Tuesday, Nov 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, Nov 20

No moon today, but a 60 % chance of rain and we need that. Nothing on the "To Do List" today. Just work on my puzzle and play computer games.

Hope all of you Rounders will have a great day!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning.
    Another cloudy day ahead. But the temps will be in the 70’s today, so I will like that. After today the temps will be easing downward. No rain in sight for us, that forecast disappeared.....but CA can look forward to rain in a few days, the reports say.
    Need to get a bit of shopping today....never did get it done last week.
    Nothing else planned, so the day will take its own course.

Have a good day, everyone. ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! We are to have rain tomorrow!

Good Morning,

Hi Karlinann.. good to see you!!!....

I have been missing for a day or so... son, wife arrived from Arizona on Sat evening. while we were in the midst of a power shutdown.. a mixture of rain, little snow and temperature setting on 31 was enough to freeze tree limbs, and down they came across power lines. wide area. transformer blew . soooo.
    no computers , so we lit the little heaters ,closed off bedrooms. and huddle down in living room... finally got power back on Sunday even.at 9pm..
    Hot water, !!!!! coffeee, ,, Shower!!!!.. and heat...

to add to the above,, I had fell the week before and hit my tailbone an awful whack. I can still barely set. so its been kind of weird around here. my company ended up doing the shopping.. and Pam made supper.
    . I have no extra energy,,pain seems to take it all away.. tailbone pain is the kind that hits like a lightning bolt if you step crooked or. bend ,like getting into the car..so I feel bad Im not much of a hostess this week..

I did get the homemade noodles made yesterday... today? I don't know what the plans on.. maybe just set and talk.

Hi to all... be back to read this evening ..

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt Maye I'm really sorry about your fall. You are a real trouper to go thru that power outage with company. Girl I would be like, "Let's get a motel room." You take care. Many blessings and God speed.
      ps Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome back.

Morning! No sun here either and not going to warm up much today. I have a busy day ahead....meeting up for lunch with my Texas brother is first. Tonight we are celebrating Sierra's birthday and Andrew has early dismissal to start his Thanksgiving break and the kids are going to decorate the tree tonight. My meal just needs to be put together and baked so that is easy and all I have is the time constraint. The tree will be a big fat mess but that will wait until tomorrow.

Yesterday instead of staying home and doing something constructive I ran around looking for a tea set for a 4 year old. Do you know you cannot find a tea set anywhere in this area? I want to see it and not just order it but looks like I am going to have to take a chance. I found the cutest one but it was FAO Schwartz (?) and they wanted $60.00 for a china tea set. Even if I was wanting to spend that much would I really want to spend that much on a tea set? I also saw that Kohl's is carrying American Girl. When did that start or is it just a seasonal thing? That is pretty expensive merchandise and I know because Sierra had some American Girl. I for one really miss Toys R Us! But while I was out running around the guys made supper. It was hamburger helper but I did not have to fix it!

Tomorrow I have to fix the dishes I am taking for Thanksgiving. Need to load up the extra tables and chairs but they are not going to make the trip back home. I am so happy to be giving up hosting holidays and passing the chairs and tables on.

Maye so sorry you are still in pain and then to be cold on top of that must have been miserable. If going back to the good old days means no central heat or indoor plumbing then forget it! Karlinann so nice to get up in the morning and see a happy face already here to greet us. Welcome back! Jo, seems all I have done lately is shop and spend money. Days do have a way of taking on their own shape don't they?

Need to leave here in an hour so need to shower. Need to make a Dollar Store stop for dishwasher pods. Yesterday I was in Big Lots and spent a fortune on boxes and wrapping paper and stocked up on batteries. I am really getting in the mood around here for a little Holiday! Have a great day everyone and hope one of us gets some sun...a lot of warm would be nice to spread around too. It has been a cold fall!

Comment

Maxi, in a pinch, try Amazon for the tea sets.
      I was surprised there were porcelain and ceramic ones for little kids, but there is also tin ones and one in plastic. Some come in wicker baskets, others don’t. Prices are $12 to $25.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jo. I did go to Amazon but wasn't able to judge the size of the cups...I don't want bitsey cups for a doll and the baskets were adorable. How cute to just pack it up when finished. I do love on line shopping but I just want to 'see' some things. Jon did order another train car for Sierra's train on line from Amazon. Both kids get a new train car every year and hers is a Disney train so this car is a Pluto caboose with a tail! Can you imagine. Since she is now 22 he debated but we decided it is a tradition and no matter how old she will get a new Disney car for Christmas. I am going to go back and relook on line for the tea set and I guess take a chance. The $60.00 set is china but is that even practical for a 4 year old? It was pink with polka dots and the cutest thing...

it finally happened : I had a whole post and it disappeared. So I am back now with a houseful of kids and a noise level to match. We started with a reminder of how they act at school is how we act here.
      and both big boys will be here through tomorrow.

it is sunny now and and it better rain!
      my mom is flying to FL and has said she will take a wheelchair. I had said This is your last trip until we have companions to go with you. Which combined with her finally realizing Doug had booked her on Southwest and that is not the terminal she is familiar with, helped her decide she would accept the wheelchair and thereby arrive at the correct gate. Becky is taking her and next Tuesday I have to
      tame a day off to pick her up. That is really what I meant: no more week day trips.

I better close before I lose this post.
      I love reading all the posts, but sad to hear if your fall, Maye.
      Stay well and be happy!

Comment

Working...
      X