Saturday, 11/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, 11/17

Good morning peeps. It's a cold 39 degrees here, but I'm not complaining. It was a very hot summer and I embrace this cool weather. Hope all of you are snug as a bug and looking forward to the TG holiday. It will just be me and hubby unless I can talk my neighbor to come and share. She just lost her husband a week ago and I know she needs time to mourn.

Back in June I hurt my knee and have not been able to walk very well. My doc says osteoarthritis, but it hurts so bad. I also had venous insufficiency for the first time this summer and that was scary. I stopped eating too much salt and stopped sitting for long spells. Before it happened I would sit for hours reading and that was a mistake. Anyway, enough of my sad life. Aunt Maye I'm sorry you fell. Oh dear! It can happen in a heartbeat.

Have a great day!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Great to see you Karlinann!

Tons of power outages around here due to ice & falling branches & trees. Our power went out around 415am yesterday and came back on around 930pm. We are one of the lucky ones. Normally the school calls, texts, & emails school changes, but due to lack of power, I didn't get the call or email, but for some reason I didn't get a text either, so we were out at the bus stop waiting. Fortunately Bruce next door was going for a coffee run, and told us school was canceled. The school had power, but most of the district didn't.

I still had Sue come and we scooped, rolled, & shaped cookies and now today I'll be baking them off. Fortunately the pie I had to make for an order yesterday was all prepped for baking, so I went to my brother's house in the afternoon & baked it. Met the customer and delivered their goodies. Then headed down to Kathy's to give her MORE $$ for a new battery. I wasn't going to do it, but if her car doesn't work, she doesn't get to go to her new job. Always something with that girl. Picked up some dinner on the way back at BK for Blaise & me. Came home, lit candles & the stove. The guys were in bed by 730 and I went to bed by 9pm. Slept in this morning until 8am. Never sleep that long.

Today will be baking & hopefully taking Blaise to karate. That's my day. Thankful for heat & power. Blaise was complaining about the lack of power & we both preached to him how fortunate we were even w/o power.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning....
      It is currently 41° here, and it looks dreary out for 7 a.m., but we should get up to the low 70°’s this afternoon. You know that lasts just a couple of hours then starts dropping again. I think I have a mild cold as I’ve been sneezing and using up tissues. I’m having mocha this morning, and it warms me in a soothing way. Mmmmmmmm.

karlinann, sorry about your knee. Maybe an ace bandage would help. I see a lot of adds for knee braces and support hose, maybe something like that would help you get around better and decrease the pain. I sometimes resort to light support hose when my knees bother me....I have fallen on concrete and a hard floor a few times, and my knees remind me to be careful. Ouch.

Cookie, sorry about your power outage. The whole of the eastern states seem to be in an early, and really tough winter storm. The cold weather here is nothing in comparison, but it’s an early winter here too. Time to count my blessings, and get my sweaters out.

Have grocery shopping to do today. Tonight we go to the Gaslight Christmas show.

Hope everyone has a good day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...still melting here and I like it! Going to warm up again today and I think stay clear until after Thanksgiving. Everyone here is gone so think I will shower and head out alone to do some shopping. Sierra's bday is Monday but she is working so we will have her bday supper Tuesday and then decorate the tree. She ask for 5 cheese ziti and I have not made that since she was in high school so will need to go out an find all the cheeses. Our local walmart does not carry anything including provolone cheese for a sandwich. Honest, our deli does not carry provolone and we no longer have a shop n save in the area and Ruler does not carry anything but ordinary cheeses so will have to travel out of my way today. Good thing I am going to be out and about.

Maye hope are getting over your fall and Jostoy starting to heal....AND relaxing! Beth, last night it was worth staying up past my bedtime cuz the Blues won and they play again tonight at 9:30. Hate those west coast games but it is ok if they are going to keep winning. Cookie, what is it with batteries? We had to put a new alternator and battery in Sierra's car and just a week ago Jon needed a new battery. I remember when Jon was born I called his dad home from work in St. Louis and when he got home he ran in and said to hold on cuz the battery had been jumped in the parking lot and if he turned off the car we would have a baby in the kitchen. Sooooo, he ran out to get a new battery while I was in labor! I just had that thought come to mind....funny where you wander off to.

