Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

morning...I had my first bad day at work yesterday...we got hold of a bad case of wraps. For every one I successfully made 2 wouldn’t survive being rolled. I found out they ordered a different kind. Then we ran out when I went to restock so I hope they got more for today.

Working today...then home...then I have class tonight.

Well, that wasn't your fault, Beth...and sounds like you got through the stress.

Another fire in our area. It probably showed up on the news: two big rigs had to be abandoned and they were just a burned up pile of black mess on the interstate when I saw it on Facebook. I-5 is closed just north of us. We were going to go up to Or this weekend (just Ashland area over the state line) but not now. Truckers had to abandon their trucks at rest stops because there was no way to get to the other side of the interstate to go south.
    kI have no idea what the real solution is but logging people say they have to be able to cut down and clear out overgrowth and of course, the environmentalists say leave it all to be natural...

My visit by social services for the new part time child are cancelled. His mom said she wanted to cancel a year ago, but the ohte rparent (they are divorcing) wanted to keep them. She said he was being watched for autism. If I had known that I would have put in my thoughts long ago. He shows no signs and I have had enough experience with kids on the spectrum as well as seeing and recognizing children who do need some kind of special ed that I am surprised how long the state let this go ...but not totally. Some of the agencies tht get state money for following kids through the years are really not about letting go until the child ages out and the public school takes over.
    The mom doesn't say anything negative about the other parent but that parent gets in little digs at pick up time...I just keep my mouth shut and try to keep (what they call) a neutral face. Not esy with me! My eyes roll a lot, at least inwardly!

So not having that person show up for an hour of daycare makes for a good day.
    And having a friend take the pile of boxes and bag of clothes to the donation place yesterday makes for a good day and an open space. It was always clean but now looks great to not see that stuff! Salvation Army was not taking any clothing ( go figure: all the fires and they still didn't want clothing), and Good Will is out of town. Hope Chest has M-F hours that did not work for my hours so when a friend asked if she could do anything for me after I took her to get a new battery for her car: it just worked out!

I hope your day works out for you all. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      An inward eye roll? Do you know how much grief I would save myself if I could do that? Sometimes I get accuse of rolling when I don;t even know I am! Instructions please....

Morning Beth. Not your fault about the wraps but sure was aggravating I'm sure. Hope you have a better day today!

Suppose to start raining today and then rain for a couple of days. Gordon is going to drop 3 to 4 inches of rain on us and rain through Saturday. Then things are suppose to cool and I can get out and start cutting back things and emptying pots. Nothing is pretty anymore anyway. Not much of summer left but the heat and I will miss the heat...really really miss it when I am swaddled in my sweat pants and shirts. I even ordered a Christmas shower curtain the other day when I ordered a new normal one. Time to move on I guess.

Lots I could do today but probably won;t...rolled over on my shoulder wrong last night and it is achy this morning. Meat loaf for supper which is pretty easy. Especially since I am not cooking it...when Jon is off it is his job to feed us! Both my boys like to cook and are better at it than me anyway. Received my Staunton paper yesterday and saw an old neighbor died last week. When we bought our first home and had our boys the people across the street were brand new empty nesters and took a liking to our boys. On Easter she would fill baskets and he would sneak across the street and ring the doorbell. At Christmas there were always packages on the porch. Nice memories of nice people who never called to complain the kids on the street were to loud or in their yard.

Guess I'll shower. Time to start the day. Going to sit on the patio with another cup of coffee while the sun is still shining. Enjoy the day....

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie having someone else cook and clean up is great...I am looking forward to flannels and sweat pants and comfy clothes, I love fall and winter..just something comforting to me, things slow down a bit and I like that, especially the older I get...You getting the Christmas spirit already? What a wonderful neighbor you had for you and the kids growing up...I lived in a neighborhood like that when my kids were younger..

Geez.... lost my morning’s post.
    DD has several family crisis’ on her hands right now. Just got her call AND email.
    will try posting again later.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hello again.
      It looks pretty breezy out today, but no rain expected....it’s bright and sunny, and going to be 100° or very close to it for several days. With the heat we’ve had this year, I wonder if we will have an early winter or a hot one.

DD (the cripple one) still has a dead swamp cooler hanging on her roof, which still needs fixing from that storm...how many months ago?....and they’re still a month or two away from fixing it due to other jobs. Her son lost his job, thanks to a bi-polar supervisor.
      They took her eldest DD to a clinic to take out a couple of prominent teeth. She can’t afford a partial, and is herself out of a job and knows she won’t be hired if her teeth are missing. (We offered to get it for her.) I don’t know if her SO beats her, but he and his mom don’t work, and she’s forced to do all the cooking, cleaning, and support them, too.....or else they’ll kick her out and take away her (autistic) DD. At least, she believes these threats and is afraid to take her girl and leave for good. So much drama in that family!

Otherwise, nothing much going on here. Yet. Monday we leave for LV NV, Tuesday the visit with our old friends, and return home on Wednesday. I will have an MRI the next day, and the following Monday my colostomy surgeon will tell me whether I’m still cancer-free. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Beth, that definitely is not your fault. When companies get cheaper product to cut costs, that’s just what happens.

Paula, I am sorry to hear of more fire in your area.

Maxi, it’s nice to get good memories about old friends or neighbors.
      E cooks for me if I’m not up to it...he nukes frozen dinners.

And i I think I’ll start tonight’s meal started. It will take a frying pan, then my crock pot. I really miss my old Farberware electric skillet....the Farberware lasted me 10-15 years each after almost daily use. They aren’t made any more. The identical-looking one by Aroma lasted barely 2 years. It is crap and had hot spots before it quit.

I need those Orange Oreo cookies now....I see an “Apple pie” version advertised, too. I wonder if it’s any good?

Have a great rest-of-the-day.

—————————————-

Boffler, I only use “cripple” to identify which of my 4 daughters I’m talking about.
      She doesn’t allow her physical condition to get in the way of her life...she’s a ball of spitfire when she needs to be. But there are those who take unfair advantage of handicapped people, and I think because she is a widow and handicapped that is what those contractors are doing. And, she always checks with her kids to make sure they’re okay. Her eldest girl has the drama, and is too frightened to think straight about leaving her situation. I’m not taking that on, but we will help her replace her missing teeth.
      Last edited by JoGee; 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        JoG, sorry but I just have to say this, when you refer to your DD and in parenthesis put (the cripple one) it makes me cringe and a bit angry that such a thing needs to be said each time.It comes across to me that she is less than because she has a physical limitation... I would not want to know their drama, let them all deal with it on their own, LOL....Will keep my fingers crossed that yes you are still cancer free.... The reason for my feelings is because my Mom had a cleft pallet and hairlip and they always referred to her as Orpha the one with the affliction...
        Last edited by boffler; 09-07-2018, 08:31 AM.

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        physically challenged would sound a whole lot better...or just saying your DD that lives in ? I just don't like labels at all...

I saw the apple pie flavor but looked away and didn’t go back.
      let us know if you try it

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Flavored Oreos do not temp me in the least, just go with the originals for me..
    Working...
    X