Saturday, November 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, November 24th

Hey Rounders. I slept in today! So, our precious volunteer could not fix the valve, but we paid him the $5 anyway for his efforts. The valve is too worn out with rust inside from the limestone deposits over the years. The guy could not get it off.

One of my neighbors turned me on to a good plumber who is not out to make millions and they will send someone Monday. Meantime the drip is still going strong and we have 2 more days to go. We've already carried out a 5 gallon bucket of water. Plumbers don't consider a drip an emergency, but I sure would like to use my shower instead of that guest bath/shower. Also, they are not worried about the water bill.

Today we are going shopping at Lowe's to get a new valve/shower head kit. That one is for sure worn out and I suspect that what the plumber has on his supply truck will cost us a fortune. If they refuse to use it we can take it back.

So I've written another book. OMG, I almost forgot to tell you. Our Poinsettias are turning red. Yes, I can't believe it! We got them from a neighbor last Christmas and there was 4 plants in the pot. I waited until danger of frost was past and put them in the garden and I knew they liked the sun and would do fine. You can imagine the shock when I walked past them and glanced over and saw the red. I have never had this to happen. The frost will kill them though. We will enjoy them while we can.

Have a great day Rounders!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good DREARY Morning.....again. We had 2 mornings with some sunshine.

I thought yesterday was going to be relaxing. I went to town in the morning. Went to the bank & 2 grocery stores, then home. Got things put away then laid down for a nap. I had a 1000 lb dog lay on the couch with me. I did get some sleep though, then back to the kitchen to start getting things ready for dinner at my brothers. I was just warming up leftovers, but needed to simmer the bones so I could make more gravy and broth for the add'l noodles I needed to make. There wasn't enough coleslaw or veggies left either, so had to make more of both of those too. Promised an apple pie, so made that. My kitchen looked the same as it did Thursday. Had a nice visit with everyone there. The girls went downstairs & watched Greatest Showman, and us older ladies played cards. Barely got in the door & Kathy called wanting to discuss Christmas Eve/Day and Blaise staying. REALLY? I just wanted to sit down. Corky blessed me with a clean kitchen sink...he had driven separately.

This morning I plan to pick up around here. I THOUGHT I'd have another day w/o Blaise, but nooooooooo…..one of Kathy's many phn calls last night was to inform me I needed to come pick up Blaise by 1pm today because she needs sleep before going to work tonight. Anyways, I'll do that & probably take him out to lunch on the way home. My friend Lori is coming for a visit later this morning. Oops....Kathy just text. I'm leaving here shortly to go get Blaise. So instead of getting 3 full days, I got a day & a few hours.

I'm going to spend some time organizing these plastics covering the new table. Give me a flat spot, and I'll cover it with junk! LOL!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all.

I did absolutely nothing yesterday except I did take at least a 2 hour nap. That is unheard of for me. But on Thanksgiving morning, I did clean out my guttering, and then blew the leaves into the yard, then got my rider out and mulched everything up.

Guess I was tired from all the going up and down the extention ladder. I know I had to rest a couple times before getting the gutters clean. Yesterday and today, the muscles on my thighs are so sore. But again, I didn't see a line at the end of my drive waiting to help, so I had to get them cleaned before it rained last night.

We're like you Donna...dreary and wet. Sure glad I'm not a person trying to get home from the west or east. Have you seen that traffic and snow in the west, and the ice that is heading East? That's why I don't travel on Holidays.

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        You were doing all that climbing around in a cast? Call a lawn service and they will send out a nice young man with two good hands. You do more in a day than most people think about doing in a week!! Take care please...

Good morning...Heading home at some point today! I will be so glad to have my own bed..and space and to see my kitty! The visit with my parents has been wonderful!!

I am hoping my instapot will be here beforeI leave. It was my big Christmas gift to myself...I am so excited to be getting it.

I will share custody of it with my mother and sister. They both want to try mine before getting there own. Does anyone here have one?

Comment

Sun this morning after raining the entire day yesterday. We did not let the weather stop us from our appointed chores though...did the outside running and now the kitchen table is full of wrapping supplies but everything I have here is finished. Today I will sort out the gift cards and Sierra's I will stick in a box and wrap...gifts go into boxes and get wrapped around here. Those to the nieces and nephews will go into cards and I even have those bought.

I have laundry in the machine and the dryer and need to iron a work shirt for Sierra to wear today. Jon and Drew are going to a Train Show so will be gone and I can do whatever I want to do. Blues won last night and play again tonight so I have that to look forward to. I have never seen a poinsettia except in a pot and would love to see one in the ground. Good luck with your plumber Karlinann...I don;t see any reason for him to not use your shower head..no water shut off for the leaking shower? Cookie how nice your husband cleaned up the kitchen for you. I do understand about needing a few days to yourself. I have the luxury of going to visit my sister or send out a call for a shopping date. Those days we take off are mental health days and any one of us will send out the notice that we need one! You are doing a great thing but take care of yourself!

