Brunch time Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunch time Saturday?

Went to bed with a headache last night and slept in until almost 9:30 this morning and still I am first here? Oh well, you know me...I can come here and talk to myself without a problem.

Going to be a slow but beautiful weekend here. Sierra has been gone since 5:00AM and Jon still in bed but then we are going into Andrew's room. I would never go in there myself and touch anything! No way will I take the blame myself but all I am looking for is dust and dirt and will leave the clutter to his dad. That kid has suddenly dragged out all his remote cars etc., and has beat the heck out of the woodwork and I am a little miffed about it. Some of those cars and trucks are huge and need to be outside but what is the fun in that?

Need to plan some meals and get a shopping list started. Then that will be a worry out of the way for the next week or so. I probably should do that on a regular basis anyway. Would end surprise meat coming up in the morning for me to plan a meal around. Jon brings up whatever before he leaves for work and you do grocery shop more often when you have no idea what will show up and hitting a store is never as simple as running in for one item. I understand exactly what Cookie means about that!!

Guess I'll start the day. It is a beautiful day here but the heat is coming back...YAY!!!

Hi!
    It will be a beautiful, bright, hot day here. The temp is down to 103° for today. I like the quiet, cool mornings.

Yesterday’s dinner was nice. Not sure I’m that crazy about the new restaurant. “Native”....the name is no giveaway as to the menu. It has several kinds of burgers, the Friday Fish Fry (the fish dinner was 2 fillets and French fries, the other was fish & fries ??? What’s the difference?) , a couple chicken platters (country cooking with lotsa gravy), and a few different of salads. I’ll tell you the fish and the fries were pretty greasy. I ate less than half of it, and did not ask for the take-out box. The cold drinks came in tall glasses, including the margarita the other guy had. My hot tea was a cup of hot water, a teabag on the side, and no refills.

Today I’ll probably start the laundry. And the day will take me from there.
    Monday I have an early appointment with the cancer doctor. He will go over the results of the MRI I had on Thursday.
    i think I’ve been cancer free for 3 years now.

With that, I guess I’ll stop. Not much new here at home, and lots of stuff to get done or rid of. We have to hit it all sooner or later. May as well be sooner. How did we collect all this stuff, anyway?

Have a great day. , whatever you are doing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Just to let you all know that I have been very busy, and yes I haven't showed up for quite a while now.

The next 2 days will probably be the hardest I've ever had to go through. On Wednesday night I lost my very best friend ever. Following quadruple bypass, Edith passed away about 2 hours after getting out of surgery. We did everything together.

Her funeral is Monday morning, and then I have a Dr's appt. on Wednesday. Thursday I'm leaving for Fort Wayne to see my family. I don't have any idea when I'll be home. I may stay 10 to 14 days. Just saying all this so that you know I won't be on for a while again.

Every one take care.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        So sorry to hear of your loss. I have suffered that loss and it will always leave a hole in your heart and life. Take extra good care of yourself and enjoy the time with your family.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, my goodness, Jostoy, this made me cry for you and her family. I always knew E was a very special friend, but didn't know her name. My prayers for your comfort as you go through this hard loss.
        Everyone should have such a friendship in their life as you to have and I do mean Have. Life goes on beyond here and see will see our loved ones again!

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        My heart goes out to you, knowing you as I do I know that friendships are hard, but having a 'true' friendship even harder....when you have a friend that you do everything with, talk and trust it leaves a big hole....like Maxie said, I also had a friend like that and there will never be another one like it..I am so sorry jostoy, I know today, tomorrow and days ahead are going to be hard...praying for you...sending my love, hugs and prayers to you.

Thank you for the update, Jostoy.
      I am so sorry for your loss of your good friend.
      I hope the visit with your family will bring you comfort.
      You will continue to be in my thoughts.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Such a loss for you, Jostoy. This is when I wish we all were closer geographically to be able to do something for You.

I just got here because the morning got away from me.
        I took Becky to her test for a legal analyst position and I guess we both thought I woud use the car while she was at the test. I came home and started cleaning and haven't got to the store yet. My brother called from FL and wanted to talk about getting my mom to a SW flight for a trip out there for Thanksgiving...
        Oops, got a text to come get Becky. She is finished. I will be back later.

Comment

It's Sunday morning...My heart aches fpr jostoy because I know how very close she and Edith were, one of those once in a lifetime friendships, and if you knew jostoy you would know that is not an easy thing for her..My heartfelt sympathy to her...today, tomorrow and into the weeks are going to be so rough on her...

I am always dealing with an issue, my cat Sam has a severe inner ear infection, can not walk straight, not eating, etc. has been to the vet, on meds, etc. but has been hiding in the drawer under my dryer and that is where he has been staying since Thursday, trying to get a few bites of food in him, bought the Urgent Care food, meat baby food, tuna....a few licks at a time while we hold him, but since his trip to the vet he has been wild and hard to handle, it really traumatized him and now he has trust issues....we are cancelling our trip to Niagara Falls as he needs us and I can't leave him here and expect them to be able to take care of him...We will lose $200 for cancelling, but small price to pay for the health and love of my kitty.. So I just am not in the mood, nor have to the time to be talking right now..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
          X