Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

It is 7:00 and we are leaving soon for our day at the Yule Cabin after our lunch at Lambert's......our house guest is already sucking the air out of me but I am not going to let it get to me. Breath in and breath out....

Good morning, everyone.
    This morning’s agenda: hot tea, breakfast, and newspaper.
    This afternoon: get my butt going with more sorting and discarding.

Reading about the current CA fires and tragedies. How devastating. I hope the people can get the aid they need.

Maxie, I hope your day goes well, in spite of the houseguest.
    Sharon, I hope you are doing well.
    Maye, I hope you are feeling better.

To all, have a very good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

My friend who is among those who lost their homes said she is sure helping Target's economy! They receive a discount for being fire victims. I went to Macy's yesterday to buy white shirts for 4 of our missionaries who lost everything. First, no short sleeved white shirts! I mean, it is California, and our weather is mild..so I bought two long sleeved and then went to Penney's where I bought every short sleeved and one long sleeved shirt. They were actually having a great sale of Buy One Get One and then when I went to the register the manager there heard me say I was buying for fire victims, so when I got to the register she asked me if she heard right and then told the cashier to take an additional discount off! That made me tear up.
      My friend also told me that when they were buying clothes at another store the lady behind her insisted on paying for their purchase!
      We all just want to do something.

Today is church and then a visit to my mom's and not sure what else. So far there isn't the smoke in the air that we had yesterday.
      After dropping the shirts and other things off for the donations I had a nail appointment and people were saying how their clothes smelled of smoke when they changed them. Ash was all over the car, too.

My FL brother is up in Pat's area volunteering on clean up. I was texting Pat about where to go to ask for some help but she said they have their tree cut up and the roof tarped. The city has contracted for hauling the wood and debris away so no one else can take it away. She said the streets are piled high with tree limbs, house debris and garbage from the hurricane. And no agency help! She said everyone is talking about Who they do see helping and Who they Do Not see helping.

I am getting too close to being political right now so I will stop.
      Maxie, I am going to try and look up that Christmas Cabin. Sounds like a shop I would love!

Jo, my favorite drink in the morning right now is chai tea and a toasted coconut tea bag. So good! There were only two boxes of the toasted coconut at Walmart yesterday and I bought both. The other grocery store did not have it.

I hope you all have a great day!
      Today would be a good day to get some offers from those who went to Jostoy's Open House, too.

Time to get moving and get dressed for church. I always consider it a plus when I know exactly what I am going to wear.

Comment

Good morning...I just got up at 945 leaving in a few for Bible Study..not really feeling it this morning...to many people yesterday! It was fun when I was able to help with the Apple butter butter...

Comment

Paula, my tea today is black currant. It’s really nice.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey all!!! It's a sunny one here today. Yesterday we had snow floating in the air, but nothing like Erie, Bradford, or Buffalo....they had close to a foot.

Yesterday I took Blaise Christmas shopping for his gifts for others and we filled 2 boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We did it all at Dollar Tree. After helping at the school's Holiday shop the past 3 years, I was NOT going to have Blaise shop there again. I'll give him a couple dollars so he won't feel left out, but the stuff they have & the prices they charge are ridiculous. We then did a quick lunch at BK then hurried home so he could get changed & go to karate. Came home & had zero energy left. Found some eventually and did some laundry and cooked dinner.

This morning was church & SS. Our church is one of the area drop off locations for OCC, so during the SS hour we packed boxes with items donated throughout the year. Then next week other churches will be bringing their boxes.

This afternoon I'm cooking a pot of chili for my lunches for the week, a broccoli salad for cards tonight, and Corky's pasta dish for his lunches for the week. I'm hoping to then have time & energy left to mix up a few kinds of cookie dough.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X