December 06, Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 06, Thursday

Good morning Rounders. It's only 40 degrees here and is supposed to go down to 34. Thank goodness I remembered that we needed to bring in the plants just as I was getting ready for bed. It may not freeze, but you never know.

Nothing on the TO DO list today. I will get out there and soak up a bit of sunshine though. I'm sending all of you sunshine too, especially Aunt Maye. You keep on keepin' on girl. I miss your posts. It's time for a cup of good coffee for me and play some games online.

I just came back online to post that DH and I had a hot bkfst of biscuits, gravy, and bacon. We also had a biscuit with strawberry preserves and butter. OMG that was good! The heat from the oven warmed it up in the house and the food warmed me up. We have not turned our heat on yet and I use every opportunity to heat up that oven in the mornings. Bye.

Last edited by karlinann; 12-06-2018, 05:53 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning....I have a horrible horrible cold!! its settled in my chest....

Work today and its my last day this week....Tommarrow is my annual Christmas shopping day with my Aunt 3 of my cousins and my mom and sister. I have most of my shopping done.

Mom and my cousin and my sister will be here tonight and we will all work on projects or they will work and I will lounge on the couch and watch....depends on how I feel and I want to be feeling up to going in the morning. I am not going to be a part of the shopping tonight....it sounds like mom isn't either.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      When I have something settled in my chest it usually means a trip to the doc and taking med to get rid of it. Take good care of yourself Beth. That sounds as if it could turn into something serious.

Good morning all.

Maxie, I did wish you a HB on your post yesterday. We are to get a mixer of "crap" today starting about noon. Have no plans of going out, so no problem with me.
    We did have a little bit of snow on the ground yesterday, but it was soon gone.

Cooked a pork roast yesterday, so now have to decide what to do with it. Thinking about cooking some rice to go with it for tomorrow, and maybe some mashed tatters for today.

So that's it from my small part of the country. Everyone have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Jostoy, I think some baked sweet potatoes and cooked apples would sit pretty with that pork roast. What say ye?

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't have either in the house. Does sound good with sweet potatoes though.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      That 'crap' has started here with more rain than mixture. Good news!!

Gosh this getting older and slower is killing me, LOL...

To Maxie, Happy Belated Birthday!! We are waiting on hubby's blood work results, she ask him why he never came back after his wellness report last year when they told him his A1C was kind of on the high side, he said because when they called me they told me all blood work was okay....so now we wait for his results from yesterday, I might be doing a whole new way of cooking also...bad thing is he has no clue if their are any diabetics in his biological side of the family as he was given over for adoption by him when his Mom remarried...

It is getting to the point that I am not getting as much done as I would like to, or remember to..This baking cookies and candy thing in quantities is not my thing for sure...The real estate person who own the company hubby works with ask me if I would do a cookie basket worth at least $50 for an auction they will have at their annual real estate luncheon for all the local realtors...I said yes and have spent two days buying and preparing what I am baking and how I am going to present it, it has to be in a basket...found a basket, bought two beautiful drying towels that are red green plaid to line the basket..and a couple of large cups with a pkg. of hot chocolate in each one to include in said basket...It is taking a considerable amount of time, this is happening next Wednesday, want to make my hubby proud. She has had things I have made in the past, I always send a decorative box filled with goodies to her each year so she knows I do bake, LOL...

jostoy, hope the arm feels better with a different cast and you are no longer giving a thumbs up..

Bethina, hope you feel better soon.
    Karliann, you breakfast made me hungry.
    Yes I do worry about Aunt Maye, as much as she has always worried about us...time for her to hire a housecleaner and take life as bit more easy..
    Paula I don't know how you manage to do all that you do, and be involved with so much and still keep up with so many of us..
    Donna, all I can say is you must truly love what you do, no way would I want to be doing this all the time, my floor looks like it has been sprinkled with dust, and my countertop has no more room...How are you orders doing for Christmas this year? Up or down from last year?

JoG, glad no transfusion was necessary.

Does anyone here get the shingles vaccine? My Dr. moved me to the top of the list at the medical center, they say they are having a hard time keeping or getting them and he told them that I HAD to have one..

Well it is time to get back to the kitchen and throw more flour around.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      No I do not because it is expensive and not covered by medicare...that I know of. I did get the pneumonia shot though. Of all the preventive vaccines out there I always thought the shingles would be top of the list for seniors.

Have no doubt your basket will be pride worthy! The school is having a fund raiser where each class makes a theme basket in February and ANdrew's class is lottery. How easy is that one? No baking or thinking!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to get the SV, but when I went to get it at Publix and handed them the Rx from my doc she told me it would be better to wait and get the newer one that was coming out soon. This was back in the spring. When I went back to get it she told me it would cost $80 and I said no way. I didn't get it. Just like Maxie says, Medicare does not cover it.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, on the cookie thing, I would make some of the simple peanut butter cookies and make them big girl. I'll put the recipe on the Kitchen forum a little later. Gotta run to the post office now.

