Wednesday, 11/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, 11/21

New day peeps! How are you? I have been up since 1 am. I only need about 5 hrs sleep.

My agenda today is blank, but I always find something to do even if it's just to walk outside and look at my garden.

Nothing happening here. Tell me what's up in your neck of the woods! Gobble, gobble!#%^
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

Good Lord, Karli, I thought you and hubby were retired. Retired people are suppose to sleep in. Although, it took me about 2 years before I got my "inner alarm" changed after I retired.

Today I'm up early because I have to go to the Ortho clinic about my wrist. I have to be in Vincennes at eight my time. So that's why I'm still not under the covers.

It takes me longer to get dress and even to do everything with 1 hand being "bound down".

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jostoy. We are both retired, but I cannot get myself reconditioned. I've tried everything, even staying up very late, but after one day I'm right back to the getting up early. Sorry about your hand or limb impairment. What happened?

Good DREARY Morning! It's spitting a little bit of snow.

I just needed to sit down for a few minutes. I'm running a rat race right now. Yesterday Sue came and we mixed up, rolled, and filled many pies. There will be a total of 31 I think when it's all said & done. When then dipped dozens of Buckeyes...YUM! I roasted 3 turkeys yesterday for the church's Thkg meal tomorrow. There is another couple who is slicing them all down tonight, so I'm not doing that part. I did pull some of the bones last night & simmered them all night for more broth for gravy.

I've got some pies in the oven already. They aren't coming out as pretty as the smaller pies I did all Summer. Sue forgot to sugar a few of the tops, and that's kind of my "signature". Made sure I gave this next batch in the oven some sugar for good measure. During one of these bakings, I hope to meet my partner in organizing all this food at the church. I'll give him the cooked turkeys and broth. I don't have time to run clear down to the church this morning.

I've been debating about whether to roast my turkey today or tomorrow morning. Thing I'll prep it all tonight & have Cork keep an eye on it while I'm busy at the church. I have to be there around 7am tomorrow. We aren't having the meal here tomorrow. I cook a lot of it, then take it to my brother's. I just can't handle cooking AND cleaning after today's mess. Wonder Woman is not my name.

Just got an email from someone wanting pies for tomorrow. I don't know how to use that two letter word. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning off to work in a bit...then after work the eye doctors...and then walmart..then home to finish packing my suitcase for the week end...I am leaving tonight and I won't be home until Saturday sometime...I will leave extra food and water for my kitty. She should be fine...I was a bit worried about her yesterday as she kept me up most of the night before just moewing...for no reason. Last night she was fine and let me sleep...maybe her belly hurt the night before.

I am going to my parents with my sister and her family until Saturday. I am pretty excited we have a few things planned other than Thanksgiving dinner...we will go for coffee...and go visit my my granny..I may go see some friends tomarrow afternoon..and we are going to watch movies and just be together.

Comment

Good morning, early birds.

I have a PT appointment this morning. Then after lunch we will see what is in the stores for grocery shopping. It is “free pie day” at our local restaurant.

We have barely heard from the kids. None even sent a card. Guess they are all busy getting ready for tomorrow....but they are working.

Well, nothing else going on here.
        Hope you all have a very good day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          We were typing together. Have a good day Jo!

Good morning...I have things to do today but will do them as I want. Have no idea when Scott will be in but I do know Andrew's room is a mess and needs to be picked up. Andrew finished with the tree and train and went in to make another mess in his room. Sooooo, I need to get in there today. Jon said he would peel all the potatoes after work and all I have to do is season them. We are taking the sweet potatoes and regular potatoes....the chairs and table are already loaded in the back of the van and tomorrow is suppose to be the pick day of the week. Never left the 30s here yesterday!

Since my old ornaments were considered to ugly to put on the tree lat night I left that tote up here and I will fill in the bare spots myself today. Andrew will not even notice I put ugly ornaments of his tree. He is not happy with the smaller tree...it is still 7 1/2 feet tall but not as full as the old one. He does hove the train set up but I am sure he and Uncle Scott will get down and do some work on it tonight....I hope! The big problem with the train is the engine is so loud and the guys use all the bells and whistles so you cannot watch tv when they are playing. I see a lot of early bedtimes for me.

Had lunch with my Texas brother and sil yesterday. My baby brother and his wife arrange these outings and two of my mom's sisters were also invited. There is only 6 years between my mom's youngest sister and me but we have nothing in common. The other sister is a doll. She is in assisted living and I drive right by her to get my haircut. I promised to be more attentive and will take her to lunch next week when I get my hair cut. I just use those trips home to do so much but i know if I just took her with me she would be happy.

