• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, 11/12, Veteran’s Day

Getting the day started...

Good Morning.

Nothing much going on here.
    Last night got to the low 30°’s, so it’s cold in the house. I actually turned the furnace on this morning. We will have the next few days with highs in the low 60°’s

It is a mocha morning for me. Maybe some oatmeal for my breakfast.

Don’t forget to thank all our Veterans today, and their families who supported them through their duties.

Have a a good day, everyone.
    Last edited by JoGee; 11-12-2018, 09:23 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good SUNNY Morning! I don't know how long we'll have sun, but I'm soaking it in now.

Yesterday was a busy one. I cooked all afternoon. Had fun playing cards during the evening with my Mom, SIL, & cousin Karen. Got home by 9:30. I kept nodding off while playing my game, so I headed to bed by 10pm, which is unheard for me. I feel good this morning.

There is no school today. I'm not sure if it's because of the holiday or because it's parent/teacher conference day. I've got a 2:45 appt. Kathy is SUPPOSE to come and watch Blaise while I go, but she's waiting to hear what time she has to report in for her first day of way today. She's going to be working the night shift, but I'd think they'd train her on day shift. We'll see. If she doesn't come, I'll just take Blaise with me. He's old enough now to just sit outside the door & wait. Karate this evening.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...We are under a winter weather advisory all day. It is only November 11 and we are having January weather. Hope this is not a sign of what winter will be when it is truly winter time!

Yesterday was such a nice day even if we shared it with the bf. He came in and spent the night Saturday since we left so early. Never want to inconvenience the bf. He did not like the cabin since it was a girl thing. Well of course it is a girl thing and it is something you do for the girls in your family. That is why we eat at Lambert's..for the guys. Jon came up after we got home and put the tree up. Andrew was excited but we won;t be decorating for a while yet. A new tree needs to be fluffled. It is the skinniest tree we have ever had but there will be room for the train and Andrew has the cars picked out and ready to set it up. He has it running in his room around his bed just because he is so excited. He did comment on it not being the big full tree we have had but is willing to give up fat for his train.

Today, weather permitting, I am grocery shopping. Tomorrow I have an early morning doctor's appointment...condition of the roads permitting. Wednesday is the girls luncheon and Thursday my sister and I are meeting to finish our shopping since we did not finish last week. I should be finished up this week....money permitting!

There is so much to do and I hate running every day. This weather is depressing. Yesterday I was cold from the time I left to shower until I got back into bed. Just chilled all day. No Andrew today so no cooking but no time for glumping around and wasting a day. Things to do, places to go..time permitting!

Paula, the news from your world is horrible. Maye, hope you are healing up. Have a good day everyone...

Comment

Good morning! OUr schools are out for Veteran's Day and normally I would make sure no one is coming, however, I have one parent who works from home as an insurance adjustor and Iknow she will be busy with all the claims from fires right now so I will be open for her. I am not sure if the mill where her husband works is off today or not. some businesses around here do not close.

There is an evacuation RV park near us, about 18 miles south that our church has been asked to make dinner on Thursday. Yesterday morning when we first heard about it the numbers were food for 75. By the time we got a confirmation of the day they needed our church to bring dinner it had grown to 180. So we are asking people to make a main dish for 10. I heard someone suggested soup, and I hope I can think of a nice way to say that isn't a good idea. Chili maybe, but chicken noodle is jus tnot a good option when you don't know how to get the amount of chicken in that each person really should have. Those paper bowl hold so little...I also asked my friend who does the shelter meals with me (even though we just made a meal last Friday) and she replied right away Absolutely And has another cliet that wants to help! Everyone wants to do something...and right now there isn't a lot. We will take the prepared, hot dish to the church and the youth group is taking it down to the RV park...

I was talking to friends at church who were evacuated and did not lose the house to fire (but the smoke will probably make it a loss) who said the first call to evacuate came at 6:30 am!!! No wonder so many left with so little. The school got the call a little after 8:00 when parents ahd dropped off but had not yet got to work or back home...I talked to a school secretary who told me of their efforts: the stuff of movie drama in real life!

So, please keep those prayers coming. My brother sent me a picture of a street he and others were cleaning up in FL, near Pat's, and said it was one of the better streets. It looked awful!!! Piles of trash, tree limbs and debris piled up on the street. Pat said the city had contracted with two companies and Only they can haul away stuff....Doug was cutting up fallen trees and doing roof work and mostly clean up...after Katrina they did building so maybe when the debris is hauled off they can come back and do more real help. I wonder how this will impact the tourist trade in Panama City?

So thankful for all who have served and continue to serve our country! So grateful I was raised by parents who taught us to be patriotic and love our country. Living outside the US reinforced how wonderful our nation is. And no matter where we lived, my parents voted.
        So thank your family members for me for their sacrifice and service and the sacrifice those wives and family members made supporting them. I remember a lot of holidays and birthdays my dad missed because of his service in the Navy.

Have a great day!

Comment

Maxie, the weather has been so unexpectedly crazy this year, maybe you will be wearing your bikini in January.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good evening...

I'm still setting very gently . tailbone is not sending out quite as many "sparks" ..but super sensitive to setting, lifting my legs to put on sock or slacks is still a major chore.. so I was home all day today... sent David off with daughter,her daughter Bethany,'s school was having a noon meal to honor the vetarans, and any student with a veteran was told to invite them.. made reservations ahead..so kitchen was prepared.. when they Brought David home.she said there was altogether about 240 there for lunch... BEthany was delighted that her "Pap" came to be with her... I could not see myself on the metal chairs. for 2-3 hours.. so I stayed home.

tomorrow K. is coming over to help tidy up this house in preparation for my house guest who are arriving Sat.. .things I would done last week. but , right now, I don't really care if there is cob web somewhere......just wish I could get some energy up and running and be excited about them..

Paula ,reading you post, I just can't imagine the devastation a forest fire leaves.. I have led a very (weather) sheltered life... we get some deep snows some winters... but most people are prepared with extra battery operated heaters. and lanterns.. and food stored ahead. and excellent road crews..
            ....how do they start over?..thankfully for their lives would be step one. and then?.

need coffee. DWTSs will soon be on... see you all later

Comment

Working...
            X