X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, 10/21

Just starting .....

I am back. ☕️ Good morning.
    We had our winds yesterday, and they sounded stronger throughout the night. It didn’t really stop yet, but at least it is not so strong now.
    The temps are in the low 80’s for a high. Rain is a possibility for one day this coming week.

No major plans today. Will be doing smaller chores today, if I get ambitious. A crockpot supper for tonight, I think.

Tomorrow i am due at the labs for my monthly blood tests. Then see my NP for my followup exam. Be ready for a blood infusion if the blood tests have a major drop in my red count....I don’t think it’s likely, though.

....and that’s all that’s going on here.

have a great day.
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-21-2018, 11:01 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning! Would you believe there is snow in the forecast this morning? BRRRR!!!!

Had a very nice weekend with my friend Maureen. She got here mid-morning on Friday and we started right into making our applesauce and apple butter. Neither one of us needed a ton of AS or AB, so we had all we wanted made up by supper time. The AB needed simmered all night before it was ready for canning. I also taught her how to make Chicken Barley soup from scratch. Came to the conclusion that she'll probably NEVER make it that way again. She MAY buy canned broth and pre-cooked chicken and assemble it all in a crockpot and put the quick cook barley in the pot when she gets home from work and let it cook another hour. Whatever. I tried.

We relaxed and watched a couple movies during the evening. NO PROJECTS! I warned her of that.

Yesterday we got up and canned the apple butter. Becca arrived as we were cleaning up...perfect timing! Late morning we headed out for the day of fun. We went up to a little town we passed thru when visiting Becca when she was in college. We went thru all the little shops. We had so much fun. Each one was completely different than the others as far as what they carry. I picked a couple Amish jams...Blk Raspberry and Strawberry Rhubarb. I wasn't in the spending mood, but I had fun helping her shop. We had fantastic homemade chicken noodle soup in the one shop. Had a really nice chat with the owner/cook/baker.

We had talked about going to Pittsburgh back to the Pierogi Shop that we had dinner at a couple weeks ago before the concert. Well we were so pooped out, that we just picked up pizza from Pizza Hut and had that when we got home. Ate it & watched a movie before Becca headed home. She traded 16 hr shifts with a co-wrkr. He worked her's yesterday and she's working his today. She needed to get home & get to bed. We would have gone to the theater to watch a movie, but there wasn't anything interesting showing.

This morning Blaise FINALLY didn't have a fever (had one for 5 days) and Kathy wanted to take him to the Science Center Museum, so Cork took him down to her place after church. Maureen & I HAD planned to go to Kings for breakfast before she left, but she was feeling fat, so we just came home here & got her car loaded up and got her on her way home. I think I'm going to take a day & relax...maybe. I know we aren't going to play cards tonight.

Thru all this I've been keeping my sugar levels lower. The doctor is going to be happy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning! It was so windy all day yesterday I did not even walk to the mailbox. Not that I worried about being blown away but that I did not want to get hit with flying debris...some of the gust were unbelievable and then later in the afternoon it started to blow in cold. And all this with full sun! Quiet out there this morning and still sunny but must be cold by the way the furnace is running.

Yesterday I did all the ironing and cleaned the kitchen and did some laundry AND the Blues won. It was a nice way to end a productive day. We ordered pizza and watched the game and today it is another Hallmark afternoon. We do not watch football so Sunday tv is limited. I could run to the mall but am not seeing that burst of energy or incentive at this exact moment.

Yes, Jostoy, if we won the lottery around here moving would be top of my list. However, I would not change my life style much but it would be nice to know I could do whatever. Since my son has not come in yelling I am assuming we did not win. He is in a big pool at work plus we both bought some. If someone did win I hope they are a close relative on mine who really really loves me!

Sister calling so looks like coffee break time. Have a good day...

Comment

So good to hear from Pat here. Prayers that her landlord will agree to their working in exchange for rent.

Yesterday started with a little vertigo and then some ginger tablets and it finally stopped. We went up to Medford and had beautiful weather the whole way. Driving through the burned out fire areas was pretty sad. And the lade is getting way down again. I love buying gas in OR because they pump; you are not allowed to pump your own gas. I actually have friends who complain about it, but not me!

Today I am making Donna's orange chicken for dinner after church.
        And starting to gather the clothes I need for packing. I hate hearing that snow word, Donna! I do not have a coat for back East and am counting on wearing my heaviest sweater (long one) and layering. I do have a warm hat and gloves. had a friend's aunt make me the hat a couple of years ago for a winter trip to Utah and haven't worn it since. Very cute cloche style with ribbon wound through the bottom of it and you can change out the ribbon.

Jo, good luck at the medical appointments.
        Maxie, I am ironing during Hallmark today!

I am off to get dressed for church and then to organize my purse: too much in it and too heavy.
        Have a wonderful day and count those blessings!

Comment

Well, it seems like I can’t trust the weather app for even an hour. The winds continued, by noon we had severe weather warnings for thunderstorms, then around 3 we heard some gentle thunder and the rain began. At the moment the rain stopped or moved on, skies are filled with gray clouds, nothing severe happened thank goodness, and the warnings stop at 5 p.m. it is 71°, nice and cool.
          as it stands now, tomorrow is supposed to be clear - and if that’s true it will be a nice drive to the Cancer Center.
          Then Tuesday it is supposed to rain again.
          A cushy job those weathermen have, eh? They aren’t wrong if they change those forecasts real quick.
          they just changed our weather warning til 5:30
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X