Sunday, November 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, November 25

Good morning peeps! I slept on and off because I took a sinus pill. My nose is unstopped, but I had nightmares.

Also, I must have pulled my back out yesterday. It has been hurting since yesterday afternoon. I'll put an icy/hot patch on it.

DH and I went to Lowe's and found a Delta shower kit. It was $89. Wow! They have sure gone up since I bought that set for the Pine Run remodel in 2016. It's nice though and hopefully will last the rest of our lives.

Hope all of you injured folks heal quickly. Have a restful day and peace be with you.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning.
    Our weather will be sunny, going from the low[/mid 40’s to the low 70°’s for the next few days. Rain is in the forecast later this week.

I have been awake since before 5 a.m., but just got out of bed. I feel tired, but hope I’ll be more fully awake soon. I never do get back to sleep once I first awaken. There are a few things I’d like to get done today. But first, I want my hot tea and a bite of breakfast.
    Speaking of breakfast, I’d forgotten I bought a box of pumpkin breakfast bars at Trader Joe’s. I liked the box. It says “”A pumpkin walked into a bar...”. Too good to pass up. Each individual bar wrapper says the same thing. Plus, they taste really good.

Stuff to sort today....there’s a ton of it. Plus laundry to do as well. Need to go through cupboards soon, too. Hope I can hold up and get a bunch done before my old bones start complaining. My sit-down job will be writing out next month’s birthday and holiday cards. Maybe I can get to reading later on today, we will see.

I hope that all of you have a nice Sunday. Keep warm. Be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning to all...been awhile, just so much going on and the older I get the slower I go, mind and body.

Had a good Thanksgiving, but agree a whole lot of cooking and clean up is getting harder to do. We smoked a turkey and it was the best I have had in a very long time, only bought a 14 lb. one and 9 lb. semi boneless ham...I sent leftovers home with son and brother in law...now on to the next holiday..

I use to enjoy holidays so much, but now it has gotten to be a real depressing time, can't please everyone and so much tension and expectations...I would just love to stay home and enjoy my decorations and music..

Hubby and son are installing a metal roof in the pole barn, he has driven down from MI everyday to help, this will be his third day driving down, they finish around 6:00 each day and I have supper prepared and keeping warm in oven..but today I need to get out to the store and buy something to prepare, thinking something barbecued sounds good.

I have started my Christmas shopping but have a ways to go yet to be done, hoping to get finished soon. Also need to get busy on doing some Christmas cards, but first I must finish decorating...

Karliann so nice to see you back here again...

One of my kitties is having a balance problem they have seen him but to really find out what is going on tomorrow they will sedate him and get a better look in his ears and some blood work...It cost more in vet bills than it does Dr. bills..

Well time to have some coffee and read the news.

I need to go back and read and see what everyone has been up to..
      Last edited by boffler; 11-25-2018, 08:35 AM.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Boffler for the nice welcome back! It sounds like your kitty may have an ear infection. They will give you the ear drops to put in. My cat had it once. Bar B Que sounds great! What time is dinner?

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was at my son's I was shocked at what vets n MD charge! The first vet told them 650.00 for a spay and they decided on one that quoted them 450.00. All of my big dog friends were shocked when I told them.

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        karliann he has had antibiotics, special blended ear drops just in case his eardrum was ruptured, nothing has helped but he is not a nice kitty when cornered per say, so they want to sedate him so they can have a good look, and since he has some balance issues they are looking for something else that could be wrong...he was so sick for awhile he hid in the drawer of the washer or dryer, couldn't hear, etc. that is better but he still has something wrong..

Boffler....it’s so good to see you back posting! (Hugs!)

Now, I really HAVE TO ask..... about that turkey you guys smoked. How did you keep it lit???

Sorry your kitty is so sick. I hope the vet can fix him up.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        JoG we have an electric smoker so you set the temp you want, load the woodchips, close the door and let it cook..
        It was delicious, I had brined it for 24 hrs. then used a seasoning that was a recipe from my first Mother in law...everyone loved it, have to say it was delicious...after it is browned really good you lay bacon strips on top of it, wrap in foil and continue cooking..

Good morning..I am still in bed...I don’t really need to be up for another hour. Coriander was so glad to see me last night.

Bible Study after while then helping friends move

Comment

Good morning! Good to see you back Sharon. I am very happy to have given the holiday meals away. Only thing I missed is the leftovers!!

Cleaned up the kitchen yesterday so all wrapping things are gone and all wrapped things hidden away. There is an old train someone brought up and is sitting on the couch but that will be gone soon. I may not be the cleanest person in the world but I do want neat and a train on the couch is not neat. But I gotta admit when he brings up an old train it is a trip down memory lane. When the boys were little their father and I would sit in the dark with just the tree lights and he would run a train. Their father loved the trains and I am so happy Jon and Drew do too. However, the new engines are made to be lifelike and are pretty darn noisy!

Today I have no plans. Nothing at all that I have to do. Have not ironed in a while and I could do that but maybe I need a day off? I am back to cooking tomorrow so could plan some meals. Sierra needs something done on her car but if I come up the money for the part her friend will do the work. As long as that friend is not her idiot boyfriend! I do not trust him to get a fork full of food into his mouth let alone take a tool to her (my) car. I am so happy his mother loves him but very unhappy that it seems my granddaughter does too.

All the bad weather is going north of us with just a rain/snow mixture for tonight. I'm ready for Spring!

Comment

good morning and happy to see so many posts.

Yesterday was a fun local shopping day. At one shop we were ordering and planning so no bags on the way out, but money was left. Becky took in her cap from her community college graduation for the shop owner to practice decorating for her Chico cap and graduation. She found a saying she likes and wants it put on top of her cap with some flowers or something. I said we would pay twice: once for the practice and then for the real thing.

Went to dinner about 30 miles sown the road and talked and laughed and just enjoyed being with friends.

Today our temperatures will get up into the high 60's and it is sunny. Rain will be back by Tuesday the day I have to drive to the airport to pick up my mother. I had to take the day off and I am not saying exactly why to the daycare parents. I do not want to upset any of them. But I did tell my mom and my brother I can not take off any more days for airport pick ups. She will have to fly Saturdays and that is more expensive, but it is what it is. We have no affordable way to get to the airport anymore.

I hope you all have a relaxing day! We totally go the tree up and decorated and (this is a big one) all of the tubs that held ornaments back into the shed. And the shed is now much better organized and it will be easier to put things away. I have ornaments deep in the branches and berries and snowflakes throughout and it is all red and white. the best is the fake snow on the tips of the branches looks really good.

I bought extra salt yesterday to start the salt dough handprints for the kids to make and give.
          I am also expecting a visit from the licensing agent so I need to be on my game for that. The bad thing is her timing is usually when we are having naptime...babies will be hard to deal with if that happens.

Again, hope all goes well today. Play some Christmas music and smile! You all make me smile!

Comment

Working...
          X