Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/14 Wednesday

Trash day here...good morning!

So sorry, Jostoy, about the meds...we need the for one thing and then have to live with the side effects.

Yesterday was cold and smokey and we did not make it outside at all. the sun was behind a thick layer of smoke and was that light pink color all day.

Not much different about today, either. I am still dealing with all the changes of having to change my bank account including being very nervous about any little charge that shows up on my bank account now.

I hope we all have a good day and stay in touch! Determined tagged me in a post on Facebook and I was happy to see it and know she was following what is going on here. also very happy to respond that the elderly man she posted about has made contact with his family.

Stay well and upright!

Comment

Good morning! The sun is beautiful and not a cloud in the sky like a summer morning....but....it is 15* out and we are under a storm warning for a possible 6 inches of snow tonight. And the weather guy told us last night during the winter forecast that we are going to have a mild winter. Humm....wonder what planet he is on?

My little ankle removal thing was rescheduled for tomorrow and Jon is off tomorrow so he will drive me if the roads are passable. I have had to cancel tomorrow's shopping trip but looks like it would have been cancelled anyway. Today is girls lunch but I am not in the mood to do that. I will save any feelings of social I have for tomorrow. We all know there aren't that many feelings of social in my body as is.

Hung the door wreath yesterday. I seem to do one thing a day. Well, the wreath is to big. You have to work at closing the door but it is a pretty wreath and I am going to leave it...they will just have to push the door shut harder. Maybe it will flatten out a bit. Andrew wants to decorate the tree so we may do that tonight. He really angered me last night with homework. Said he did not have any and then after Sierra left he drags out a page of math. Jon brings it up to me and says 'wth?' and I look at it and say 'wth?' so he and his dad sat for a while with it and then Andrew went home early. we did not talk about it but I am thinking he went home to his mother with his math!

Going to put a beef roast on later...getting tired of pork. There must have been a lot of pork sales this summer because we have a pile of it in the freezer and you just get tired of it. Actually I am not that big of a meat eater but sometimes you just want something beefy.

After I cancel my lunch plans I will start laundry and have not ironed in a while. Andrew has left his room in a mess of train boxes and he and I are going to go around tonight. It may be his room but we do not trash it and then move on to make another mess. He froze a bottle of water yesterday and then kept cutting into it until I stopped it. He was just going to keep going until I had a puddle someplace and we all know who cleans puddles and mud and crumbs and trash and I could go on and on about all the things I clean.

Tonight's storm is going to head east so heads up people east of me...sun still shining for now.

Comment

Looks like we were posting at the same time so hoping someone merges us soon.

Comment

Good morning.
          Jostoy, I am sorry about those meds, too. I tend to forget how they can interfere with your mind and body. BTDT
          Paula, I guess it is going to take some time before the effects of those fires settle down. I read the warning is still in effect.
          It is going to be a while before all those people to be able to go back and rebuild and restablish their lives. My heart goes out to them.
          Maye, I’m glad you are starting to feel a bit better, but it takes time for those inner bruises to cease hurting.

This morning I have a PT appointment, tomorrow morning I see our new PCP. I don’t feel like seeing either one, but E thinks it is necessary. Saturday we go to a late show ..... a bit early for Christmas, but it is the only reservation time I could get.... it is already a sellout. No doubt the place will stick in extra tables for the event, and I hate that. I hate tables and chairs so close that I’m sitting thigh to thigh with a stranger; worse if the guy next to me sounds flirty. It is probably rude of me, but I ignore that kind of person as much as possible. Oh well.

So that will be my week. We will obviously have a couple meals out. I hate going to restaurants very often. I’d prefer eating at home any day. But.......

That said, I need to get some breakfast and get dressed.
          We still are in the 60’s, and I wouldn’t mind being in my jammies all day. Tomorrow the 70°’s come back, for a week anyway, according to our forecast.

Have a good day, everyone.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jostoy so sorry you cannot take anything for the discomfort. Those first few days with a broken bone are painful! How are those Hallmark movies?

Paula I think I heard this morning that more fires could break out and they are removing power lines so they do not spark if the winds knock them down. What a horrible thing. I sure do wish we could control the weather or maybe spread the precipitation out evenly!

Jo I love eating out...no matter where it is for the most part. I dislike pizza hut and golden corral and refuse to pay for stuff I cannot eat but I hate cooking enough that I could actually eat McD's regularly. Enjoy where you go.

Maye, glad you are feeling better. Time to fold towels and then take a coffee break. Or maybe vise versa....

Comment

Hey all! I guess it's afternoon here already. The sun is shining here too, but the snow is arriving here tomorrow morning with 3-6" predicted total. I'll believe it when I see it. One year in Bradford, PA it started snowing in mid-Nov and we did not see grass until March. But the kids never missed a day of school. They are great about getting the roads cleared. Yesterday was so dark & dreary ALL DAY. It looked like dusk, which means you get tired. Never did get a nap though.

Yesterday Sue & I baked all morning then I headed to town to grocery shop. My big deals of the day were pecans for $3.97/lb and 3lbs of Phili Crm Cheese for $3.99.

This morning Sue & I baked off most of the cookie dough I had mixed up along with buckeyes that I mixed this morning. I still have more to bake, but I'll do those after my doctors appt this afternoon. I have a mtg at church tonight to finalize plans for the Thanksgiving Dinner we are hosting for the community next Thursday.

Jostoy....so sorry to hear about all you injuries & pain.
              Maxie...I can have Blaise's room all cleaned up and within minutes it can look like a disaster area. I hate Legos.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the same with the daycare toys and kids
            Working...
            X