Monday, 11/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, 11/19

I saw the Moon this morning. Yeah! I have not seen it at all since middle of Oct. Such a welcome sight.

I loved the new "A Godwink Christmas" movie on Hallmark. So good!

It's time to get the turkey out of the freezer and put in fridge today. Hubby is taking me to lunch today becuz I'm cooking all that food Thursday. Isn't he a sweetheart?

If you haven't already checked out aarp.org I highly encourage you to check out all their new games. Fun and addictive and FREE!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning I am actually up and ready enough to check in before leaving for work...I have bag for after work pretty much packed...I am going to work out directly afterwork...then being picked up for a early early Thanksgiving meal with friends and individuals that use the same services as me. Then its home to clean my mess up from last nights making green bean cassarole... Last night was Bible Study Thanksgiving dinner...I didn't find the turkey to be that good...I did think the ham was the best I have ever had and I am not a huge fan of ham. The best of the 4 Turkey dinners I will eat will be my mom's she had the turkey cooked this year by a friend that is a fancy chef....She will do meat loaf and all the traditional sides. I will do green bean cassarole and what ever else she ask me for me to bring...I will also give her some money torwards the rest of the meal if she will take it..probably not.

Work til Wednesday then a four day weekend!!!

I will have another longer break at Christmas I think that we close down for 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

good Monday to all of you! Cold this morning, but getting into the 70's by later this afternoon.

You know I said friends were coming for dinner yesterday? Well, in the middle of church I got a text from my friends who lost their house and it said they were on their way to My house with food they had been given! I didn't say anything other than OK and then went into a mental questionnaire about how many chairs, etc we would need...But so happy they came! They are in a hotel in Sacramento until Thanksgiving when they will get an apt until they can find a home to rent...
      Maxie, I did ask Mike if he thought seeing the devastation in person made a real impression on the President. He said it was hard to tell, but the staff was visibly moved and emotional especially when their son got choked up pointing out to them where his house he grew up in had been...just the fact that Jamison was asked to come along when his job is with international commerce to me was kind gesture that I do't usually associate with the White House. Only time will tell.

I, for one, am going to find out how much Loss of Use coverage I have on my policy! And I am going to tell every renter I know to have renter's insurance!

This is a three day work week and school kids will be here, so hopefully, the mix of ages will be fun. I let the school guys set the menu last week and told them they can help me with the activities. that usually keeps everyone happy for a day. Then the bigger ones are ready to ignore the little ones and do their own fun...

So, I am going to open up the daycare and turn on more lights.
      Karlinann, I know what you mean when you haven't seen the moon for awhle. We haven't seen Mt Shasta to the north or Mt Lassen to the east except one or two days since July when all the fires started. They are points of reference you just expect to see.
      We are hoping for rain this week.

Sassygirl, that is so kind fo you to make those quilts!

Have a good Monday and take care of yourself and those around you.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        It does take a disaster for us to look at our own insurance doesn't it? When Sierra put my car out of commission we discovered with all the insurance we have no one had rental car! Fortunately once we got the car to the repair shop they called it undrivable and gave me a loaner. Saw the pic on fb of you and your guests yesterday. You are a very generous person. When you look at all the kind and generous people on this forum it erases some the negative you read every day.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula A...Thank-you...They need "NEW" ones...I make into one yard..I think it will fit the crib.....

Good morning.
      When I woke this morning, about 5:30, the weather report said it was 39°! I definitely need the furnace on this morning. This afternoon should be in the mid-70’s though.

Karlinann, thank you for opening today’s posts on such a cheery note! I will definitely check out the aarp site.

Beth, sounds like you have a good start on the day.

Sounds like a busy week ahead, in preparation for the holiday. I had E give our frozen turkey to his nephew’s family, as they could use it far more than we need it. E wants to take me out to dinner on Thanksgiving day. Fine. Now to find a place that is reasonably priced, and doesn’t have a cockeyed chef who thinks he/she can make it spectacularly attractive (@ $60 to $80 a plate).

