Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...Oct. 13/18

Good morning.

I realize that I haven't been around, but I have been very busy since I got back from Fort Wayne. To start with, I bought a house in Fort Wayne. So I was very busy with my sister-in-law up there running around to see house for comparison, but ended up buying the first house I went into. It had every thing I wanted in a house.

I actually didn't go up there to buy a house, but to look at the 55+ communities. But I got talked into a house by the family. They, the family, have been after me for a long time to move up there, but I had told them I wasn't doing anything until something happened to Edith. So that time had come.

This week I got my house on the market, and was "shopping" for insurance up there. I finally decided that I would stay with the same ins. that I have here and it would be so much easier to just transfer it to Fort Wayne after my house sells. I will stay here until my house sells. My sister-in-law and nieces will keep check on the one up there.

It feels so lonely here without Edith. I think the hardest thing for me to have to do in my life was to go to Church last Sunday, and not see Edith sitting at the organ. I also found another pew to sit in as Edith and I always sat in the front pew. As you can probably tell, I am still not handling Edith's death too well. I guess since she had not been ill, it is just so hard to take.

Enough of my sad thoughts. I will just say....everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 10-13-2018, 08:48 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning Jostoy! Good to see you.

Yesterday someone posted on fb about temps going from 90s to 40s in a weeks time but that is weather in the midwest. The saying has always been if you don;t like St.Louis weather then wait an hour! So now the furnace is running. It rained all day yesterday and that even made it colder since temps never got higher than 45 around here. So much for fall!

Grocery shopped last night so have food for a few days. Scott texted that he is coming in this evening but probably only to stay tomorrow. There is a settlers day weekend on the Illinois River with encampments and whatever goes with them and he wants to check it out. But...rain is suppose to come back tomorrow. Guess we will see. He does not need to be out walking muddy ground in his boot and I do not need to be doing it just because! But I can imagine he is beginning to get pretty bored now that he can move around a bit.

Hauled Sierra out of bed yesterday and forced her to get a flu shot. They are predicting a bad season and it is just plain stupid that she cannot find 30 minutes to get some protection. She is not happy with me anyway so I sorta enjoyed getting her up. Went to pick up Andrew's shirts from Penney's and when I checked they said they were there and when I went they were not. The counter lady was very nice and took the time to make calls etc and even she got different answers. Anyway, they will be there Monday. Penney's has been doing on line picked for a long time and never has it been this screwed up. What messes with things? They cannot give correct answers among themselves. Oh well, I keep thinking it was worth 40% off.....except I do not have them yet.

Think I will finish putting grocery's away and unloading the dishwasher so I can clean out to sink of last nights snacks. Will go in and pick crap off the floor in Drew's room so his uncle can walk in. That kid does not sleep nightly here but leaves that room like a pig lives in it. He will always be a slob and that gives me job security I guess. Not that I want that job! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Good morning...leaving in a bit for a fall festival there will be apple butter making..hayrides..all the fall stuff plus food trucks...should be a good time. My sister and her fam are camping this week end. Brrr

Comment

Good morning and so thankful to read your post, Jostoy. Grief is a hard journey. Time, talking and prayer got me through the hard part and now I am doing well. Nothing takes away the emotion of missing someone, but the hard pain is no longer at the top of my feelings. If I can ever do anything for you please let me know here. I am not sure how private our posts are here, but if our message page is secure I can give you my phone number.

I did all my grocery shopping right after daycare yesterday. I t ended early and I thought I would miss the after 5:00 work people and the Saturday crowds. Dream on, Paula. It still took an hour in Walmart to buy food and some things in the drugstore area. By the time I pushed my fully loaded cart to the car and got things loaded in, I was so tired I sat in the car for a bit.
        Home and I had Becky to help carry in and then I put most of it away. She got the rest. My hip was hurting so bad. I guess it isn't up to that kind of walking, yet. But still much better than last Saturday when I took forever to limp across the church parking lot in the evening.

I went to bed Early last night and said I would not be making the soup. I had cooked the chicken but there were other ingredients I went to the store for...Well, after getting up at the regular time, 5:00am, I cleaned up and thought I would make the soup. The house now smells nicely of bacon and onion and the chicken corn chowder is in a big pot and ready to go to the church.
        Becky got a text at 6:30 that one of the girls who was going to babysit kids while the moms would be making a wreath woke up sick. So it was back to another plan: have any children that come sit at a table in the gym area where we will be and do crafts, too. That meant I went to the daycare room and started getting puppet papers and bags and playdough and such for the kids to do.
        I may or may not get to do a wreath...kids and playdough have to be watched for sure!

ON my way now. Just needed to talk to you all.
        Maye, I want my front door painted. I can't make up my mind as to the color, yet, but it will happen one of these days.
        Jo, the B&B was agood choice, it sounds like.

Comment

I agree Paula, grief is hard and never leaves but does become something you can handle. Jostoy I think moving closer to family is a good start. When the time is right you know it. Last month was my wedding anniversary and his birthday plus Tinkers. That may have been why I was crabby? I dunno but it seems to be passing. Living with this family gives me other things to think about for sure. I may not be able to help you, Jostoy, but I do understand.

Sorry your hip is bothering you again but after grocery shopping last night I was done in too...still have a bag of assorted things sitting on the table. Grass boy has been here for the last cutting and the kitchen is cleaned. Checked Andrew's bed and cleaned the chocolate off the spread. Jon ask if I was picking up more halloween candy last night and I said no..twice is already enough and he agreed that Drew had been hitting it hard. Think I will buy popcorn balls for the few trickers we get. I do not turn on the light but ANdrew's mom will call when they are coming and he and his cousins will get popcorn balls. I like popcorn balls! My MIL used to make them and they were delish...mine will be the pride of walmart!

I have done all this work this morning and the rest of them are just rolling out. I wish I could just leave this joint a dump and let them live in it but I hate clutter. They work you know so need their rest. I on the other hand just sit around and watch tv all day when I am not cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, iroining and cleaning chocolate off bedspreads. I got it made!!

So just putting in my 2 cents to the current events here. Your right about your sister and family camping Beth...burr!

Comment

Working...
          X