Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tues Check In.....Good Morning!

Good Morning!

Hey All! I don't think I got to post yesterday, but I did read everything. (((Jo))) BTDT with the moving more times than I like. I'm glad you'll be up near family. Buying & Sell is a HUGE pain.

Well guess what I've been doing? YUP! Baking. Not as much, but still. Yesterday once I got my butt in gear, I headed into town to Aldi's & Sharp Shopper. Funny how some people are SO adamant that they'll NEVER step foot in there because everything is out of date. It isn't. Now SOME stuff is close to the date, but it's stuff that won't go bad on that day. They would have been out of business from lawsuits a long time ago if they sold stuff that makes people sick. Whatever. More for me to buy. It's a busy store, so there are those of us that scoop up the deals. Yesterday's deals were blocks of Kraft cheese for $.99 and then at Aldi's I got thighs that were on sale last week for $.79/lb for 50% off. I bought all 4 pkgs and repackaged them and froze them all. They'll be great for soup and just baking. I got 25lbs for $10!

Came home and made a coconut cream pie for a new customer. She had a slice of the CC pie at her church last Friday, and wanted a whole pie for her family. She tracked me down on FB.

Got a call from the school nurse that Blaise came in complaining of not being able to breath. She listened to his lungs and they sounded fine. I told her he seemed to be coming down with a cold in the morning and had been on a hay ride over the weekend. I didn't take him to karate. Let him rest. Overnight he had a fever and is home sick today. I CAN NOT CATCHING THIS!!!! I don't have time. Then to add insult to injury, Sue just called and she's not able to come. Car trouble AGAIN. This will be the 3rd car repair in so many weeks. Last week's was the belts. She doesn't know if she'll be able to come out at all this week, and I was really counting on her. Today was pumpkin rolls (16), but I can deal with that myself. But tomorrow & Thurs was to be cleaning. My BF is coming Friday morning and this house needs some serious TLC cleaning. Oh well, not going to stress over it. I'll make sure her room and the bathroom are clean and the rest will be bonus if I get them done.

Guess I better get busy. Anyone want to stop by and get some of the 32 PR ends I'll have? You're welcome to them! I'll take some next door to the guys at the camper sales place.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie, best friends don't check the house for cleanliness. They just enjoy each others company.

Good morning to all.
    Today we leave Albequerque and drive about halfway home. NM has been cold, with rain and snow, and the balloon thing never happened. We will be leaving here in rain.

E had a mishap and his shoulder is hurting in the big B&B room they put us in. They've put us in a more normal room after that. They also refunded half of our cost for our stay. This B&B is a "work in progress". I take sponge baths here. The water from the faucets take at least a half hour to warm up. My sponge baths are tepid at best. The floors here are all brick, but parts are broken brick like cobblestones, which are covered in thick rugs. She says its to add to the Mexican flavor or feeling she is trying to achieve. Even in this smaller room, I can feel the floor's little rises and falls under the rug. But there still is open brick flooring....its icy cold and I'm glad I brought extra socks! E opened the small window for fresh air, but then it wouldn't close. The owner saw him outside and came to see what he was doing. The owner pulled out some crumbling flashing from under the window, and pushed it back in place. Then I could close the window. One of life's little adventures, but E feels like it's the vacation from he**, overall. But as I said, he is hurting, and can't use his arm much.....back to square 1 on that.

On Thursday he will go to the open clinic where I have my PT appointment.
    then he will have to take the car in for a checkup and fix up. SIL crawled under the car and he did something to temporarily fix whatever is wrong.

We will be so glad to get back home!

Hope you all have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning!
      Update on Pat for any who haven't seen her posts on Facebook:
      Only roof damage is at their back bathroom and they are not able totarp it at this point due to all the debris. Her words; Everyone keeps using the phrase: It looks like a bomb went off! She has two regrigerators and a freezer that need cleaning out but does not know whre they will be able to dump it. Still no power or water or obviously garbage removal as the streets are Covered in trees and limbs. They have not been able to get hold of their landlord, yet. Insurance adjustors will be very busy there. (FYI: during our fire recovery the insurance agents were out and about as soon as they could! Pretty sure it will be the same there.)
      They aer stayin gwith some family on the other side of town and in the area to get what they can done.
      Pat asked that we all keep them in their prayers and thoughts.

I am plugging along with dieting and as soon as my hip is 100% I am going to start the treadmill again. I told Spencer I will not be walking all over DC, though.
      And my FL brother keeps posting his steps and miles walked,etc. around Disney World so I have about a year to get in shape to visit them.
      My SIL who works there part time walks all over and she has always had weight issues, so I should be able to get walking, right?

I hope you all have a good Tuesday and Jo and E get home in good shape.
      Jostoy, I hope you have someone to help with your move, not just movers, because it can be an emotional job as well.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll get help once I'm in F.W., but not down here. I'm getting the estimate for both moving my stuff, and one to pack it all up. I've always packed and moved myself before. BUT I'm a little older now. I've been in this house 27 years.

Good morning all.

Sitting here waiting for 9 A to roll around. So not much time to gab.

Glad to hear Pat's RENTED house doesn't have much damage. Hope all will work out for her.

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Finally a sunny morning...cold but sunny. Makes a big difference!!

Caught up with the laundry yesterday and today will do the sheets and remake Andrew's bed. I think there is some ham in the freezer or maybe something with baked potatoes. I am really in the mood for a baked potato and ham is more of a mashed potato thing.

Yesterday was one of those days where everything was so aggravating. I am still taking a hefty dose of penicillin for that place on my leg and seeing no change in that but am having some stomach problems so don't know if it is from the penicillin which I have never had a problem with before or nerves because I am in a crappy mood or maybe just all my nastiness that is being bottled up. I know, no one can imagine that I keep anything bottled up especially nastiness!

Well, there you have it...I am crabby and hateful and no matter how nice the weekend was it is back to normal on Monday and the rest of the week. Ahhh! Jo sorry to hear E took a fall and your festivities were rained out. Have a safe drive home. Paula, walking Disney is an experience but I love the place. We are 'planning' on going back next summer and I am looking forward to it. We know where everything is and plan our days so do not walk in circles ...much! Funny thing is those sore feet disappear in the morning when you are off and out again. Donna, bet your friend will walk in and smell that house and not even see a dust bunny...living with you must be like smelling heaven every day! Have a wonderful day everyone and I am going to work on adjusting my attitude.

Comment

Sorry for not checking in...I have been in the hospital since midnight Sunday with stomach pains. They are running lots test...hopefully home tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X