Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...Oct. 20

Good morning all.

Didn't make in here yesterday. More phone calls and writing letters to verify that I no longer own anything at Lake Trego.

I'm beginning to think that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing on the house mortgage in Fort Wayne. The one I deal with asked for the president's phone number, which he got. Then he calls back and says it is all straightened out. So I asked him what made the presidents mouth more of a Bible than my mouth.

So yesterday I got a letter from the Co. in Ohio asking that I right a letter to verify that I no longer own that property. So I did that. Now tell me that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. It wasn't the buyers that caused the housing drop in 2008. It was the stupid bankers who loaned the buyer more money than they knew they couldn't repay.

I guess you can tell I'm pretty much put out with all this. If I could do it over, there wouldn't be any buying of a house. I'd park my butt in that 55+community.

Well now I feel a bit better. Even though it's a tiny bit.

Everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 10-20-2018, 09:01 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning.
    I spent all day yesterday catching up with the laundry, and a few other chores. So much to get done. Didn’t get to the tree trimming yet.
    Today, a couple of errands to run. If the predicted winds hit, I won’t be trimming that tree today. But it’s high on my list.
    Hubby went to urgent care yesterday for his aching arm. They took a couple of xrays. Then told him he might want to talk to his doctor. Well, his PCP appt was changed to the end of November, because our doc will be out the day of his original appt. he thinks the smarter thing to do would be to talk to the doc/surgeon who took care of his arm before.
    Obviously, the trouble with aging, is when something goes wrong, recurrence is too easy.
    oh well, all we can do is plod through life as best we can. Hopefully with a smile.

Jostoy, I’m sorry you’re on that merry-go-round of changing residences. They really don’t make transactions very easy, do they. Everyone involved is afraid they are going to lost a buck, so to speak.

Beth, I hope you are doing better, now that you are home again.

To all, have a very good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      JoG, I think E. is smart to see his surgeon. He will know a lot more than a PCP.

Good morning...looks sunny out there but who knows for how long. Need to return on of the shirts I bought Andrew...it has buttons. Yep it has 3 little buttons at the neck and he refuses to wear it...and I thought he just hated collars! He is so darn picky but he knows what he wants. After all this is a boy who waited months for his birthday present because those were the boots he wanted and he would wait.

I have never started the ironing so will probably spend an Hallmark afternoon then the Blues play at 6:00. Lots of things I can do while ironing. Next week there is a lot going on with Andrew's early dismissals and no school Friday and his dad and I both have dr. appointments. School has early dismissals because of parent meetings. Drew brought home grades last night and they were very good. Cannot believe we are already through the first quarter of school...seems they just started!

Jostoy I do not envy you the aggravation of relocating especially with the paperwork and redundancy and stress. Plus this is a entirely new life you will be settling into. But you will do fine...if you call that bitching then keep coming here to do it. I bitch, moan, groan and complain all the time around here and it does make you feel better to just say it out loud!

Well, no one won the lottery last night and can you believe it is a billion dollars? They say money does not make you happy but I can guarantee just a few million of that would make me the happiest person in the entire world. They say you have friends coming out of the woodwork but would that affect how antisocial I already am? It would certainly make getting away a lot easier! Snap your fingers and the helicopter would appear and whisk me away...yep, I would like being rich! Or just a few million rich!

Looks like the sun has disappeared so back to normal gloom. Beth hope you are feeling better. Have an exciting weekend everyone!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, if I could win that money, which is unlikely as I don't buy the tickets, I swear I'd give this house away, and buy the house in F.W. outright. I'd love to stop all the crap of the banks unheard-of charges.

I am on my was out the door to go up to Medford, OR today with Becky for family visit. We both had things to do to leave here and not have the day fall apart while we are gone. Be a three hour drive up there and it should be pretty. I am hoping to stop by the flagship Harry and David store up there.

I have been going through the ironing basket and I have 4 shirts I can wear if I just get going on it. I don't mind ironing at all once I get the board out. for fast jobs(aka I need it now!) I use the top of the washer and a towel...

The count down to my trip has begun, but besides packing and sneaking the suitcase around so the dog does not stress out, I have an appointment Tuesday evening and a meeting Thursday evening. And a medical appointment on Friday morning that I had to tell the parents I would be doing a Late Start at 10:00am that day. It really only affected one parent who said her aunt would watch him because she and her husband could not take off any more days...which in the past might have stressed me, but I know that some of the days off they have taken were their own choice. I had the choice of the first appointment or one in late morning which would have meant being closed all day. So this is my life and I am owning it. Kind of.

I hope you all have a good day, your team wins, the winds die down and the sum warms things up. Did I cover it all?

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula, I think we here in the Ohio Valley had your Santa Anna winds today. Sure had to button down the hatches. The tree leaves haven't even changed colors, but we sure have a lot of leaves on the ground as well as tree limbs.

as usual, I get to show up here at "bedtime".. it is for David..

been a long day.. was not feeling great.. sneezing, blowing nose. aching joints.. yck,,,, winter is coming !!!!!.
    we did not go out of the house today.. and I did very little else... just about every day this week, I sorted somewhere in the house.. and throw out stuff.
    got my unread books organized ..lined up . that will be my "just in case it snows" backup supply.. there are drawers that look half empty now.. fridge and freezer look neat. slowly , so slowly I will get things done that will not need RE-Done... (washing dishes is redone work).

glad to see Pat posted.
    Paula, enjoy !. your family visit.. a memory made !.
    Maxie, we got the Dr appts done this past week.. it sure seems to cut up your week doesn't it?
    Hi Jostoy and JOG... and all you other lovely folks.. see you tomorrow. unless I'm really under the weather.. sure hope not!

Comment

Working...
    X