Cold and snowy Tuesday..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold and snowy Tuesday..

Holy Cow! It is only November and we have snow on the ground and temps at 20 and will not warm above freezing today. And to add insult to injury...more snow predicted for later this week. This is not fair! I texted Jon about road conditions since I will be trekking home to the doctor this morning. He said the roads are ok but be careful for slick spots. Going home is taking all back roads but they have been pretreating highways since Sunday. When we were coming home Sunday state trucks were out on both sides of the river spraying liquid salt. We went straight from summer to deep winter...like I said, Holy Cow!

I am still doctoring with that spot on my ankle I knicked 6 weeks or so ago. Today I should know how they intend to remove it. That is the reason not much will keep me from this trip.

The little tree is all fluffed and looks pretty darn good all lite up in the morning dark. This weather is putting everyone into the Christmas mood and I am seeing a couple of trees going up....anyone who waited to decorate their yards until after Halloween are out of luck with this snow and cold. Think I will put the candles in the windows just because I love the glow they make. I am telling you we went from summer to winter and straight into Christmas from Halloween around here.

Tried to order Sierra a pair of shoes on line and my order was cancelled because of my credit card so I called the credit company and they said they showed the order pending and it was ok on their end. So I called the shoe place back and reinstated the order and then got notice they cancelled it again. I use only one card for on line ordering so if I have a problem I know exactly what card and can remember what I have ordered. Credit card company says the glitch is on the other end and my card is good and other things I have ordered are ok. So this afternoon I will look for another place that carries those shoes. I told them I only use this card for online ordering and the guy said he could see that. Geeze, he looked at my history and knew what I used that credit card for! Sort of a Big Brother moment.

Have a pot of spaghetti and meatballs in the crock for supper tonight. Waited for Jon to get home yesterday with the weather to grocery shop so we only did one store. If the town roads at home are ok I will run into my ole local store and can get lunch meat and the salad dressing the kids like. Have a scouting bag to fill and want to stop at the Dollar Store and see if I can find a bigger crock pot. There will be 22 of us Thanksgiving at my sister's and I will need a bigger pot for potatoes!

Time to stop sitting on my cold feet and hit the shower. Want to make sure I have plenty of drive time. Paula, the pictures of California's fires is just heart breaking. I have no business complaining about a little snow and cold with what you are suffering in your state. The stories bring tears. Prayers to those people who lost everything in a matter of minutes.

Have a wonderful day..

Good morning, Maxie and the rest to follow.

Well I am a 2 house owner now. Not that I want to be, but that is the way things worked out.

Was cleaning up around the house outside yesterday, and had a small rake of my sister-in-law's. Well that was going a little slow, plus I had fallen the day before so my back was in pain. Anyway, I call L. and we went to Lowes to get a blower. Brought her back home, and returned to finish the leaves. When I went to plug the drop cord into the outlet on the porch. I tried ramming my head through the storm door. Yes I fell again only this time it was on concrete.

Anyway, my wrist started hurting real bad, but I had to get those leaves done as I'm leaving for home in the morning. I have known it was only going to be a matter of time, and that time arrived yesterday about 12:30. I finished the leaves about 3 and came back to L's. By that time my wrist was swollen, so we went to a Clinic. After x-rays and a Doctor's examination, I now have my wrist in splint. I broke the wrist in 2 or possibly 3 places according to the Dr.

Anyway, enough about about my woe's. Just want to say have a great day, and I hope this darn wrist quits hurting for the drive home.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, my gosh! My mom and did almost that same sounding break. Pins in her wrist now. Can your realtor take care of the leaves or getting some one to keep the yard until it sells? It is in the realtor's best interest...
      Take the pain meds they gave you and know that we ale all thnking about you and praying for you!

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      This happened at my new house. As to pain meds, I can't even take plain tylenol. So I'll just wait for the healing to get rid of pain.

Good morning.
    Our temps hit the freezing point two nights ago. As of last night, the low temps are in the 40°’s. Today’s high will be just 62°, but will be in the high 60’s tomorrow, then back in the 70°’s again. The 70’s don’t feel particularly warm when night temperatures are so low. But I can deal with it. I’ve got the furnace on. But these days I am pretty sensitive to the cold... it must be an aging thing.

yesterday I did the laundry. Today I’ll find other chores. Guess I will make meat loaf patties for todays dinner, and freeze dinner portions for the future. I’m told that with a mushroom soup sauce, they are much like Swedish meatballs.

The birds seem seem to have all migrated now. I miss their happy little chirps.

Well, I guess I’ll make my tea and oatmeal.

Have a a great day.

Jostoy, I guess you posted while I was typing. I’m sorry to hear about your falls. You are going to have to slow down, girl. Concrete is a bad place to fall. I fell on concrete 3 times, and my knees will never be the same. Same goes for my hubby.
    He has had both knee surgery and also on his shoulder. He gets far worse discomfort from that. Any more surgery on that could jeopardize his life, at his age.
    so you take care, and slow down a bit, okay?
    Last edited by JoGee; 11-13-2018, 09:29 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      It is my meds that I take for my essential tremors, not that I'm clumsy or going about things too fast. My meds cause me to loose balance.

