Monday, November 26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, November 26

I climbed the ladder yesterday while DH was gone playing Pickleball and scooped the leaves out of the gutter at the back of our house. I did not get finished, but DH said he will finish it today. We were trying to wait until all the leaves came down, but there are still hundreds of leaves on that Water Maple and we'll just have to do it again when they finally come down. Those leaves had already started decomposing and the drain is completely stopped up on the one side. DH said he would get them out. Pssstt! I was not supposed to be climbing the ladder alone. It's not safe with my bad knee and the tunnels in the ground from the moles, plus I have Vertigo. Thank goodness I was not having a Vertigo spell and I made sure the ladder was firmly placed before going up. I had to brace it once with a paver, but still I took a big risk. When I get back from the dentist this morning we will finish it together.

Oh, the dentist. I detest going there. They want me to come every 3 months, but I told them I can't afford that. $90 for a cleaning. They also want to do more crowns and I distinctly remember the pain of that from 2006. Hope my teeth are not in a bad shape. I've been brushing with a special Rx toothpaste for a year besides the cleanings and trying to protect what I have left.

So, the plumber is hopefully coming today. My contractor is supposed to come also to give me a bid on the tile in the shower. I hope he can replace the floor tile and not break the tile around the walls. The walls and ceiling tile are fine and I really don't want a total remodel.

Yesterday I made coleslaw, baked beans, ribs, and baked sweet potatoes for dinner. Yum! Ok, I confess, the only thing I made was the coleslaw from scratch. The rest of the meal was from the grocery. Which reminds me, have you tried the Pumpkin Pecan or Raspberry Peach instant oatmeal from Aldi's. OMG is it good! My fav is the PP. Try it!

Have you checked out the free games at aarp.org? I'm addicted to Landing Party and Word Wipe. For all those Scrabble fans there is Outspell. Awesome!
    Last edited by karlinann; 11-26-2018, 02:24 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Shame on you Karliann for taking the chance on that ladder being by yourself, shame, shame, LOL..

We also have lots of leaves that need taken care of but they are still to wet right now...

Hubby and son finished putting the steel ceiling in the pole barn yesterday and was even able to blow the insulation in. Sure appreciate our son coming down from MI three days in a row to help him...Have made sure to have a good supper fixed each day.

Both the kitties are wanting breakfast this morning but since one is not allowed to eat the other one suffers also, appt. at 9:20 for Sam to be sedated, will give the Rufus food once Sam is in the carrier ready to go...Almost got my tree all decorated yesterday, then my back started hurting so bad I stopped so will get that finished today,

jostoy, how are you doing these days? Any bites on the house yet? Was hoping you would be on your merry way to IN to stay for winter...

Not much else planned today except to try and get the rest of the Christmas decorating done...I made some of those smell good ornaments and they do smell good on the tree.

Well time to get my day started...

Got caught up with all that everyone has been doing, you guys have sure been busy...

Karliann I am not a gamer at all except a game on Euchre sometimes...but thanks for the info..know all about the cost of dentistry, hubby is going through the same thing right now, that would be gum disease and trying to save his teeth. Special mouth wash, etc. he said since I bought him the water pik it has helped more than the Sonic toothbrush...

Last edited by boffler; 11-26-2018, 07:33 AM.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...Headed back to work after 4 days off...I didn't want to get out of bed this morning....I did though...I am super thankful for my family and drama we don't have...My coworker that I share a station with at work called me yesterday and I asked her how working on Thanksgiving was...she never made it there...she got a call from the police to come get her daughters...There was domestic involving the x. My friend and her x share holidays with the kids...its the only time their dad wants them at all...Any ways he and his girl showed up to get the girls and as soon as the girls were in the car started taking shots...the police were called and the dad and girl friend took off knowing the police were coming...but not before he hit one of the girls...I feel horrible for them.

After work the plan is to play with my instapot...

Comment

Good Morning! It's a wet one here...ducks will love it.

Yesterday was a busy one. We went to church & SS, then I stayed to help with the Meat & Greet lunch. We tried something different. We provided all the fixings for tacos. It was a big hit. Very little leftover. Got home about 2pm, and started on the food for cards. Made potato salad & sloppy joes. Got a little nap in before having to leave.

Picked up Mom & Aunt P on the way. We had a nice evening with lots of laughs. I was informed that I'll be hosting the Christmas family gathering. My SIL is hosting her whole family on Christmas Eve and my Mom who normally hosts it was informed by my other brother who lives with her that they were NOT having it. My Mom is having the boys remodel her downstairs bathroom, and my brother said that we can't all be there with that mess & only having 1 bathroom to use. REALLY? Who cares. Whatever. The grandkids will all be disappointed because tradition is being broken, but that's tough. Guess I might have to decorate a little more this year. LOL!

No school today. In this area it's the first day of deer hunting season, and for probably the last 45 years they've scheduled the day off. I remember before they started doing that, that attendance was very low that day, so the district finally gave up fighting it. Blaise came over around 7am, and I kicked him back to bed....too early! Today Becca will be coming down for her dog. Oliver has been good for the most part. The cats have got use to him. He listens better to me than Corky. I think because his owner is a female. Not sure when she's coming. She just finished up working 48 hrs in the past 4 days, so she'll be sleeping in a bit this morning. Sat & Sun were 16 hr days.

Me...I'm hoping to clean up a bit more around here. I definitely didn't accomplish what I wanted over the weekend. I MIGHT take Blaise to the movies this afternoon.

Have a good one all!

