Sunday, 11/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, 11/18

Morning peeps. Our little cold snap is over for now. Farmer's Almanac is saying a very cold winter is ahead. I don't like the cold. Brr!

Here is a cute poem that was in our weekly newspaper: Thanksgiving Wishes ~ May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump, May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize, and may your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off your thighs.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning all.

Today is Church day. Have no idea what clothes I can get into. Did you know that it easier to get you britches down than up with one hand. Guess I really need to go in the bedroom and see what and if I can get any Sunday pants on. It may end up being blue jeans that are a bit bigger on me. I know for sure that I won't be wearing any of my Sunday sweaters as the Velcro on this splint thing will pick them all up. AND that's not going to happen.

Talk to you all later. Have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.

Yesterday was a bummer, nothing got done. The evening perked up with the late dinner with our nephew and his granddaughter, and the Christmas show at the theater. The timeless story of “Scrooge” was playing as a musical comedy, and they made it all about Scrooge himself. A very interesting twist to the story. Tiny Tim was not represented by any child this year, only referred to. One actor, a young man, there we weren’t familiar with, but impressed me quite a bit. He did 3 very different roles throughout the show, and he “transformed” totally into those 3 different personalities with ease. That talent usually comes with a more aged, experienced actor.

So, when we got to the theater a half hour early, we expected to be seated right away. The earlier show must have gone into overtime, because we waited quite a while outside, the line to enter was already out the door and straggling down the parking lot. Waiting outside then for about half an hour. Temperatures were dropping already, and my good sweatshirt wasn’t keeping me warm. We should have been leaving by 10:30 at the latest and home by 11......but we goy home at nearly midnight.

But i woke up at 6 and couldn’t get back to sleep, so got up and made my tea. I need to decide on a breakfast so I can take my meds soon.

I wont try to plan today. I’ll let the day just happen.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Stay warm.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...starting late this morning. Yesterday I did some shopping and then came home and made an online order and with the exception of three little guys I am finished! They should be easy enough and could be an excuse for another girls shopping day.

Today is a perfect stay home day. It is dripping something from the sky so no sun. I found two cans of pumpkin about to expire so need to make pumpkin bread and someone is wanting tuna salad. That would be me! Laundry and there are some leftovers that need to give the garbage disposal some exercise.

Karlinann cute poem...enjoy your warm weather. Jostoy, what an inconvenience! I hope you are a very fast healer. Jo, glad you enjoyed the play. Standing in the cold is a bummer but sounds like it was worth the wait. I am not in any hurry to start the day. Sierra works today but yesterday went in early and stayed late. She says highway traffic was heavy and I can attest that store traffic was very heavy. Not near as much holiday help out there either. Sierra says the flu is hitting so they have a lot of call offs..maybe that is affecting the mall help too.

Anyway, I am still glumping around here this gloomy morning. Maybe instead of a second cup of coffee I should take a nap. These late night hockey games are to much for older fans. Good thing we lost early enough that I did not need to stay up for the last period. Have a wonderful day people. Hope you get to feel some nice warm sun on your heads...looks like my head is going to get wet.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie, the Triscuit smoked gouda crackers are wonderful with tuna salad!

It is 39* outside and I am not at all inclined to go out in it...by the time we go to church it should be warmer....and I will be dressed to stay warm.

We had a nice visit with my brother. He got up here about 11:00 and left around 3:30 in the afternoon. I could see he was getting tired while we were talking. I gave him a book for his wife No One Ever Asked and he was back down the road to spend the night and has already flown out today.

One last ( you an hope!) mention of the fire: my friend's husband and son were included in the President's visit to the fire area. Her son flew out with the President. I thought Mike (husband) would be included, but was very happy to see they brought Jamison out. He is the Chief of Staff for the Secretary of Trade (?) and is such a great guy. The Governor and the Gov Elect were also there and I just hope that both Mike and Jamison were asked their opinions (Mike would probably speak up anyway!) and then afterwards, we have Jamison in place to speak up. Who knows? But it gave me hope.

Church today and friends over for dinner. I will be moving some things around to make room for our tree.
        Maxie, I have gifts for two in WA, and know what I will be buying for the three in MD. One in MD, the little guy is turning 7 the end of the month and I had to get his birthday gift out to him. I bought this sit on scooter thing that I had bought for a grandson in WA last year. I had seen the teens at church use them for games both inside and out and figured it is a great idea for bad weather places. It moves around just by your weight (JoG, E would probably be able to explain it but I can't) and holds up to 180 pounds. Stuart was sitting on it in one picture riding around their kitchen.