Oh, I am a little late here. the morning is getting away from me.
    Last night I just couldn't get into a good sleep until later than usual and I feel it this morning.

One little girl for 5 hours yesterday so I am ready for the day, I guess.
    JoG, your temps will be lower than mine. We have highs in the 70's, low 70's, but yesterday Abby and I were chilly in the house and when I went out for something it was much warmer outside. This was after her nap so we went outside and enjoyed the sun. I had the heat on inside...

Becky volunteered at a donation receiving center yesterday and said they now are not taking any more clothing except underwear! No underwear at jWalmart or Target in Chico and Red Bluff (we have only Walmart). When stores like Walmart get shipments from out of state and not by the local store ordering you can have empty spots on the shelves for quite a time. and then stores complain that we are using online services like Amazon Prime...

Maxie, talk about big Brother moments: any time I look at something online, the next time I go to FAcebook that same item shows up in my feed! I checked on something for my mother on a site I had never even heard of and did not purchase anything for her, Boom! I go to Facebook and there is that same site appearing in my feed. OUr smart phones and ipads are getting too smart for our own good.

I hope you all have a great day.
    One good thing yesterday was a picture my friend's husband posted of going to San Francisco with the high school football team (of the burned out town) to see a j49'ers game all jpaid by the 49'ers. The Paradise team was set to play in the area championship Friday but because of the fire devastation they chose to forfeit. That meant our Red Bluff igh school team moved up to play. They all put the letter P on their helmets for Paradise and someone on the 49'ers saw it and heard the story why and moved into action! From Friday night high school football to Monday night NFL. Mike said he was wearing the only clothes he had and was to have an interview in the ESPN booth.
    He is a retired high school teacher and a school board member so was able to go with the team.

Ok, that is my good news story for the day and there are many others coming out of this horrible fire of lives being saved and thankful for that!

Love to all of you!

Comment

I am home...it was a quick trip and I got in early to the doctor and none of the stores I stopped at were busy. Roads were in great shape! Anyway, my car does not get cared for during weather and sits out since I am not suppose to go anywhere according to my family. So I am driving down the road and last nights snow is blowing off the car and under that is the icy snow from a few days ago. Stuck in it are acorns! While driving down the road some of them loosened and shot off the car and all I could think of is passing the big trucks coming from the northern snows all winter and how they shoot of big chunks of ice. Here I am shooting acorns! Plus what a sight I was in the parking lot with acorns stuck on top of my car. These snows have been early with the acorns still falling.

Having that spot removed Friday morning. He will do it in the hospital since it will need stitches but I don;t care. The infection is finally gone and it doesn;t hurt anymore.

Oh, Jostoy. How horrible. I agree you need to slow down. Hire a lawn service to care for the yard...they may even shovel snow for you when the time comes. Just sit inside and relax...everyone has leaves in their yard and some of us even have acorns. Just relax and watch Hallmark movies. It is a lot less painful!

My spaghetti sauce smells so good! Could not find a crock pot but bought a couple boxes of different flavored candy canes for Andrew. Some are so bad they get thrown out but he loves sampling...it is a game. Today I have Swedish Fish, Sweet Tarts, and Oreo. I had thought Sierra and I could go to Pantera's for soup but she is off meeting friends before class early. I am not going to go back out by myself....car temp never raised above 19 going and coming this morning.

Sun is shining and i need to call my sister back. The sister of her youngest son's SO was killed Sunday night so there is sadness. The anniversary of Sierra's friends is a few days off and it keeps running in my mind. You just do not forget...

Hope the sun is shining where you are and the temps are warm.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Those death anniversaries are hard and will always come up.
        The one thing that has helped me the most, especially in the first 5 years, was to
        Do something in my daughter’s honor that she would have done.
        And a call or a note to those morhers means so much!

Maxie, I read the description of your early winter snow and acorns to E. He says picturing that is delightfully humorous.
      thanks for the chuckles.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good late afternoon.

setting is still not on my real comfort zone yet... but will type a wee bit ... what is with the falling bet? I worry constantly about DAvid falling,,since his balance issue is getting worse.... and then its me that took the spill....yikes...

company coming This Sat.. so I called in daugh Karen for help... get this house... and especially the area where they sleep. and bathroom.etc. shiny clean.. and she did!!!. then cleaned living room and wiped down all things that we forget that get really sticky... doorways.. the bannister area to the downstairs.. the main doors around the door knob.. amazing how yucky they get.. so on Sat. I will sweep,mop the kitchen .and resweeper the l.Room..
        next problem... getting to groc. store... not sure I can set to drive yet... so making out a list. having 3 adult children all within a 7 mile radius , is grand!!!.

Maxie, big smile over the acorns on your car
        Jostoy.. ouch...falling and broken wrist is just not what you had time for right now!!!...
        Paula, have seen the fire pictures too.. so sad. and tragic... I wonder why people live along big rivers. and those who build houses in heavy wooded mountains...I guess the odds are in favor of , no fire,no floods.. but it can and does happen...

time for a bite of supper.. see you later..

Comment

Working...
        X