Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 11/10

good morning!

And good morning again! It is so smokey out and just came in fast and strong yesterday around 3:30. All of a sudden I smelled smoke and looked out to make sure it wasn't in my neighborhood, but the winds had shifted to bring the fire's smoke up here. Gray sky and it smells like everyone on the streets are burning leaves..I know I am always trying to give you guys a visual and an olfactory example to what it is like here.

All the Chico schools will be closed till after Thanksgiving due to the evacuations and the bad air quality. Even the college sent an email saying classes are Cancelled till Nov 26th! They said they will be in contact with faculty to decide how they will figure out going forward with the missed classes and work. They really put people first and I really appreciate that.

Stuart's school did their Veteran's Day assembly yesterday. He called us and said there were a lot more visitors than the last year. this was their third year of doing it, something he started as principal. He sent me an email he received from a man saying how much he appreciated the recognition for veterans and the education the students are getting. The best (and the reason Stuart sent the message) was he said he admired Stuart and the values it is apparent he was raised with.

I am going shopping today. I didn't really plan on it, but there are some things you just can't buy at Walmart and I decided to go to Macy's. I need to find out when the store opens and get there then. The whole thing with my account has made me not want to use any card! That can be a good thing, but when I need to shop for food and things I need to use the card and then have a better record for my taxes.

I am getting all the baking things we need, too. Most of the money I spent at Spencer's was on baking supplies and now I am stocking up here. Nothing like Donna but I hate running out of things...

I hope we all get our errands done and enjoy the weekend. Hallmark movies will be the entertainment and we also have Food Network Holiday Baking set to record!

Comment

I don't have anything nice to say so won't be saying anything and I am doing you all a favor by being quiet!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
        The house is pretty chilly here. Soon it will be time to get the furnace on, if it stays this cool. Meanwhile, it’s a good day for sleeping in late, and considering if I should just stay in my warm jammies.
        Today my cuppa is hot tea instead of mocha.

So nothing exciting is on our agenda today. E is making progress in cleaning out the garage. Maybe we can fit the car in it by next week. The people at GoodWill are beginning to recognize him, as we discard stuff that will be more useful to others now. I am going through stuff as well. I am surprised how much stuff I packed away years ago. Most of my art supplies are dried up, and in the trash. I found a folder behind my cookbooks (I have 2 kitchen bookcases) that contains many old RT recipes. If you are looking for some, ask me and I’ll see if it’s in that folder. Sweet memories from RT friends we haven’t seen in ages. it’s a keeper!

Paula, I’ve read more than I’m comfortable with about the new CA fires. E says he is sorry to hear about the loss of your friend’s home. It’s a shame of our country’s leader to take the stance of faulting the people in CA for not doing enough to prevent the natural disasters. (I gather that the fire began in the middle of the night, and weather conditions spread it so quickly.) I’m not certain if he is going to allow aid to the area or not. (No doubt it is cutting into his golfing time at his resorts.).

Hoping everyone one has a good day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X