Thankful for Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankful for Friday

Good morning...My day started at 530. My parents are here and daddy decided to shut the alarm off the house and open the front door at 530 both activities are made known to me from a box in my room so I was awake...work today should be a little bit slower than yesterday....

After work I will be going to my sisters....today we are slicing apples tomorrow is apple butter making day..I am so excited I love apple butter!

Morning! Well, it snowed last night...just a bit on top of a pile of leaves or the garden globe that got forgotten but it is snow and it is still dropping little somethings from the sky with maybe more somethings this afternoon...temps in the 20s. Winter is here and no one is happy.

Yesterday we got a late start since I had to maneuver through a detour. I can hardly follow the way I have been driving for years then throw in a detour? well, I was a few minutes late and we lingered over coffee. Then my sister locked her keys in her car. Funny! My BIL drove an hour and half to unlock her car so we had to stop shopping and go back to meet him then restart...we did not lose our momentum but got right back into the groove. We took several breaks and were leisurely in our shopping and it got to late for our lunch break. I had to stop at McD's for supper! But I have a good start and was tired so maybe this afternoon I will sit and make an online order or two. Bought two wreaths and since the tree box is still in here I just piled them on top. One is for the door and the other is the neatest fruit wreath that I will sit on the table around a lantern the kids got me a few years ago. I am getting into the mood but we were surprised that the mall was not decorated yet and no Christmas music. In fact there were not that many people shopping.

Paula Andrew loves his remote control cars and drones. I gotta say he hates clothes for Christmas but had no problem asking for money for the book fair today. Yikes...I just had to order a magazine too. Wish they would plan this stuff more for Spring and not around the holidays.

I am going to go in and make another cup of coffee and see what Hallmark movie is on. Have to cook tonight but no school Monday and the next week is Thanksgiving and they only go to school for two days. For some reason they have a long Thanksgiving break but Jon managed to get a few days vacation for the first time ever and Scott will be wrapping up his sick leave so we are planning a day trip to Beth's neighborhood after Thanksgiving. Old St. Charles is not to far over the river from us and Beth knows how wonderful it is at the Holidays.

So gotta get the holidays off my brain and get things done around here. Winter is settling in around here so hope someone out there is having a warm sunny day. White stuff when it doesn't even stick is icky!!!!

Comment

Well, after the REd Fire Alert I mentioned yesterday it all came horribly true: the town of Paradise about 65 miles from me and the one where my BYU roommate lives is almost totally destroyed. the hospital is gone, the high school, churches, restaurants, Mcdonalds's...and so many homes. My friend's daughter messaged me that their home is gone It is such a beautiful area, up a two lane road form chico and the fire has come down into the Chico area last night. The campus is safe but they cancelled classes today because so many staff and students have been evacuated.

I am making hamburger stroganoff for the shelter dinner tonight. And my one clingy baby si going to Grandma's today so that gives me a little moer room in the daycare schedule.

Gotta run and will check in later.
      Thanks for always letting me ramble on.
      Great ideas for tether ball and remote cars!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I just read about that fire on face book this morning. And then another mass shooting yesterday morning. So very sad!

Good morning.
      Cannot believe I slept til almost 8 ..... wait, yes I can. It was another toss & turn night. I think I got 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
      It is only 51° out right now, but will be in the 70°’s eventually. I guess I would rather complain about the early day coldness that is in the 40-50°’s now, than 20° weather. Right, Maxie?

We did go out out to dinner last evening. I wore a blouse and slacks topped by a sweater, but E decided to go in a short sleeved polo shirt and shorts. But he is hot blooded, so to speak, and I’m easily chilled these days. His friend had long pants, a light shirt, and a weird looking jacket. We didn’t recognize him at first because he had scruffy hair and beard and overgrown mustache. But people show up in all manner of dress there, from evening wear, to party wear, to scruffier looking streetwear and flip flops.
      The menu is now a book, I kid you not. But it’s easier to find appetizers, lunch and dinner menus, the “light fare” offerings, the special and regular brews (it’s a micro brewery) from regular beverages. The last page is desserts. Any special or short term dishes are on a chalkboard menu at the entrance.

Today we get to make up for all the stuff we didn’t get done at home yesterday.

Got a list of “specials” for spa treatments from my hairdresser in yesterday’s mail. She always writes personal notes on these to me. She sells a line of spa products as well. Two lines, actually...one brand for skin and another for hair. I don’t do the spa stuff, just my haircuts. So, maybe next week or the week after I will get an appointment, when I cannot deal with my hair. So far so good.

