Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, 10/18

Good morning.

Where is this month going.....it’s almost 2/3 gone?

its good to be back home. It’s nice to walk on flat floors, not broken bricks hidden by rugs. The lady said “it is to capture the flavor of Mexico”. We did get another, more comfortable room after E’s fall. His bad arm is back to square 1, pain and cannot lift it much, and he needs to see a doc. He might go to urgent care today, or tomorrow.
    i am recommending that he call the doc he had before for it. So we will see. The B&B owners did refund about half of our bill.

Today will be sunny and 81°.
    Today is PT day, grocery shopping for staples, and laundry.
    Then back to getting rid of all the extra stuff here.

Hope you all all have a great day!
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-18-2018, 08:41 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good morning...starting off as being just another day around here. Pretty much the same way yesterday ended...just another day.

Comment

Good morning, Jo, and all who post after me and even a good morning to all who aren't here..
      I hope Sharon returns. I have seen her post on Pat's page. I will go to her page today and say hi.

It should be a good morning: one baby is going to doctor appointment and won't be here until around lunch time. Although he will probably sleep all the way home...So activities will have one less interruption and one less diaper to keep watch on. Three kids in diapers and that makes for a lot of stop and go around here.

I am getting clothes ready for my trip on the 27th. I have cleaning to go in and waiting for a couple of pairs of pants that I ordered. I hope they fit well. I just don't have time to go to Redding and Macy's and Walmart does not have anything I want right now. I have lots of jeans
      and more than enough capris, but I doubt that will work for Maryland.

I wish I had something great to say. Oh, Pat did post that when they got home from errand to Walmart someone had tarped their roof. She didn't know whom, but I am wondering if the landlord had it done...I gave her information on a massive amount of volunteers coming in this weekend and where she could go to ask for help. My brother is going on an anniversary cruise or he would be among those going. There will be weeks of volunteers, though and lots of opportunities for him. After Katrina he went to Miss every weekend (3 day) for about two months to the same small town cleaning and then rebuilding. He said the Methodist church fed them and the Catholic church housed them at night.

Well, I better get going. I am washing up to put away...and to donate.

Have a good day and spread the cheer.
      Jo, I hope E's arm gets treated and he can start using it again.

Comment

Good morning...I got home last night..boy was sleeping in my own bed wonderful!!!! I have to be extremely careful with what I eat for a while.

Daddy will be here today we will run to Walmart.

On the way home from Walmart I want to stop and wash my big quilt and bedding. Thats my big excitement for today clean bed sheets.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you are home and feeling better. I call clean bedding a very big deal! Enjoy it!

Good SUNNY Morning!

Blaise is home sick again...it's day #3. He threw up during the night, but that seemed to be a turning point. No fever this morning, but he's still achy and tired. I'm going to pick up his homework at the school around noontime. Poor lil guy. Now I BETTER NOT get this bug!

Yesterday I started the cleaning. Tore apart the spare room and got it started looking more presentable. Cork scrubbed the carpet in there this morning. I got the pantry organized again, so now she can walk thru it to the bathroom w/o tripping or getting bumped. Started pulling out canning jars & canners. Getting ready for Maureen's visit. She'll be here about 9:30 tomorrow morning, so you won't see or hear from me until Sunday. When she gets here, we are going to start a pot of chicken barley soup. She loves soup, but has never made it from scratch, so last year we decided that'll be one of our projects this year. I need to buy a box of barley to put in her goodie bag I have started for her. It's part of my Christmas gift to her. We combine her BD and Christmas when she comes every year.

Speaking of every year....it's been 9 years now since Kathy ran away, was found, put in a detention center, and was found to be pregnant. Awwwww….such memories. Maureen came the morning after she ran away. She was my support & shoulder to cry on thru all of that. One nice thing though, after she was found, that was the best nights sleep I had had in a very long time. At least I knew where she was at. We took Becca shopping for a homecoming dress and actually laughed.

Today I'm doing more cleaning, and what gets done is all that's going to get done. I've got a pie in the oven right now for the Bistro. Will deliver that when I go get the homework. My last wedding order is getting picked up this morning. In fact, she should have already been here. Next week I'll defrost the garage freezer now that those cookies are out of there. Corky thought that freezer was dying because it was making an awful noise. Well here it was because the one shelf was actually empty & it was vibrating loudly. LOL! Fixed that quickly by putting a couple large bags of frozen fruit on it.

Well, back to work! Hope you are home Bethina!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't you hate when the little ones are sick? Nothing you can do but make them comfortable when you would really just like to be sick for them. A good friend like yours is a rare commodity and a blessing!

Jon is off again today and already has chicken set out to thaw for chicken Parmesan tonight. He will bread the chicken and cook in the air fryer then put on the sauce and extra cheese to melt in the oven. Sounds delish. When I got home yesterday from running he had the apple cake in the oven. Funny it was not as good as I remember but a lot better this morning. It went great with a hot cup of coffee for breakfast. I hate when he takes stored days off as mental health days but gotta admit they are mental health days for me too. Finally got the sheets on Andrew's bed and see I need to run the vac in there and in the kitchen...also need to wash rugs with all the rain we had and the guys doing the yard work I requested. Sierra is still in bed and only uses us as a place to sleep and change into clean clothes. I have her work shirts to iron. Blues lost another last night...no matter my love they have to give me an occasional win. But it is not how you start the season but how you end it! Guess I'll go do some ironing and have a load of whites that needs washed. Like I said before, just another day!

Comment

Good evening .. Yes ,I am alive and well.. had a sad, emotional day yesterday.... I had decided to leave my Pcp Doctor .after 10 years with her..
          ... had my last appointment with her.. all is well... she did assure me If I changed my mind,I could call her again... however, she lives to the south and would , if the need ever came up, want me to go to hospital even. farther south....... With David not driving, we will have to depend on adult children for help when, if we have any hospital "stuff"... etc etc.. going north we are only 10 min from the hospital.. and David has the nicest Doctor... I ask him if he would take me as a patient and I got a lovely answer from him. so , medically ,I will be in good hands.. and everything is so much closer.. his office only a couple miles from our house..
          but I was heart-heavy to leave her. and the "girls" who work there.
          so have been moving slowly today.. did some sorting. and tossing.. rearranging. my books shelfs.. I see I have approx. 20-25 books I have bought ,never read yet.. they are my "snow day " books ..in case I can't get to library, because of weather or whatever..

Donna now I know why you did not call for Grease ball.. Maureen's coming!... making myself a note "POP in and SEE Maureen".
          Bethina, take care of yourself now.. go slow..
          Hi Maxie..someone to help cook.. wonderful. can I borrow him?
          Paula, you are amazing . 3 babies?.. sigh.. to be young again... how old are these little diaper users?
          JoG. what a shame about E's arm.. sure ruin a vacation!..

back to recliner chair.. got 4 borrowed books.. two of them on the Kindle.and they have to be read first.. the reg. library books I can renew ,from computer site. . May the Lord always provide me with eyesight. I do love to read.
          see you all later.

Comment

Working...
          X