Karlinann, good to see you back...you moved south, right? Glad you are on the mend. Time to start the day if I am going to do my running. Then I will be able to stay in and not leave the house until Thanksgiving Day. Can you believe I plan ahead just to stay home? Listen, being antisocial is hard work. Have a great day and hope the sun is shining and the temps are warm.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually we just moved down the road into another 55 plus community. Where we lived they took away the security at night and raised the HOA fees and started making us pay for our own yard waste. They raised the HOA fees every year, but I couldn't really see any improvements. We just got tired of it. It is so much better where we are now and it really is not much difference price wise. The house is in pretty good condition and we only had to get new flooring and new appliances.

You would not believe what all we did to the Pine Run house. We got a new roof, new paint inside and out, new windows, new master and guest baths and new kitchen. The remodel for the MB, GB and Kitchen nearly did me in. It took 5 weeks for them and it was in November of 2016 and the weather was in the 90's every day. The end result was beautiful with granite countertops, and the works, but it did not help us get top dollar. Lesson learned: Do not put mega $'s into an older home becuz folks can buy a new one for less than you need to get out of it. We were so disappointed. I will not remodel this house and will just fix what needs fixin'.

Saturday! A day to do errands and meet with my brother and I feel like I got and extra 1 1/2 hours because an appointment got cancelled because of flu...not me, and sad, but today it is ok.

karlinann, so good to see you! I am also interested in what you said about venous .....I have started having some leg pains and do way too much sitting in daycare, with heavy toddlers on my lap....I am going to look some things up that you mentioned and see if I can get some relief before going to the doctor.
        I tripped on a step at Spencer's in MD and my hip has given me more problems.

I have a jacket and some fleece pants to take to a donation center this morning.

Donna, I could send you a picture of the tents at Walmart parking lot to show Blaise how some are doing without power and so many other things. I saw a picture yesterday that a friend took when he went to donate directly to people there. Mind Blowing! All sizes of tents and the ones that really got to me were the 2 man size my boys took on Scout trips. Most had a camp style chair out front. They are asking for donations of camping equipment and there are none to be bought around here. And I mean none in REd Bluff, Chico or REdding.

The chaplain for the Sheriff's dept. said they do feel the help of all the prayers for the first responders. I thought that was a great ting to post because we sometimes feel and hear that prayers are not enough.
        So I am really praying that today when all the political guys are looking over the devastation that those prayers soften some hearts.

We are gearing up for cookie baking. Becky is making a bunch of her favorites to give as gifts. She sends them to her brothers and an aunt and uncle and a few friends around here. It all means I will not be baking at all as neither one of us is the kind who likes to share kitchen space! Our kitchen is a lot bigger since our remodel, but after using the kitchen at my son's house it was a shock to see my kitchen. Thankfully, the shock wore off in a day.

Ok, I better let you all get to your busy day.

Sassygirl, it is always good to see you!
        JoG, when I get to use the kitchen I am making your gingerbread cookies. With the mashed banana...
        Maxie, do the Hallmark movies make you want to bake? They for sure make me want to eat cookies!
        Please keep posting and for sure, keep yourselves safe and warm!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Your hip pain is probably your Ciatic Nerve. Mine hurts when the Osteo in my knee kicks into high gear. It's dreadful. The Venous Insuf. was a real shocker for me and it lasted about 2 wks. I wore TEDS hose and my doc told me to lay down in bed for 10 minutes when I felt like it. It really helped and getting off my butt helped tremendously. I have always been like the energizer bunny and now that I'm 67 I have had to slow down. Hope this helps.
          Last edited by karlinann; 11-17-2018, 02:03 PM.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A,I am glad to see you too..I had to straight out the sewing room...And it took all morning...But i got it done..

Good morning..I just got up but am going to find my space under the covers again...

Its time for cori to get her nails clipped she won't be happy but I am not happy when she starts cutting me up!

No plans today

Comment

Working...
        X