So good to see you back Sharon! You've been missed. Jostoy...I gave up trying to have a perfect looking house for showings with kids & animals messing up all the time. I had it looking presentable. We had two houses on the market at the same time 3 1/2 hrs ago. A wee bit stressful. Just kept reminding ourselves of God's plan & His perfect timing. Karliann...WHAT?!?! Up on that ladder when home alone. Hopefully Aunt J shows up here today. Her company left Saturday, so she might finally have the time & energy to pop in.

Have a good one!

Comment

Morning! What a strange day yesterday was weather wise. Rained most of the day but was warmish then around 5 we turn on the news to see we are under a tornado warning with a funnel spotted in the sky...that passes with heavy rain and horrible winds and then the snow starts. Sierra came from work around 1AM and she said visibility was horrible with the wind blowing the snow. The ground is white but only with a covering but Jon called to say the roads are icy...wind chill this morning is 15. Far cry from just needing a sweatshirt yesterday! Sure am glad there is nothing going on with the climate and our already having more winter than we have had in several years put together. Winter stinks!

Andrew will be back after school and Jon is back to work so things are getting back to normal around here. This will be Sierra's 5th day in a row to work and they never let them get in 40 hours so she should be off the rest of the week. Classes start back up for her tomorrow. I like normal...but Jon only works 3 then is off on vacation. He doesn't bother me being home cuz I don't see him a lot and if I head out someplace he is pretty good about driving. Plus...he cooks!!

Yesterday I caught up on all the ironing...ALL of it! Even caught up on the stray rug or whatever that gets tossed to the side in the laundry room. Tonight ANdrew and I will wrap the gifts he picked up for his mom and sister at the Yule Cabin and he can put them under his tree. I know it is up because mom had pictures on face book of them cutting it down. Donna I think that is so funny about deer season. I guess if you can't lick em join em! Geeze Karlinann guess we will have to worry about you like we do Jostoy with ladder climbing...why do you two hate leaves so much? Do not bother us around here! Beth good to have you back home. Boffler so happy to have you back among us. After all the cooking I think you need a meal out!

Going to be a cold couple of days around here and I have a nice oven meal planned for tonight...pork chops and wild rice. Tomorrow is meal loaf and some of that corn on the cob we froze last summer. All the meal planning I have done! Have a wonderful day each and every one of you. I am going to sweep the porch of leaves and snow. Sierra needs to drive home to get her car worked on this morning then will be off to work so hope the sun comes out to melt some of this crappola. Did I say winter stinks?!

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie I don't hate the leaves, I love them. They are gold for the garden. The thing is they stop up the downspouts and that will make an overflow and either tear up your gutters or it will cause leaks. I think we are going to go ahead and cut that tree down. It's rotten at the base and halfway up and when the wind blows hard it just sways like it's going to pop. If we have another Irma it will come down on our house.

Good morning.

OMG! Karlinann, I’m glad you are okay, and didn’t have a serious incident occur on the ladder. And yes, I know the expenses of the dentist. Just had a couple mishaps with my new dentist, and won’t go back. They pulled 2 teeth, and I bled for hours.....a few days later I saw my oncologist and needed a blood infusion! He was supposed to remake my denture, but it didn’t even resemble the old one, it didn’t really fit and I sneezed and it went flying. I have a temporary partial, which I’m not supposed to use when eating, and that doesn’t fit right either. I don’t use it. We paid the big bucks up front (now I know why), but the refund was a pittance.

Sharon, good luck with Sam at the vet’s. I hope he will be okay.

Beth, gunshots? I hope the mom can keep the ex away from her girls. I hope the girl who was hit will be okay.

Cookie, you always have a full schedule, be it working or with family. I wonder how much time we will get with our kids when we move back to Phoenix? More, I hope.

I do hope joystoy gets her house sold soon.
          I will be wishing much the same on our house, when we move. But with an Amazon facility being built nearby, plus the legal cannis farm going in nearby as well, and a Raytheon facility just a 10 minute drive down the road, I think it will go quickly enough. Plus the major streets in any direction around our neighborhood being fixed up won’t hurt. They are also building up shopping centers, fast food restaurants, and medical facilities at the next exit from ours, will be a good thing.

Not much new here. I am not having one of my best days today, but that will pass.

Hope your day goes beautifully ☀️, though.

We were typing together again , Maxie.
          Last edited by JoGee; 11-26-2018, 10:10 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Just heard school was cancelled today because of ice on the secondary roads. Face book concurs the roads are slick. That means no cooking today and I am a day ahead on meal planning. My phrase for the next several months is WINTER SUCKS!

Comment

I forgot to mention, yesterday I made a really delicious fruit spread. E was going to toss a few apples out because the skins were no longer smooth. I cut them up and put them in a pot with some water, thinking “applesauce”. Then I saw some dark plums and cut them up too. (I was always told that the vitamins were mostly in the skins.) As this cooked I decided to extend that with some frozen strawberries and blackberries. Added some sugar and thickened it with cornstarch. Took my power stick to the lot to mash the fruits and peelings. It’s a nice spread, a bit thinner than jam, but thicker than syrup. It is soooooooooo good. I do the measuring by eye, because it generally turns out better than following recipes. Anyway, even E likes it, so I know it will go quickly.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
                karlinann commented
                Editing a comment
                Yum! What time is French Toast in the morning?

I was busy till my last free minute this morning. I have someone coming to pick up a crib I have never used and an alphabet floor mat I ordered and a box of books for a daycare provider whose house burned.
              Mat church yesterday I was asked about a small high chair and bassinets and drive them to where a family is staying. I needed my phone GPS! Another friend is letting this little family live in a Mother in law house behind theirs free! They live in a beautiful walnut orchard with gorgeous yellow leaves.

i also wanted to move an area play rug in the daycare and really clean under it,

baby is not happy, I will check back

Comment

Working...
              X