Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

Looks like a gloomy morning and since the furnace is running I am going out on a limb and saying it is probably cold too.

Scott came in last night and we were going to go to the Settlers Day festivities along the Illinois River but it is just to muddy and he is still in his boot so I think Jon will join us and we are going to take a ride a go through the craft/antique malls. Basically we are taking the long way around for lunch out! Scott is staying over until tomorrow so we have no time limits.

Grass boy cut for the last time yesterday and Jon did go out a transplanted and cut back the plants I wanted. He did not plant the clematis where I wanted but guess I can live with that. Right now all the guys are still in bed and I am enjoying the quiet. Blues tied Chicago last night and I hate tieing or losing anything to Chicago! Just a thing with downstate vs upstate Illinois. They play the Ducks tonight so I have two days in a row of hockey. Yay!!

Hope your Sunday is sunny and warm and you have fun things planned.

Good morning.
    we got up at 3 a.m. this morning. At 4, we were on our way to the balloon festival. It was 45° out. We found a table and then the cold drizzle of rain began. Some of us went inside the breakfast tent and ate. In the next hour th e rain increased and the balloon fest was called off. It will be only 62° here today, the rain making it feel colder. But tomorrow will be colder than today.
    So it’s kinda gloomy today, as may not see the sun shine.
    But we are having a good visit with daughter and her hubby. Plus their daughter showed up from Texas yesterday to share the time together.

Later I will tell you about our B&B......it is an adventure.

We will be going back to the B&B in a little while and get a nap. We actually woke twice between midnight and our alarm to get up. So we are tired.

Hope you all all have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...JoGee my dad's cousin and his wife are volunteering at the balloon festival....so many balloons in one place....definately on my bucket list to see and be a part of some day...

Yesterday was a really nice day but cold!!! I went to a fall festival type event in a near by town...it was great fun...I made 3 grape vine wreaths one of me one my sister and one for mom...I decorated mine and my sisters..mom just wants her's the way it is...I am anxious to see what she does with it....

I spent the rest of the day trying to warm up.....

This morning is Bible Study and a meal...the meal has a breakfast theme....one of my favorites.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I was making a burlap wreath at our women's activity at church, but I totally prefer a grapevine wreath. I make my own wreath out of the vines from my grapes. This year I didn't get any grapes (they were all high in the tree andtotally went to the birds!) but I will get about three good wreaths form it.

It is a good Sunday morning here, too. meaning quiet and no stress on the agenda.
      the soup went over well and there was none leftover to bring home, just the pot to be cleaned. I took crayons and play dough for the kids who showed up and a bunch did! It was a super well attended event! Who knows what will get women out on a Saturday? And I sat at a table (8) that had two retired flower shop ladies so there was a lot of help with the bows.

Jo, all my knowledge (?) of B&B's comes from hallmark movies and one friend who stayed in her friend's B&B in upstate NY. It is part of land that used to be owned to the Jackson and Perkins owners (not sure which one) and has lots of heirloom roses planted all around. My friend went and stayed a month last January so no roses in her pictures but I looked at their website and it is beautiful in the blooming seasons.
      I have roses blooming still out back. I keep saying when I retire I will have more time to attend to them...

Not much on my list today other than church and either going to my mom's or having her over here. I have salmon for dinner after church and she really likes it so that pretty much makes up my mind for it, I guess.

II see at the top that there was one response when I signed on and 8 views. Who is viewing? Members or how would others get to read our posts? curious.

Well, I am off here to get clothes ready and to weed some out for the donation truck that comes tomorrow. With all I get rid of how do always have so much to donate every time they come by? Becky usually does too.

Lately I have been making eggs over easy for breakfast and loving them. I am taking a break from the smoothies. And Becky bought some gingerbread tea at Mount Vernon this summer and I have been using a bag of that and a bag of vanilla chai and so good to start the day. I us the decaf kind as I get energized enough by the kids

I hope you have a good day and stay well and happy! and safe in your travels, Jo!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Making bows is the one thing I wish I could do! I used to have a friend who worked in a flower shop who would make them for me but she retired and I left town and that is that!
        Even my crafty sister does not make bows like I want them...she is into natural and I like full. We eat a lot of scrambled eggs around here because of Andrew but I do love an over easy. When Sierra was little she ordered scrambled but always waited to run her toast through my yolk. To this day you will see her hand in my plate!

Good Morning! Man is it cold! I had to turn the furnace on yesterday.

Yesterday was so so. I spent the morning at the church preparing the food for the homeless shelter meal that our church will be serving later this afternoon. I've never gone to serve, but always make the meal. Relieved Cork at the karate place on my way home so he could go do his thing. Blaise's friend invited him to stay the night & they picked him up at 2pm and will be bringing him back about the same time today. We hit up a few more garage sales, and I didn't find anything notable. Came home & took a nap. I couldn't find my energy until about 830pm and then I made a couple pans of lasagna.

We went to church & SS. Getting back into that routine now that the pie season is over. I'm hoping to find a burst of energy and do some cleaning. My BF Maureen is coming Friday, and I've GOT to get this place looking decent. I've hired Sue again this year to help me clean Wed & Thurs. Slow but sure. I want to clean up areas so that we spend time doing cleaning. We'll see. I want to make another pot of chili for me for this coming week. I really enjoyed it last week, and it was a quick easy lunch. Need to also bake a couple apple pies & the lasagnas. I'm giving Kathy a pie & the small pan of lasagna. She's coming to visit Blaise later this afternoon sometime and bring back our Escape that she borrowed.

Did I tell you she quit her job? That girl! She claims she was being sexually harassed, and her supervisor and HR would do nothing about it. This is what she says. She says she has a job interview on Monday. We'll see. Always an excuse why she can't pay us back.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
      X