Beth, hope work goes well today. Apple butter is extra yummy when it is freshly made.

Well, let’s see if anyone else posted while I was typing and enjoying my cuppa ☕️.

Have a great day, whatever you are up to today.

———————————————

I hadn’t read today’s news yet. I did see an article last night about the shootings, and the Red Fire Alert (before the fire started).
      Far too many shootings in today’s society.
      I hoped the fire warning would stay just that.
      How very sad.

Paula, the hamburger stroganoff sounds yummy!
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-09-2018, 10:40 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        But we do not need gun laws or regulations, right? If you say anything about guns then gun owners think you are coming for their guns. They can hang a HUNTING gun in every room in their house or even off their nose it they want but we do need control on automatic weapons and available mental health care. More and more people do not have any coping or social skills at all. My opinion of course...

I need a break so sitting a moment here. The stroganoff sauce tastes perfect! I will cook up the meat as soon as the last child gets here. School is cancelled for my one boy and everyone is so excited to have Gage here today. Another plus for my schedule.

i have made 2 calls about changing my bank account this morning. United Healthcare and Humana left and Not easy to see what number to get them.
      Definitely a quiet time task!

If you like hot cocoa there is an Oreo flavored one that is so good!

I posted enough yesterday to show the fire damage. Today I am concentrating on what help can I do now and looking forward when there will be more known.

Have a good day!

Comment

Maxie, you are right. Background checks should be required. (That isn’t done at gun shows.) The automatic rifles used in war (AK47’s?) should stay with the military who are serving the country, though. They have no business being anywhere else.
        A better look at health issues, especially mental health, should be readily available. Yes!
        Also, the “transfer” of guns should be monitored as cars are. Too many “street guns” out there.
        Keeping guns well locked up to prevent childrens’ accidents, or teenage “show & tell” at schools.
        Hunting rifles aren’t bad, I agree.
        Concealed weapons should be licensed only. Maybe every gun should be licensed......people don’t need to build an arsenal at home. Some have like 20 guns..... why? Ridiculous! That is for power, not self-defense.

As as I said before, I have had guns (pistol and rifle) pointed at me in my lifetime, and that alone caused me mind-blowing fright. Both were people close to me, but simply couldn’t take “no” for an answer. I don’t condemn guns, but I think my outlook on them makes sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good afternoon

I see I have been absent... sigh.

I fell.. after all my nagging DAvid over and over again about him maybe falling... I did.!.... I was setting on the little roll- about computer chair.. reached out to answer the phone over on the stand. and little chair rolled the other way . dumping me on the floor. somehow I collided some part of chair with my
          Tail bone area.. leaving me in Pain.. any pressure on left butt and left leg cause sparks to fly. at tailbone and all around that area..
          so I have been basically chair bound. in the house.. nothing is broken . just very badly banged up nerve endings. so......... no shopping trips. no bending to pick up anything. struggle to get up ,down in chairs. I DID NOT NEED THIS A WEEK BEFORE HOUSE GUEST ARRIVE!.. setting at computer just became possible this afternoon ,( straight chair ,pillow). so discussed with myself.........so read read read..

hopefully tomorrow I can make up some pie dough and put in pan..
          some of the things I wanted to get done next week , may never get done.. and right now,, I don't care.

and of guns..... we have guns .. alway have had them.. the only one loaded is the one in the little stand top drawer in bedroom by David's hand.. it's an intruder safeguard...the rest are unloaded and are family hand-me-downs.. DAvid also has a license to carry a weapon.(altho he never does) he goes to courthouse and gets his permit renewed, signed,stamped. I figure he spent a year in Korea, he has that perk coming.. btw... the first thing grandkids and now great grands are and will be taught....YOU do NOT go in Pap-pap's bedroom,,, that is private place !.. and is enforced...

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            No one needs a fall especially before company but they will just be glad you are ok. Take care and rest and do not overdo...sitting on a heating pad will make you warm anyway!

Good Golly, Maye! I’m sorry you fell like that. No fun. BTDT. (I tend to fall on concrete.).
          Take it easy, slowly; don’t rush to do things. Maybe a GD can come help the day or two before guests arrive.
          Also, take aspirin.
          (((((Hugs)))))
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X