the list too long!)

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, did the baskets come yet?

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        No, but neither has
        My mail today. Will post when they do.
        So excited!

Good morning! Going to warm into the 50s today..yay!! A heat wave!! Andrew's mom came by last night and reprogrammed the thermostat so it will be warm during the day and cooler at night and not vice versa. Maybe no more afternoon cold nose.

Tonight is Anrew's Christmas program at school so we are having taco salad for supper. Now I need to gout and buy the ingredients. Never have been a fan of school programs but this will be his last. It takes longer to get out of the parking lot after than the entire program takes. Somehow I am not sad that this will be my last children's program ever. Those bleachers kill my back but being the diehard people watcher I am they are enjoyable in their own way.

Talked a long time yesterday morning with my sister and we have a shopping trip for next week. None of us have any shopping to do so it is just a get into the stores at Christmastime and have breakfast and lunch out. The regular four of us are going. Also have lunch with the school chums next week...guess I have to go since I have managed to get out of the last 2. Why they had to cram it in so close to Christmas is a mystery to me but then again some people are just social beings while I am NOT!

Other than going back to the store for taco ingredients I have nothing going on but laundry today..oh, and that program later. Snow is left in the shady areas but even that should melt today. Yesterday we finally got the mini blind replaced in Drew's room. Everything now is cordless and all the hardware had to be replaced to hang it. New and improved is such a pain in the butt.

Beth glad you are feeling better. Karlinann I am not much of a candy maker and can honestly say i have never had potato candy. We bake and mash them here! Have a wonderful day all you beautiful friends. The sun is coming out today.......yay!

Comment

Good Morning, everyone.
        It looks like today is supposed to be a dreary cloudy day. But we are averaging 70° for now, though the temp will dip again tomorrow.

Our trip to SV over the weekend was interesting. It used to be a very small town when we lived there. Oh, boy has it grown! When we lived there the scenery from the backyard was empty fields, tall grass and old trees here and there. Coyotes lived in those fields. Now there are many new communities filling those areas. The Main Street is much longer now with a lot of new businesses. A popular restaurant (called The Landmark) near the army base (Ft Huachucha) is no longer there —- they had a huge clown-doll collection decorating the place and even I contributed one of my crocheted clowns to it ——- and the friendliest people gathered there. You would find yourself conversing with people at other tables.
        Lots of businesses have turned into other businesses. As you approach SV, more homes are being built there, too.

Looking for a good good breakfast restaurant on the city’s main road. We were unfortunate enough to see the after effects of an accident. Police had just arrived and were redirecting the traffic. The car that was hit looked like it exploded, with some large metal portions covering the curb on the corner, the rest of the car further back past a driveway and scattered in the road. The color of the bits of car we could see looked like a burnt black. Couldn’t see much more than that, with police and people around most of it. We neither saw nor heard an ambulance, but the fire department sent a large truck, and we supposed they had paramedics. But we didn’t stay, they really don’t need the public interference. We backtracked and found a breakfast restaurant, and headed back home. We noticed the vistas and mountains on both sides going home. Other newer communities had sprung up along the distant mountain foothills.

Karlinann, the J.A.Jance books are very good. She grew up near SV, a friend of ours went to school with her brother. I’ve read most of her books. The stories, overall, cover this area (the smaller towns near SV, Tombstone, Tucson, Phoenix). There really is a restaurant that the Native American Indian cop, Jimmy Chee, was supposed to have owned, I think in the Tubac area somewhere.
        Jance now also has a home in Washington state, I think.....there’s another heroine detective who is in another set of stories.
        Also good. But because I am in this area, I like the original early books she wrote. Happy reading!

Beth, I am happy to hear that you are feeling better.

It is time for my breakfast...cereal....and then back to the old grind. E just realized how much stuff we have to dispose of when we get around to moving. We have a 3 bedroom home and are downsizing to a 1 bedroom apartment. I doubt we will have more to give to the kids than the load we will drop off after Xmas. Goodwill will love us. I’ve asked that nobody give us anything for Xmas, but my brother responded to expect a package in the next week or two. He usually sends fruit baskets these days, so that’s not too bad.

Anyway.....I’m sure a few people were typing and posted while I was still typing. LOL
        Have a great day.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maxi, will you have a gift exchange with your chums? One thing I’d get for gifts to people is chocolate covered cherries.... which they claimed to love more than the other boxed candies.

Paula, you sure have your hands full. I sent my daughter my big container of cinnamon, and other holiday spices. She and her GD made a bunch of ornaments to share. The houses will smell so festive!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            No gift exchange that I know of. Not taking anything anyway. Not a fan of gift exchanges and am glad the kids are getting away from them at school. But then I am not a fan of pot lucks either. I AM a big fan of chocolate covered cherries though.
        Working...
        X