Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/17 Wednesday

Starting this day off and running!

Well, now my font is better for me to read and hopefully, it is for you, too.

Pat said to give all here her love and she appreciates the prayers.
    Her landlord did not have insurance on the house and her friends there are giving some advice: get with FEMA asap seeming to be the best one.

The garbage is right now being picked up and that gave me a few extra minutes to clear every bag in the house that had garbage in it.
    Nothing in my mind right now, so I will check in later and see what your posts motivate me say.
    Beth, I hope you are home and better.

Comment

good morning ,

quick hello... I will be leaving very shortly for PCP visit... going to be a sad one...I have been with this lady for 10 years .but am leaving her today

Should I need hospitalized she would send me to her hospital choice.. but we live much close to a hospital north of us..and it is where Davids Dr. send his patients.. so I will be switching to his office for care... but I will hate leaving her... I don't need much more than a check up and follow up on blood pressure ...It's will be sad.

see you later..

Comment

Good morning! Did not want to get out of bed this morning..I'm telling you these cooler mornings are making it hard to get a start. Jon took today off for some reason and tomorrow is his day off so I do not have to cook for 2 days although I do need to grocery shop for a few things. Found an old apple cake recipe that I may make up today. Nothing is happening around here..life is boring but not complaining. When nothing is happening then there are no problems.

Have a good one!!

Comment

Still in the hospital. I have been diagnosed with gastritis. They are also saying ovarian cyst. When I came my white blood cell count was up. So was my lipace. They are both back to normal. I am more than ready to go home.

Comment

Maye, hate when you have to change doctors. I stayed with mines partner when he left and have not been near as happy. Hope you have a better result. Beth, get better soon! Poor Pat, hope her landlords lack of diligence does not cost them a lot of money.

This morning I finally sat and did some Christmas shopping on line. Ordered the big lego Andrew wanted and something for my sister and sil's. It had been in my head so might as well break down and spend the money. The nieces and nephews will get gift cards for restaurants and the little guys will get toys but we have a shopping date set with their mother so that will be easy. Boy do I miss Toys r Us! And boy am I going to miss them as the season goes on. Jon and I always took a big trip for Andrew's Santa gifts. He also ask for a step counter watch. May have to have his mother's help with that..thank goodness she is helpful. Of course those are big gifts she does not have to buy and I understand that and so does she! Sierra just wants gift cards so I wrap a lot of light weight boxes and I do wrap every card in a box!! So, Maye, there it is..I have officially started my Christmas shopping. Will not be finished by Halloween but not Christmas Eve either.

It is noon and been a pretty productive morning. Time to get dressed...

Comment

Good afternoon.
              we just arrived home at noon. It's 70° here and will get to 76° today.
              The trip has sapped our energy. Mostly from the long driving.
              so the balloon fest did not happen due to heavy rain and winds. The following morning had some snow and then more rain. It stayed in the low 40's for the rest of our time there.

E will see a doctor tomorrow morning about his arm..... He can barely use it.
              The B&B people were pretty nice. BUT her beautiful interior decorating did lack thoughts of efficiency, safety, and a few other measures. He did the cooking, and did a nice job of it including presentation. His neighbor provided the best homemade strawberry jam I had ever eaten. We missed out on his luscious apple pie, though. His occupation before this .... he graduated from a seminary, but went into real estate instead. Now he and his wife retired to run this B&B.
              our first room was a big suite, but you could feel the mangled broken bricks in the floor under the thick carpeting. I don't know if they ever got a lock on the outside door to the room, but still the inside door to it was sliding and no lock. I don't know if they will put a grab bar in the tub area, where E had a mishap..
              the second room was a regular bedroom, with a large closet (needs knobs on the closet doors), and it's own private bathroom with a shower you can sit in if necessary. The window she left open in the room could not be completely closed, but Ellis showed him and he pulled out something that held the window at a slight angle that prevented closure. It took 3 minutes to fix that. But it's a work in progress for them.
              I enjoyed coming back in the evenings, seeing the bunnies coming from the horse ranches, running across the road to the homes on the other side. (They tried to convince us no critters would come in if we left the patio door open at night. Yeah, sure.)

anyway, it's so good to be home. After tomorrow's PT, I have sheets and laundry to do.

beth, I'm sorry you have to be in the hospital. Hope they are ready to release you, and you are feeling better. I bet Cori misses you.

i am glad the damage to Pat's home was minimal, considering the devastation we have heard about. They are still in my thoughts.

maxi, for Christmas here, I just pull out my check book. I need a few new pens, but they all get a check in a card. This year we will add a note that all gift checks will be cut down....a necessity with the growth of families. From our children and grands, and greats, and spouses, they number about 40. It adds up.

i am glad to hear that Jostoy will be moving closer to family. That should help a lot.

paula, Cookie, Maye.... Hello,

did sharon move on to Facebook? Don't see her posting these days.

hope your day was good.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                JoG, the last I talked to Sharon, she said she just needed a break for a while. I also think it was either last week or this week that they were going on vacation with her sisters.

I thought New Mexico was warm like Arizona.

Good afternoon everyone.

Finally finished washing and switching out my clothes from summer to winter. I have more clothes than I really need. I pack in totes, so when I get ready to move, 1/2 the clothes are already packed. Will only need to pack winter things up. The moving guy that I'm getting the estimate from did say that dressers can be loaded, then we can put the drawers back in with the clothing in them. That's how I've always moved before. Sure makes for less unpacking.

Another chilly day. I got out to vote this morning as I need help in filling in those little circles. If I waited until the actual voting day in November, the judges wouldn't have time to fill in the little circles for me.

Hope all have enjoyed their day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Jo, I thought NM was pretty much the same as AZ, too. Maybe just in summer. I don't think the heavy rain and then the snow was expected, but we brought not enough warmer clothing. The weather apps showed only 2 days of cooler weather, but it turned out to be 4 days. Or maybe this is their autumn, although their trees haven't hardly changed color yet.
                I was glad our car seats warm up. Although going around town, whoever had the biggest car drove.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X