Sunday, December 09, 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 09, 2018

JoGee you are a real trouper. I would have sued that church. I used to work for a church also and I felt so inferior at times. The complacency was thick. Then there were members who were just the sweetest beings on earth. Anyway, you are made of stronger stuff than I am and I pray that you will be healthy the rest of your life.

It's so warm this morning cuz it's a 100% chance of rain today. Hey, I felt like making pancakes. We don't have them very often cuz DH is diabetic. I've already had mine with butter and maple syrup from Aldi's and bacon and a cup of coffee with vanilla caramel creamer. Yummy! I will reheat DH's when he gets up. The above items are exactly why we don't have these often. LOL!

Nothing on the agenda today, but I always try to have a peaceful Sunday. What's up in your neck of the woods?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning!..Have not heard the weather for today but do know it never raised above the 20s yesterday. And it was a biting cold. Today the Holiday train carrying Santa is coming to town. I thought it was Friday but it is today for us, and Monday and Tuesday for two other smaller communities. First time in a lot of years it has made a stop here and I want to see it. I want to see it come in! We have rode on old steam engines so the kids could see Santa ..so much fun! But this one will just park and Santa is inside. It is not a steam engine but a regular Union Pacific train. We will not see Santa unless he comes out and waves at me but I just want to see the train come in and stop. Jon will drive so I do not have to find a place to park. It is my second childhood!!

Yesterday I made it to the bank and dropped my toys off...needed new windshield wipers and after I bought them the kid went out and put them on. Some mama's raise their kiddos right!

I have laundry from yesterday sitting in the dryer and wash machine so need to attend to that. Today is the last day I will say I am going to Penney's and Kohl's...I am actually going to do it! Although I did make a Penney's internet order the other night for me. I had a birthday reward and they had their Columbia jackets on sale..even got free shipping so had it delivered to the house. Also ordered a couple of flannel shirts. I wear them over sweatshirts and they are pretty warm when running in and out.

Jon has one more week home on vacation and yesterday he rearranged the kitchen. AND I cannot say a word because he has cooked all week and still has a week to go. Plus, in reality, it is HIS kitchen. BUT he has turned it over to me when I moved in and now it is all different and things put in places I will never find. I sort the spices by baking and cooking and he changed all that and I have no idea what the key is to his spice sorting. He stacked bowls and some of them are now over my head. I will be giving him this next week then it is back to my way in there...unless he wants to cook permanently. I could live with that..

Reading back over this it is a boring life I lead...do not know why anyone would be interested yet I look forward to reading what the rest of you are doing. We eat a lot of breakfast for supper around here Karlinann. I am having cookies for breakfast this morning. Walmart does not have the best bakery. Hope the sun shines where you are and the temps warm up. I am really wanting some hot sun on the top of my head and it is time to talk about vacation. We are thinking Disney but I am not opposed to the beach. But I want a touristy place where Andrew can snorkel and parasail. I do not like to just sit in the sun on the beach all afternoon. I miss the places you walked to on the beach to eat and every few feet there were shacks selling souvenirs. We stopped at every junk store but now they are all corporate controlled and air conditioned. Can you imagine air conditioning?

Gotta go start the day. Have a good one all of you people I look forward to saying good morning to every day.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

No Church for me this morning as my neck is hurting so bad. Can't figure out why after 3 weeks of trying to PLOW my way through the storm door when I fell and broke my wrist that now it wants to act up. Went to the Dr. Friday and he x-rayed my neck and saw where I had jammed a couple of vertebra. He used a vibrator on it and I have been in so much pain since. So nothing has been done around here.

Hope you all have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        We should have a sunny day ahead. It’s 40°-ish now, but supposed to get somewhere in the 60’s today.
        I was thinking that the rain we had recently for a couple of days, if it was freezing out it would have been just a light dusting of snow. That’s basically our winter....”thinking” about snow. My Granddaughter and her huge dog sent me a picture of the snow somewhere around Flagstaff, AZ, where the snow is thick and deep enough for skiing.

