Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/15 Monday

getting this started...it is Monday!

I hope all is starting well for you all. I read that Pat is on her way back home. She has been about 7 hours away and all her friends from home are telling her to take a deep breath and be prepared, but nothing will prepare her for how it looks. Wow! She sounds hopeful that there is no major damage to their house. Praying that is so.

It has been windy here all weekend and probably more of the same today, although the temperatures are going up into the 80's the wind sure takes the fun out it. And it makes it hard to water the lawn with the wind blowing the water or drying the lawn before the water really gets into it.

I have three bags to go out for the donation truck. A couple of things were too good to just donate to them so I will wait and gt them to our local county donation place. Their hours are not at all what I can do so I have someone who lets me know when she is going and takes things for me. I bought a white denim jacket and wore it once. It just isn't me...but I hate to just toss it, so will have my friend take it to our county shop that gives really good things for Christmas to county aid people...they get a shopping day where they come in and pick up anything they can use at no cost.
    I had given things a while back to a shop that Gave items away to the homeless or poor, and the next thing I knew they are closed. They had their own little church in the shop next to them and it is all closed up. Weird.

That is an awesome price for apples, Donna! I wish I could get to Apple HIll because the grocery store apples at Walmart are still tasting and have the squishy texture of last year's apples that have been in cold storage too long.

Ok, I am off to get this day started for real.. This is my morning chat that gets me revved up and ready to go.
    Thanks for being here!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the Pat update..let us know what type of damage she has. Pray none!!

Morning!..Have you notice how much harder it is to get up now that the mornings are cold? Frost warnings tonight!

Yesterday was a classic example of how far I will go for food. After going through 2 craft shops my sons hit the antique malls. OMG! my sons are junkers! I hate going through places full of junk that I have just thrown out into the trash. I must have gotten that 'get me the hell out of here' look on my face because Jon tossed me the keys and ask if I wanted to sit in the car. Which I did for the last two places they went through. They bought nothing but were happy and I finally got fed and I was happy. Came home to see the Blues lose again. Good thing I love hockey because this losing stuff could be getting old. Everyone went to bed early and Jon is gone to work. Scott will be leaving when he gets up. I am hoping he wants breakfast out before leaving cuz I could eat!

So back to normal around here and back to cooking with a pile of laundry. Andrew's bed is so hard to change so that could be the big chore of the day...or the week. Glad we do not have many guests!

Gloomy and cold again. Hope someone out there is having a sunshiney morning because we sure have not had many around here lately.

Comment

Good morning.
      yesterdays balloon fest was rained out. We got up super early for nothing. But they did have a good breakfast laid out in a tent. Then we all went our respective ways and napped til noon, then went out for a big lunch.

today we woke to some more rain, and today's high will get to only 47°. The B&B hostess said there was snow outside. I just saw more rain. And I feel too cool in here. The heating is not controllable by guests. The other day they had the boiler hot enough that we didn’t sleep well in the extra warmth. They brought him a floor fan for the room. So I will just shut up. He’s simply hot blooded and I’m the opposit. I can put on clothing layers.

We will see daughter and granddaughter this afternoon, after they get the dog out of the vet's kennel.
      No plans today. She gave me one of her big jackets at the fest, saying she has too many and I should keep it. I will make good use of it. Nobody expected this weather twist.

We we got a different room at the B&B yesterday. E slipped in the tub....so safety measures anywhere here. Will go into detail another time. also, something is noisy in our car. Hope we can get home okay. We leave tomorrow.

hope you all have a really great day.
      Last edited by JoGee; 10-15-2018, 12:34 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon.

All this paperwork is dragging me down. Buying a house and getting 1 on the market is a lot more work than I had any idea about.

Maxie, we got cold and gloom around here as well. I think they said a low of 31 for tonight. I have no idea where the fall went to as there hasn't been any that I've seen.

I was wondering about Pat yesterday. Please keep us up to date on her facebook page as I don't use Facebook. I also hope that they have minimal damage if any. I also wondered about her place on the beach that she worked at, and if she would have a place of employment when she got back.

I have all the realators walking through tomorrow, and have the mover coming to give me an estimate in the morning. Trying to stay POSITIVE about selling my house right away, so need to have everything in place if that should happen. Also need to get rid of some equipment that I won't be using in F.W. It has been 27 years since I've made my last move, and have never moved a house full this far before.

Everyone have a good rest of the day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Jostoy, she said a couple of days ago that both she and Chris have jobs to go back to!
          how big is the house you bought?
          i love looking at houses with friends and probably would have gone into
          real estate if the market was better when i
          decided I wanted to do daycare.

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Paula, The house I bought is only 20 more square feet than I have now. I had wanted to down-size, but there weren't any 2 bedrooms left. The housing market up there is going real fast. It doesn't allow you any time to think about it or someone else comes and snatches it up. Also, if there is an offer, the owners take it off the listings. So if the offer falls through, they are out of luck I guess.

Here, we leave the house on the listing so you can get a back up offer if the first falls through.
        Working...
        X