Friday!! TGIF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday!! TGIF

Good morning...Heading back to work today...it will be interesting to see what I find when I get there...apparently my station wasn't open at all for lunch yesterday...neither was bowls. I couldn't get to work no ride and my coworker was sick....I am hoping she will be there today but I don't know.

Working this morning....hoping for a hair cut today or tomarrow. I will go there today..I don't think it will be to cold to walk or take my bike...I need to go to the grocery store anyways I forgot something the other night.

Tommarrow is laundry and rest....maybe cookies

Sunday is sleep until evening I have Thanksgiving with my Bible study group.

Good morning everyone.

Have to clean house today. Will run the vacuum and dust the furniture. Have to keep the house spotless for prospective buyers coming through.

Will probably take me a little longer that usual. with 1 hand tied completely up, will have to lay the duster down and move things so I can dust appropriately.

Talking about taking longer, I better get started if I want to finish today.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I think about you and your house for sale every day! Prayers and hugs!

I agree with Beth: happy it is Friday!
    All our area schools closed for the day and all next week. today because of really bad air quality. Next week for Thanksgiving.
    I have never seen the air get so bad. A friend took fleece for blankets to the pet evacuation center in Oroville, and texted me it was really dark and smoky when she got there in the late afternoon. We smelled smoke all day and I kept kids in again.
    Today I will have two school boys because of the closure and two kids who won't be here because their moms work for the schools.

The dinner for the evacuees was great! Becky went down with the food and said the people were so grateful for the food and were surprised when it kept coming! Our youth group served and they were talking with all the families. that is sometimes an awkward age for kids to interact with strangers but they did.

so, today is a less stress day and I am ready for it. My friend who took the dog blankets for me was taking sleeping bags and tents and air mattresses to Chico. They have a tent city in the Walmart parking lot. Hopefully, getting the ok for people to stay in the vacant Toy R Us and Sears buildings, but there is a lot of red tape involved.

I am not cooking or baking this weekend. I will get really good deli sandwiches for lunch with my brother; he is only up for a few hours. Just a quick visit to see my mom. I figured with all the sitting in the pilot's seat and the drive up form the airport (2 hours) it would be too much extra sitting to go to a restaurant...this way we can visit and eat and walk around my mom's place or uptown ...

Ok, I hope you all have a good day and do something to relax and just enjoy yourself (me, included!)
    Checking back to see what all of you are doing.

Comment

Good morning.
      Another week passes, and we have 2 days to relax or whatever... then start the cycle again.
      Today is a day of no schedules for us. Yay! (That doesn’t mean we don’t have things to do —- just no pressures of being anywhere in particular.)
      Yesterday I had a good checkup from my PCP. She says come back in 6 months. I go to make the appointment and check out, and they’re only taking February appointments right now. I’m supposed to call in March for a May appointment.
      So I should write in my calendar to call for the appointment? If I don’t, I will forget. It seems like a redundancy to me. They don’t make it easy.

So back to the old grind today. Pay bills, and throw or give stuff away.
      Tomorrow it’s a late Gaslight show for the Christmas season, with nephew and grand niece. His wife is in the Midwest caring for her insufferable thankless mother. (The mom’s sister’s and friends have tried coaxing the woman to be nicer, as she’s getting professional home care for free from her daughter.....but makes things harder for her instead. It’s not the illness making her mean, it’s her natural personality.).

I read in the news news about how turbulent winter storm was in the east. One school in NJ had to keep its students overnight, because of the ice/snow storm and dangerous driving conditions.

Have a a very good day and a very good weekend!

Last edited by JoGee; 11-16-2018, 01:07 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning. Sunny and melting here. Jon says we did not have 7 inches of snow but more like 5 but I wonder how much he thought after he shoveled? We had gone out in the afternoon and did some Christmas shopping...ok, I know, but it is really a guy thing in this family. The more snow the faster we have to get into the car and check out the roads...anyway, we were heading home when the grass boy is out walking down with his shovel. He knocked at the door and Jon explained to him that people need to be shoveled out early and not mid afternoon and he would have hired him had he been here in the morning. We really would have hired him because I was out with a shovel also and he could have made money. I'm sure he laid around all morning and then was nagged to get out. Hope he learned people are very willing to pay early in the morning while they are still in shock looking at the white piles.

I did get some shopping finished up and am in really good shape. Once I get it done and a count made I will wrap. Everyone is working this weekend so maybe I will take off to finish up.

No idea what to cook tonight so maybe just breakfast...no one around here complains about breakfast for supper. In fact I'm kinda hungry now and wish someone would fix me breakfast right now but that is not going to happen. Jostoy please take care of yourself. Just relax...I know about keeping the place clean for showings but I am willing to bet your place is super clean to begin with. Hope you are getting the wrist pain under control. Beth, Blues play tonight but very late at 9:00. Hate those late games! Paula, the Chico I am seeing on the news with tent cities and food pantries....is that your area? So many people missing! I pray they are all in shelters and will be located by family quickly.

Have a god day everyone....

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Chico, with tent cities and cold night temperatures.
          And Hazardous air quality.
          This is why the State University cancelled all classes this week until the Monday After Thanksgiving.
          I shared a Facebook post. My friend’s son in law. He is 1 of 6 CHP from the area that lost their homes. His post was positive about starting back and rebuilding lives.

Hey Rounders. Hope you are all ok. Gosh it's been a long time since I've been on here. So much has happened. Where to begin?

I enjoyed reading some of the posts today. Life is so very short and it's important to live every moment.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          What a good thing to see you!

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am glad to see you...

Hi karlinannn! Welcome back! I hope to see you posting often again.
        How have you been? Please share....

I agree with your last comments. Life is too short, and they aren’t exactly “the Golden Years”, if you have the disabilities of aches and pains requiring doctors and meds. Myself, I feel it is the Rusty Years”, but deal with it. I try to capture that elusive “silver lining” I keep hearing about.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X