Karlinann, thank you so much for those nice thoughts. The pancakes sound delicious!

Maxi, I hope Santa will wave at you,
        Yes, all the stores, theaters, etc., stay air-conditioned year-round here. Even on the rare days we might see a bit of snow.
        (Somewhere I have pictures of snow falling in our yard here.).

Today is E’s friend’s birthday dinner. Last I heard he decided to come to Tucson. I hope E doesn’t pressure me to go to the dinner, but I might be stuck in going. But at least E won’t have to make the hour’s drive to see him.

The highway has points of road road construction going on. One is at our exit, and another at the next exit (which also leads to our area). There is road construction happening on every main street that surrounds our neighborhood.
        The odd thing about road construction, is that you see the signs they put up, we see the orange cones marking the area, sometimes we see some of the vehicles parked there, but 90% of the time we don’t see the workers, or else we see workers but they aren’t working. No wonder it takes so long to get done, and costs so much money.
        I remember when I was very young, just a little kid, the roads were being paved throughout our neighborhood....it was all done in a week or two. You never saw idle workers. And they did work that lasted ever so long.

Well, I need to get my breakfast and take my meds. I’m a bit late again this morning.

Have a a beautiful day, ☀️ and keep warm.

————————
        Jostoy, I guess we were typing together.
        I am so sorry about the fix you are in now, and hope the pain soon subsides.
        Take care. Try to relax the muscles in that area. I don’t know what else to suggest.
        Last edited by JoGee; 12-09-2018, 10:08 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Mornin

Comment

Hope you’re feeling good, Beth.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• karlinann
              karlinann commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope you are better too Beth. Take good care of yourself.

Wow! After reading the posts that were written after mine yesterday and then Elaine's and now this morning, I am excited to chat away,, but already starting to forget what I thought I wanted to say as I read your posts...

so first: the funeral was Full and we had to get extra chairs. It wasn't in the chapel or we would not have been crowded,, but I am a glad the family chose the room: it made for a more comforting space as people were sitting right next to each other on the upholstered folding chairs, Of about 70 most were friends of the young man who died. All were dressed the way they live every day, and many were very emotional. We had to get extra tissue boxes out of the closet. Our Bishop could not be there so asked him if his counselor who is a drug and alcohol counselor for the county could be over the funeral. He spoke and one of the brothers of Dallin (who died) spoke. The brother said many touching and humorous things but he also said that Dallin's choices to use drugs to escape the sadness in his life was what killed him. A room full of young people in their late 20's and a look of total loss. I don't know how to describe it. Our county and the two nearest us are part of every story about the opiate epidemic. It had not hit so close to me before these last few years.
            We fed and comforted as best we could; I renewed friendship with the two adult sisters and their kids and can just hope that someone who sat there yesterday will decide to get help and make a change for themselves.

Ok, sorry about that. I had gone to the church to set things up and get ready for the funeral and Becky went to set things up for the dinner.

That dinner! Such great smoked tri-tip and chicken. Salad and artisan bread from Costco and cake, but I did't even want the cake. the dinner and conversation and not having to do anything was Heaven! A group of men served and cleaned and had cooked.

Jo, when our carpets get cleaned at church they announce it starting a month ahead so no one with allergies or breathing problems accidently ocme s in to the building during that time. And when we clean at the church we have to use the church provided organic type cleaners and ot any product from home for the same reason.. I have stopped wearing any fragrance to church or anywhere, really, because so many products seem to be harsh and bother people.

Becky is making molasses cookies right now and it smells so good. It is for a pot luck for her internship this week. She dips the cookies in melted white almond bark and then has cute little gingerbread men sprinkles she puts on the melted part. Last year when they had tis pot luck she was the only one who brought something homemade and asked if it was ok or did people just want store obught (like maybe they don't trust home cooked food?) They all said No! Bring your cookies! almost at the same time. lol. Millinials (how in the world do you spell that?!) do not cook real food...