I better get my hair done and figure out what I am going to wear. When I was up front leading the music I made sure to wear something different (like anyone would notice, but that is the way I think), and now I don't pay much attention and can forget what I did wear!

Hope you all have a great day! Hallmark movies are my Comfort Zone. I hope you all have your comfort Zone.

Thanks for your information, karlinann!
        Sassygirl, I cleared out all my fleece I had for dog blankets for those that have been rescued form the fire area and now can start on getting more!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, Jon eats his tuna on crackers, Sierra uses it as a dip for potato chips and i want my dripping off two slices of bread. Andrew would not touch tuna with a ten foot pole! I never tire of hearing your fire reports. It is the saddest thing! However I would not be happy to see the president in any capacity at any disaster. I just don;t feel he has any sympathy or even cares much except in front of a camera. Hallmark movies are on all the time here and I gotta laugh at my son coming in and watching although he is quick to point out how it snows on demand. Funny boy does not see the romance! He also wonders how all the characters are played by the same people. Must be a guy thing!

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A..WOW.!!!..That is alot of fleece.AWWW..I bet those dog were happy..To have blanket...And know that someone who care and loved them.That was sweet of you...You are like me..I am making baby quilt...Not for me...For my church...For there Nursery..They have thin quilts and holes in them...

Well I did get a pair of Sunday pants on and the top that goes with them was "un-nickable". Now how's that for a new word?
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I like your new word...knew exactly what you meant.

Afternoon all! Compared to Florida & California, our power issues are minor. Apparently 9 substations in the country were damaged and until they were repaired, power couldn't get to the customers even if the downed lines were fixed. They are now saying it might be late Tuesday before everyone has power back on. Aunt Maye still doesn't have power and her visiting DIL is grumbling on FB about it. REALLY?!?! Like they could help this all happened. Karen has offered for them to all stay there. They are running on a generator.

Yesterday was productive. I got almost all the cookies baked off that we shaped on Friday when Sue was here. Kathy popped up and ended up taking Blaise home with her for the night. I think I've got my Christmas shopping done last night. I wheeled & dealed with a guy on ebay. He had "make an offer", and I did. I got 3 1000 pc puzzles for my Mom free shipping for $5 each. My SIL & Becca both said they'd buy one of them from me and give to her. The puzzles are all brand new, so I'm not worried about missing pc.

This morning we went to church & SS, then headed down to get Blaise. We stopped at WM first for Cork to get his supplies for the week. The battery that Kathy got for her vehicle didn't fix the problem. She stopped at Advanced Auto and their computer said it's an alternator problem. Guess where the alternator is.....clear under behind the motor. You have to tear all kinds of things off before you'll get to it, so it's something that has to be done by a professional. Great! So she's returning the battery & using that money towards the repair of the car. She road home with us and took our old Escape home with her to use until her vehicle gets fixed.

Working on pies for an order tomorrow & the fillings for the Thanksgiving pies. I think there are 12 different kinds ordered. Out of 28 pies, only 3 of them are pumpkin. Tues Sue & I will make the rest of the crusts & assemble the fruit pies for baking Wed morning.

I tried those Triscuits you are talking about Paula. I think I had them in the mini's. I LOVE the mini's.
        Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is exactly the problem Sierra had with her battery and new alternator. Fortunately Andrew's uncle is very mechanical and came by to replace the alternator after taking half the front end off the car. They do not make car repairs easy anymore and we have learned if you do not have warranty work done by a certified dealer even if you have broken down on the road, the manufacturer will not cover it.

Thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies...I keep saying it but your house must be what Heaven smells like!

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I swear the mfg do that so you HAVE to take it to them to get it repaired. The older I get, the more I become a cynic. A nurse in SS today was saying the Children's Hosp in Pgh is very close to a cure for Type 2 Diabetes. I said it'll never happen because the drug companies will lose too much money if it got cured. The same with cancer.

Cookie, I am a 3-yr survivor of cancer. I thank my doctor’s NP for that. She is the one who does the research and takes care of me. I see her regularly, because I think my doctor is too distanced from his patients, and too “busy” to do the real research.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X