I have been fighting a headache all week and Sierra says several forms of flu are going around. She is working extra to cover call offs. She is also working 8 to 4 tomorrow so will not be having Thanksgiving Dinner anywhere. I will bring her a plate home tomorrow and leave her a dish of mashed potatoes. Most McD's are closed but they are on the interstate and the owner refuses to close for ANY holiday. They are open 24 hours, 365 days and not a drop of holiday pay for these high school, college kids...or even a free hamburger. Sierra will be fine and we will provide a holiday meal for her but some of these kids have nothing and some of the stories she tells are so sad. They have no support system at all.

Need to start on the tree in the daylight and fill in the bare spots then move the last of the totes back into the basement. Not cooking even with Scott and Andrew here tonight. Andrew does not have school today but we are babysitting tonight since his mom is going out. She seldom does that and he can spend time with Uncle Scott. Looks like the sun is going to shine, yay! Beth have a good weekend home. Jostoy good luck with the doctor. Cookie, save enough strength to eat dinner tomorrow. Where do you store all those baked turkeys? Wow! Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Good morning

still having lots of annoying, and painful twitches ,( lightning bolts) in the sore tail bone ... so moving slowly , and skipping what ever I deemed unnecessary
          . like cooking, cleaning... told family we were going out to restaurant for big meal of the day.. and, in the meantime,, there is lots of lunch meat, cheeses and other goodies for sandwiches...
          I do have my home- made noodles ,made, dried .ready for tomorrow. also. Donna made me pie dough into pans... ready for me to fill and pop in oven.. and my other contribution to Dinner tomorrow is lima beans and corn.. unthaw throw in microwave.. ..we are eating at daughter Karens. ..

I hate being such poor company for Mike and Pams visit here ... but falling was NOT on my schedule either!!!.. they are family and have been staying here often enough, I don't feel they need pampered. this time ..

Karlin.. love your quote... when you have a second child you don't think you can love it as much as Number one... but you DO.!.. same with grandkids
          I have nine and love each one dearly... plus the next generation, two more to love !!1.

Comment

Maye, what better way to make your family feel at home than to have them do for themselves? I am sure they do not care about anything but your health. I do not wait on Scott when he visits...he roots around for food like the rest of them! When I say I am cleaning Andrew's room I mean I am clearing a path and making room for Scott to drop his bag. He gets a clean bed and I scrub the toilet!

Today is the anniversary of Sierra's friends and it keeps running through my mind so I can only imagine the pain their families are feeling.

I finished the tree and moved the totes to the basement. Have laundry started and need to pick up the kitchen rugs and throw them in the machine. I should run out for lunch meat and an extra loaf of bread but who knows? Walmart will be a zoo and I hate having to park so far away and being exhausted before I even get into the store. How is that for being old ladyish? Yet park me in the back of a restaurant and I have a hop in my step.

Off to finally shower but I seem to have more energy in my jammies. Sun is out and the temps pretty darn warm compared to yesterday. Andrew found a bag of flashlights and they are full of sand. He was delighted by remembering we used them on our last beach trip to go out after dark and look for sea critters on the beach. What is there about white sand from several years ago that brings a smile in November?

Comment

ok, I am finally here. It is fun to read and know what all are doing.
              i have both babies and two school boys. Another girl will be here. If I am open, they will Bri g them!

it is raining lightly and praying it is enough but not too much. Mudslides and much harder to search for people.

My mom got to FL with a smile on her face! So grateful for that.

i get up early no matter what day it is. I like having more time on non work days to get myself moving, but I like being up before the crowds!

i am on my phone so please excuse the typos or grammar missed.

Have a great day!

Comment

• karlinann
                karlinann commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, all the time that I worked I got up at 3 am so that I could have time for myself. I think it's important to get your zen on before you head out. I had a very stressful job.

All of my life I've been early for everything: appts, interviews, etc. I think it shows time management, organization and consideration. My dad taught us that and to never live more than 15 minutes from work. That was good advice.

I feel so bad about the victims of the fires in CA. Their losses are tremendous and I pray that they will find the strength to move forward with their lives and that they will get the aid they need to do so. So very sad.

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for all those kind thoughts, karlinann!
                My dad's motto while I was growing up was " on time is everyone else's 10 minutes. early!
                That has served me well.

I came back so I could complain in private and saw karlinann's kind words and thought better of it!

Comment

Working...
              X