Found this tin of cookies someone brought in so thinking it is my duty to empty it...never know when you will need an empty tin. Need another cup of coffee and will see if I can find some weather. Laying off the news this weekend. I need a break from the incompetence and buffoonery. Hallmark is my solace! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your thnking: never know when you will need a tin!
          'I take more breaks from the news than I listen to...

Good morning, everyone.
        A sunny day ahead here. I have the furnace set to 75°. It will hit 71° outside at some point this afternoon, but it’s 40° right now. I should have no complaints with this weather, but I’m so often cold. For me it’s long-sleeve weather, sweater weather, and definitely socks. I find that socks will usually stabilize my body heat.
        No particular plans for today. Just need to get up out of my chair and get busy with stuff.

karlinann, it’s always exciting to see new flowers blooming.

Cookie, you are far too busy. I bet you will sleep through Christmas. What kind of dog is there, a Mastiff?

Jostoy, you are also too busy. How is that hand doing?

Beth, I bet your kitty misses you, and will be so glad to see you.

To everyone, have a very good day. ☀️

Maxie, I guess we were typing together again.
        The cookies sound good. Yum! I thought about getting some yesterday, but it turned out E brought home 2 pies, not 1. Plus chocolates. So we really don’t need cookies. (Drool)
        Last edited by JoGee; 11-24-2018, 10:10 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          The wrist hurts less each day. Since I can't take ANYTHING for pain, it's a matter of a little adjusting to the way I'm holding it or the way it's laying. I see a surgeon next Friday. The Dr. Wednesday said it looked more like 3 days out instead of 10 when it came to the swelling and color. No matter, it's what it is.

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          A man who provides sweets? I am certainly picking the wrong people to visit!!!

Let's hope I don't forget what all I want to say in response to our posts: it seems when I scroll back up to read is when my post will disappear.
        Karlinann, when I lived in San Diego we had super big pointsettias growing outside, like as big as a hydrangea grows around here.
        And I have bought faucets for my plumber to install and he always okays that. I finally found a good and reasonable plumber, too. Before I had a good one, but pretty high priced. Then I found my current one whose wife used to do daycare so he really understands I need things fixed fast when there is a plumbing problem.

It is not raining today and I have plans for shopping Small Business Saturday today. And getting the tubs out of the shed out back.
        I do to want the empty tubs sitting around so it is a double duty kind of thing and would not be hard except nothing is put in there very well...shocker, right? Too often, I am in such a hurry, I just stack and shove. The only tubs that are well placed and orderly are the ones full of my friend's Precious Moments figurines and ornaments...don't get me started on that.
        Anyway, today is going to be a fun day.

I decided to go to Walmart yesterday (I know I said tis) and the red and white Christmas blanket I put on the sofa (to cover the brown ) looks so good. The little dogs really like it. I also bought a galvanized container to put our throws in for the hearth and put new pillows on the chairs. then a friend posted a picture of her sofa with all her new pillows on it...I will not be posting a picture now

My friend from college I always go visit in UT was texting about decorating her tree yesterday and then I got a text she was in the
        ER. She had fallen and broke her wrist! A bad compression fracture that will require surgery. This is second wrist break; she got tripped by their dog and fell on a sidewalk a couple of years ago.

Beth, you will have to let us know how that Instapot works out for you. The friends who have them are always posting how much they like theirs.

Ok, like always I have to force myself to get up and leave this great place. You are all such good friends!
        Take care and get a little rest (Donna, you know who we are talking about!)
        Jostoy, you are amazing in all you do and how you keep such a great attitude.
        Maxie, Hallmark is my happy place...even when I can predict the outcome and not really impressed with the acting!
        JoG, chocolates! What a great guy E is!
        Karlinann, so happy to see your font every morning and all your updates.
        Beth, there is no place like Home, right?
        Donna, just the little baking that goes on here is enough to keep me in awe of you! And then you do so much more!
        Maye, hope you check in later. I have decided to start knitting or crocheting more.

The danger for me of mentioning everyone is forgetting someone.
        But I want you all to know how much I appreciate your efforts to be here and share your day with us!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered Christmas throw pillow covers for the couch this year and they really added a festive touch. Such an inexpensive way to change a look. When Scott work for the airline they would decorate their desks and he had my sister make a huge red stocking to hang on his...it dragged the floor! It was so cute I had her make enough for me to hang on the bedroom doors so every bedroom has a huge red stocking as a decoration. They look so holidayish when you walk down the hall. I could not find the name tags this year but I am sure each person knows their own room. It is those little things that add so much..in my opinion anyway!
      Working...
      X