Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

It is snowing!

Good Morning! It's raining ice right now. Going to be an interesting day.

Yesterday was another productive day in the morning. Got lots baked off. Had a doctors appt early afternoon, so nothing else got done until evening. Had a meeting at church to finalize Thkgvg meal plans. I feel much better now.

My big thrill yesterday was when I popped into Aldi's to get Aunt J some bread. How did 3 loaves of bread turn into a $50 bill? Well.....I picked up a "few" things for me and I found this endcap area tucked away with everything marked $.49 each. Well I went crazy! I've discovered in the last year that spray oil with flour. It works fantastic! Well there were cases of it. I bought 24 cans @ $.49 each!!!!! I bought a small case online over the winter for MUCH MORE than that.

This morning there was suppose to be Bible study, but that got canceled due to the weather. I'm packing boxes for shipping and hopefully will get to the post office later. I've got plenty around here to be mixed up and baked off today. Need to think of something good to cook for supper since we have nowhere special to go tonight.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Been snowing most of the night and looks like maybe 5 inches with it still coming down. Not a school in this area is open so no Andrew and no cooking. Also no trip to get this thing removed. Dr's nurse called this morning to ask if I wanted to cancel since she knows I travel country roads. If this doctor wasn't so old (he's my age) I would have gone back to him but I just hate changing doctors and, like I said, I know how old he is, but can you beat that service of his office calling me? Jon was going to drive me today but now he can sleep in.

Obviously we have no plans for today. I have been putting out decorations and so glad I got the candles in the windows with this snow. Love the look! Tree is still standing bare but it has lights. Jon is off today and Sierra's classes were cancelled so maybe we will bake something...or not. Andrew did not pick up his room but did play with freezing water again. Sierra came in last night and ask who was lining up water bottles on the porch and why. I know the who but am learning you never really know the why with a 12 year old. He ask when the Elf is coming back and we had really hoped to not do the Elf this year. We do bad elf and I guess it is fun. Problem is you can only come up with so many things to get the elf in trouble and you are dealing with a kid old enough to remember past things. Jon suggested we put his return back into December and not Thanksgiving and only give him a week or so here.

Well going to fix another cup of coffee and watch the weather conditions on tv. Commuting from Illinois into St.Louis over the bridges is a big thing around here so we get a lot of highway pictures and road conditions in bad weather. Also funny how different sections in the same area get more or less snow. It is a wet snow so the trees are pretty...until a limb snaps and hits a power line and the lights go out!! All I got this morning is snow and cold so hope you are faring better but remember what is here now is traveling east later. Look out Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania!

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie I think that I probably have 4.5 inches right now

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, you keep that darn white stuff down your way. If we even got an inch, we'd be doing good. However, I heard the snow plow trucks going by before I got up so I think we got more freezing rain. It seems all of that has already go by the wayside now.

Good morning.
      It looks so dreary outside this morning. No doubt it will clear up. today should get to the 70’s, and stay there for the next week.
      Had my PT session yesterday. Will be glad when it’s done. The guy doesn’t see me for 2 weeks, and doesn’t recall my schedule. He brings out the wrong color band, I told him I was one blue and not the orange. He looked surprised. Color depicts the strength, and he’s got me on the second most strong one. Actually, at home I use the black band, the strongest. Then he gives me an exercise he has only tried on me once, but it gave me severe leg cramps then and just stopped it. I talked to my PT tech daughter, who really knows her stuff. She suggested the black band, plus told me how to do that exercise without getting cramps in my legs. She would like to come in and give him pointers. Hey, she was the top in her class, and corrected her instructor a number of times.

Today I see my PCP. This morning. So I need to find an outfit and do something with my hair. The high temp won’t hit til mid afternoon (and doesn’t last very long), so I can dress warmly this morning.

Not much going on to write about.
      Does anyone here wear a Fit-Bit? If so, what do you think of it? I’m thinking about getting one so I can track my daily activity. Also, I hope there’s one with a timer for my exercises which I plan to continue. I think I have just 2 sessions left.

Well, I had better go start readying myself for today.
      hope you all have a good one.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think a kitchen timer would be a lot less than a fit bit for timing exercises.

Good morning....I think that I have 4.5 inches right now and its still coming down...I made the decision at 530 to make my day a snow day....I use a ride service to get to work...They use volunteer drivers for the most part...and if there driver doesn't want to drive then they don't have too....I went ahead and cancelled and called into work..knowing my driver was an older man that had already said if the snow came he wasn't driving..then my sister said that they aren't getting out either...I wasn't going to ask them anyways because they live on back roads and have to take interstates to get to me and those are really bad...

I was just upstairs to get some food and watched a car slide on the road behind my house. There was no traffic on the road in front of my house you could tell that cars had been on my road but there wasn't any now.

MAXIE I hope you see this...I watched part of my first hockey game last night....it was fun...I went to Buffalo wild wings and watched the game with a friend her boyfriend and his friend. I really liked it...Anyways I found out that I may be going to Blues games on my Birthday. I have never seen hockey in person until last winter and then it was a youth league but I still liked it.

Plan for the day stay warm snuggle with my cat and maybe read or sleep.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        You're hooked Beth! It is so exciting and you will pick up the rules and terms quickly. You see more on tv but I love love love watching a game live! Dress warm cuz it is cold in the arena.

Looks like we got at leastm4"of snow and it nis still snowing a little. But tomorrow it will get into the 40's so it shouldn't last too long. This was the earliest snow since 1951.

Comment

oh, good late morning!

Spencer said they are getting snow. I will just enjoy the pictures and fake snow in the Hallmark movies.

i like the idea of less elf time, Maxie. Maybe we can find a good bye letter te elf can mail to Andrew?

i have my sauce and meat cooked for the dinner for the evacuation center. The house smells yummy.

all these kids are grumpy today. No idea why...

i hope you all have a good day and keep dry dry if you are in that white stuff!

Comment

Working...
        X