Morning...no sun today and precipitation expected later on this morning. Depends on the temperature what type of precip we get. Anyone else notice how much this winter stinks?

Got a bright and early text from Andrew's mom to say she got a winter coat on him this morning. He is sneaking out mornings in just a hoodie and these mornings have has wind chills in the teens! Anyway, grandma has been on him and his dad got on his mom and this morning we have a winter coat, and according to his mom, a hostile boy. Tough!! Yesterday I ran to Penney's and picked up a couple of shirts and he would only try one on because he did not like the other. AND he does not want long sleeve shirts he wants short sleeve shirts. I swear he is a furnace. When he walks into a room he warms it up...but you know there are things you have to surrender to like wearing a coat. So today I will go through the sale rack and see about short sleeve shirts. Plus I am having a major problem with sizing. Andrew is to big for a boys XL...a man's small is to big and husky sizes look ridiculous on him. Shoes are the same...he is on the borderline of boys and mans. I have always loved buying the grands clothes but Andrew is becoming a pain with his sizing and questionable style.

But I guess if my grandson's taste in clothing in all the problem I have today then it will be a good day. No idea what we have for supper. I mean I got nothing. How did I plan meals for a family when I cannot think of enough meal's to cover a week. Surely we did not eat the same thing's every week...well, maybe...can't remember! So guess I will throw another meal on my son to fix. I am liking his vacation!!!

Can you enjoy a funeral? I was so impressed with yesterdays. Was it the decency and respect along with the actual beauty of the all the pomp? I loved seeing the ex presidents and wives sitting together...and then that other on the end. To snub the now oldest living president, Carter, was so disrespectful. But then my son said maybe he didn't know who he was. hummm.

I also have no plans for today other than maybe shirt shopping depends on weather. Beth I love girls shopping days. Hope you feel better soon. The only way we would eat a great breakfast like that around here would be if someone came in and served us. For some reason I have been typing for a while so I am sure others have come on line. Thanks for the birthday wishes and hope you all have a sunny warm day...not here cuz winter stinks!!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      You and your son just cracked me up! I did thnk Rosalyn looked uncomfortable there. And the body language was something else!
      The sweet stories just made it wonderful!
      I do enjoy some funerals...the kind that fill you in on a great life and wish you knew the person even better than you did.
      Our funeral Saturday will not be such . I am just hopeing to bring some comfort to the brothers and sisters and his father.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, I'm so sorry I forgot to wish you a belated birthday. I post so early in the morning, but I do go back and catch up and I did see you write about your B'Day. I am so dense sometimes. Anyway, girl I hope you kicked up your heels and let your hair down on your big day. Whoot, whoot! Maxie you R-O-C-K!!!!!!!!!

Mmmm, the things cooking at Karlinann's and Jostoy's make me wish I had time for biscuits and gravy and had a pork roast to cook.
    It is chilly out here. I will turn up the heat in a bit when I go to turn on the lights for the daycare room.

the first message I got this morning after turning on the phone was my granddaughter Rylie was accepted to BYU-Idaho! It was the only college she had applied to because she really want to go there. My son and her mom went there and she has visited the campus so she knows what to expect (Wind and far away!) We used to tell people here (when they asked where it was) You drive to Wells, Nevada and turn left and keep going. Witness protection territory, if you ask me! She has played soccer for high school and rugby in a state champion team so she will be moving around enough to stay warm. Such exciting news to wake up to.

No rain for today and the sun should make for some outside time...wet grounds but no puddles. I can do that! The big kids know not to sit in any water but those two toddlers...

I will check in and see how you are all getting on...
    Beth, take it easy today to shop tomorrow. I have a pair of boots to find for a girl and a few other gifts. I thought I was done but some of the things I was Thinking of buying I haven't actually hit Buy, I guess. Back to Amazon I go!

Take care and see you all soon!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw your message on fb then I could not get it back to reply...I am really computer stupid and no one else is up yet this morning. Anyway. I love love LOVE that picture and we are going to use it. Who else but a 12 year old boy would appreciated that? And what sick mind thought of that? Hilarious! Keep those ideas coming!!!

Congrats to your niece.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, congrats to your niece.

Good morning.
    Cannot believe I slept in til 8 a.m.! I did waken at 4 with a need to get up for a bit.