I have written a book and still wish we could sit here and talk.
            Take care and have a good day!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              The drug problem is everywhere. When you read the obits of a young person and they fail to mention the cause of death you know what it is. Jon is 42 and one day in the hometown paper were two girls he knew went to school with and he found out it was drug related. Those cookies sound so cute! When Sierra has to bring something she chooses plates or something in the serving area. She knows I don't cook much anymore and she cooks not at all. I am going to look for those sprinkles.

I admire how you volunteer and do all those extras to help people and how you have influenced your daughter down the same path. The world needs more people like you and less like the antisocial me!

Paula, it wasn’t cleaning products that got to me. It was heavy duty bug an rat killer. It was sprayed on my office supplies, and office equipment. One day they broke the locks on my desk drawers and sprayed my personal stuff that I left there overnight. Then I realized what the smell was. I reported the two church elders who were responsible....they wanted to take the complete office share of funds running the church, for their own use; I refused them, as it was a pittance, but necessary amount. I had still paid for some of the supplies myself. There is no excuse. The doctor that was treating my hands said he would refuse to testify against a church, if I sued. But once the big problems began, I was too weak and too medicated to take any action.
            i will say that another elder and another pastor had the two guilty guys expelled from the church.
            Last edited by JoGee; 12-09-2018, 02:32 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening ...

been a long day... David did not feel like going out to church or anywhere. in the 20's and he was aching and hobbling around, and this kind of weather also sets into my knees, hands. so we stayed in... I did get the handful of C. Cards I am sending .mostly the 'away' kind.. with postage at 50Cents now, it gets expensive .. I called a few friends and had some long ,wonderful chats..

Pancakes sound yummy Karlin, on tomorrows menu... and your pep talk is working!
              Maxie, your life is not boring!... I like to hear about your busy life.. ( all but the cooking)
              Jostoy,, I missed the post about fall, broken wrist... so sorry to hear this.. I'll trade you broken wrist for a super sore tailbone... wanna trade????please.
              Jo gee was reading about you dealing with spays and smells in cleaning products.. I too am allergic to chemicals that are in "smells"... My house does not have any in .. clorax ,diluted works everywhere I need a spot cleaned ,sanitized.
              Hi Bethina,, hope your ok.. short message... makes me worry about you.
              Hi to all who read and write that I missed responding to...
              my memory , the short recall part , is having fun with me these days... you know the kind, lay something down and cant find it 10 min later. agggggg
              the other memory game, is I will know everyone in a familiar family but ONE kid or the mothers name. wierd huh?.. getting, being old is not an easy thing......be kind to old people

Comment

Maye, scroll up one post here. It was my cleaning products that affect me. What they sprain was bug and rat poison. That is lethal stuff. It was the poisons they sprayed, not the scents, that did me in.
                When I recognized the smell, I had already been seeing a doctor for a few months about something like a burning rash on my hands. Every time they sprayed for pests, I’d get a new flare up. Then I put 2 + 2 together. The main pastor refused to get involved. I had no choice but to quit my job and my church. This was in Phoenix.

A few months later I was hospitalized for 27 days, and then they sent me home to die. Really. But I pulled through, sent to Tucson’s UofA hospital for further treatments; they stayed in touch with the big Mayo hospital in CA and the John Hopkins Hospital in the eastern state it’s in, in order to figure out what was going on in my body, and the best ways to treat it. They had a seminar, and my doc made a point of speaking first, changing the schedule. The ER people would see my records when I had to go in, and they’d be so excited that it was actually my case that was being revealed and studied in their classes, and could they bring other ER students in to see me......they all but asked for autographs. But they were respectful and let me rest and treated me well once they met me. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took some DNA samples for themselves.

I do know some people who are sensitive to scents. One is allergic to perfumes.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X