No no particular plans for today.

Hope you all all have a good day!

———————

Paula, you posted while I was typing. How nice of you to take in extra people at your holiday feast. There are so many that will need help there.
      I am not impressed with our country’s leader. He obviously doesn’t keep himself informed, other than a quick briefing before his appearances. They corrected him there, saying it was Paradise, not “Pleasure” that burned down. He said something about them having to rake the forests like Finland does......and the president of Finland says he never said any such thing! Let’s just hope he fulfills his promise of giving the victims the aid they need.

Sorry about my soapbox. I’ll step down now. But you do have a big heart, to do all the things you do for others.
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-19-2018, 10:21 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I know, Jo. I am hoping his staff will keep him signing the right aid bills.
        I am not a fan of our Governor or the gov elect but since they at least live here I have hope things will get done.

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Jo..missed you earlier since I was probably typing when you wrote. I stick to turkey breast around here and would have given a big ole turkey away too. That is pretty expensive for a Thanksgiving meal..hope you ind a good one!

Good morning! Today is Sierra's birthday but she is working so we will celebrate tomorrow. I will grate all the cheeses for the pasta casserole she requested today since I have to meet up with my Texas brother for lunch tomorrow. Plus tomorrow Andrew has early dismissal so I have to meet the bus earlier. Need to remember to pick up a bday cake today. I am going to totally lose tomorrow so have a lot to do today. So much for not leaving the house until we head out for Thanksgiving dinner.

Scott texted and is coming home for Thanksgiving which is funny since we are going to my sister's and he will drive right by her house to get to ours. Oh well, he will be here a couple of days and once he is finished with his therapy will be going back to work and we will not see him again until Christmas.

Have two gifts under my undecorated Christmas tree...both birthday gifts. One for Sierra and one for my sister. Sisters is in December so had to make sure to use regular wrapping paper. I also have a December birthday and always hated getting birthday gifts in Christmas paper...now I'm just happy to have one! Really glad!

Jon is off today so he will grate my cheeses and I am leaning toward chili for supper. Andrew will have to pick up the train running under his bed since his uncle will be staying there. Hopefully with the tree up tomorrow he will set up the train around it tomorrow night. He goes with his mother for Thanksgiving so we will not see him again until next Monday after tomorrow. Since we seldom have holidays on the holiday with his dad's work schedule his mom usually gets the actual day. It works out fine and Drew;s mother has never been greedy with the holidays or the times we keep him. In fact the next time she is here she needs to reprogram the thermostat. She put it in when she lived here and is the only one who understands it. Andrew's mechanical brilliance comes from his mother's side and after she and Jon broke up they stayed friends and her family has always been available to help out the incompetent mechanical people. Us!

Karlinann, missed that movie last night but did record one from the other Hallmark channel. Hate when they put out two new movies on both channels at the same time. Thank goodness they replay them all season. Beth, enjoy your meal tonight and have a good day at work. I am so happy to not be cooking a Thanksgiving meal this year after all these years but I think I am going to actually miss it. Does that makes sense? The leftovers anyway!

Sun never shined yesterday, not once and I am hoping for better today. It was so dark and dreary at 3:00 yesterday afternoon..like evening. Need to get moving around here. Have a great one!!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

At Church yesterday, one of the members said that since my thumb is immobilized, sticking up in the air, I could go out and hitch a ride. I told him I was just glad they didn't want to immobilize a certain finger rather than the thumb. They all got a kick out of that.

Nice when you can make others laugh, and joke about your own problems. Got invited, or should I say insisted, to E's daughter's house for Thanksgiving. Told her I would come unless Wednesday the Orthopedic clinic twisted my wrist to make it hurt real bad in their examination of it. My hand is real blue, just can't think what the wrist is going to look like when they take this splint/cast off.

Anyway, enough of the complaining....hope all have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That was not complaining and even if it was you have a right. Good luck tomorrow with the doctor!
      Working...
      X