PT went well yesterday. Too well, perhaps. After a bit when I left my legs began to feel “unhinged” for the rest of the afternoon. We went to the movies, had a slice of pizza in the food court for lunch. Worst ever pizza.
    Then the movie (The Crimes of Griffenwood) wasn’t really all that great. I like the character Newt, but most of the movie my mind doesn’t accept, as the orders of various scenes went back and forward so quickly and vaguely. Overall, the waving of wands and spellcastings were more than the puffs of smoke and silly changing of things no longer play a part. It’s huge balls of shadow and/or colors and very loud sounds ((like kids’ action films of today), which all startled and confused me. And one critic was right for sure.....far too many subplots to make sense of it all.
    These Fantastic Beasts movies are the prequel to the Harry Potter movies.

When we left the movies and were were driving home, the sky was almost an extension of the movie. The sun was beginning to set, and the clouds were really lit up in bright shining silver on shades of gray. A large “puff” of cloud looked so much like one of the beast’s heads - the biggest beast in the movie - with a zigzag effects of its expanded mouth and teeth where the sun was setting in brightness. E laughed and said something about a movie that actually stays with you. The effect of it was amazing and lasted quite a long time, for a sunset.

Supper last night was just toast and a hot drink because neither of us was hungry.

Right now it’s about 50°, with a chance to still warm up a bit more. Rain is expected today and tomorrow, so we are in for another overcast day or two.....pretty dreary for here, but we do need the rain. I hope it’s a good decent rain this time. The last rain measured only 1/8”.

Oh yes, Boffler....the shingles vaccine! There is a flu shot for seniors that covers flu, pneumonia, and shingles. That’s what E sets us up for when we go for flu shots.

Maye, if you are reading, I hope you soon will feel back to normal.

To everyone, ☀️ have a very good day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula I mailed the baskets out today. You should get them soon and I hope you like them.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

good evening !!!!

(Karlin thanks for looking for my post,, todays is kind of depressing tho)

I am reading , I am improving...can now get legs bent and up high enough to get slacks on ...and settingbetter ... but twisted getting out of the car. and put too much pressure on the SPOT and it let me know that tailbones take TIME, lots of time to get better..

with that in mind. Christmas shopping depression has set in.. I don't like shopping ( except for groceries)...and thinking of stuff for my adult "children"..
        all suggestions are welcome!.. Karen has helped by making suggestion for the Grandkids. and will also go buy ( I pay) whatever her idea of a fun gift ( I will add a card with money).. I do have a small tree in the attic , with the lights and some bulbs on it.. son Mark can just bring it down and set on the stand in front of the living room window.. this might be the last year I do this stuff..... I think that 68 years of decorating, baking, etc etc is long enough... I sound like the Grinch LOL LOL... but actually ,Im just Tired.,tired, tired..

lets think happy.... we did shop a little today.. David picked out his stuff.. and I got some more groceries. Ha.. Had lunch out ..got some cards for special people on my list.. decided what to do/get for a couple of the adult kids.. so feeling a little more cheerful... .... also read that the Short Days are just about over. next week we start adding minutes to our daytime hours. yea!!!!!!..

Paula..Happy for your granddaughter!
        JoG.. we don't go to movies anymore.. sound is on much too high!!. I don't even care to watch tv movies.. would rather read... Are the tickets expensive where you go?... they are here..
        Maxie,, when I went to high school. rode the bus. and there was one guy, senior, who did not wear a coat, just a plain shirt. no matter how cold.. he was
        an orphan who lived with a farm family. he had coats ,but said he did not feel the cold.. was healthy????.

Sharon , thanks for worrying about me, I know you all care.. and that means so much to me... This getting "old". is really crappy... I feel like im moving in a low gear all the time... the forgetfulness,, especially names. and the instant recall is the worse... where did I lay that "whatever" down ?.. the "I know I bought Salad dressing, where is it?".. grrrrrrr... most of the time I'm all here, and thank God, I still drive.. because I don't want DAvid to drive.. I will just take it One Day at a Time...

I may never get back to Normal , ... but today was better than yesterday... tomorrow I go for hearing test... ears are ringing so bad. and I'm missing out on hearing certain levels of sound...

see you tomorrow..

Comment

Maye, the movie theater here has a discount and a senior discount day (Mondays & Tuesdays) on tickets. The rest of the week has other discounts. Last time I looked, every day had discounted popcorn or other snacks. We have reclining seats in all the theaters at the mall, maybe other cinemas as well. We didn’t go on a discount day, so it was $15 for the both of us.
          One of the movie theaters in the mall has a 3D theater, plus another theater that has special effects setup where you think you feel the engines and blasts and such through the chairs. These theaters cost significantly more. Once was enough for us.
          The Roadhouse theaters (not cheap, no discounts) were first to have plush reclining seats and the usher who seats you gives you Menus...you have a call button he responds to and they come take your order. They serve small meals. Try eating that food in a reclined chair! You leave with food stains.

Some areas in other towns do have Dollar cinemas. I haven’t noticed that we have any here.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X